British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

I must admit the commentery team were dire, and the atmosphere felt a bit flat, but the racing was fairly good,(hopefully the BSPA will realise they are being stupid in boycotting).

Edited to say; Will definitely being watching next 3. ;)

Exactly. Scotty was decent but the other bloke was awful. Kel and Nige get excited about the sport and that rubs off on the viewer.

But as people say it's the racing that is important and it was 'out of the top drawer'.

BTW that exact phrase was used by Day so it seems old Kel is still an inspiration to budding speedway commentators.

I will give the two of them some credit but their performance when Matrin Vaculik lay in a heap was pretty disgraceful.

Some very good use of the helmet cam by Eurosport which I enjoyed.

Togliatti will be interesting if they manage to attract the locals who love their speedway and Artem Laguta.

Could see 4 Russians in the top six next time round.

Will be intersting to see how Woffy goes there.

Seems to me that the SGP has just gotten a very serious rival. And hopefully such a rivalry will grow and make both of them up their game and benefit all.

Look forward to the Togliatti round - heard excellent things about the stadium/track, hopefully a couple of lesser known Russian wildcards will be included & mix it with the GP big guns. Should be fun if last night's anything to go by...

Artem Laguta is wild card and he will mix it up as he is the master of Togliatti and has beaten many a big name rider there.

Really liked the helmet cam footage, best rider's eye view we've ever seen surely?

Artem Laguta is wild card and he will mix it up as he is the master of Togliatti and has beaten many a big name rider there.

'

Will be quite interesting to see the Laguta brothers racing against each other.

• Like 1

Enjoyable meeting.

Can't wait for the report and pictures in the next issue of the 'World's Leading Speedway Magazine'.

• Like 5

Thought it was a very good meeting in many way :D

Will Tai be in the next one? Thought I heard in commentary that he was the wildcard for this one.

Will Tai be in the next one? Thought I heard in commentary that he was the wildcard for this one.

He's in them all he was given a Wild Card for the SERIES, not a meeting Wild Card.

He's in them all he was given a Wild Card for the SERIES, not a meeting Wild Card.

Much obliged

Scott did ok at commentary (Deadpan is ok & not false hype)

Steve & Scott get a massive thumbs up from me. They agreed to differ on some pronunciation rather than making up their own and didn't hype every race up way beyond belief. It was heat 17 before I realized that I'd still got the sound on. The words "I'll hand you over to our commentary team" normally have me reaching for the mute button !!!

• Like 1

Sportowefakte reporting 5.2 million across Europe viewed the meeting.

And 1 in the USA. :lol: :t:

Do we know how that compares with say the last GP or SWC?

Nice viewing figure for a new competition. It certainly deliverd the goods and was a damn good meeting.

Do we know how that compares with say the last GP or SWC?

Nice viewing figure for a new competition. It certainly deliverd the goods and was a damn good meeting.

The Eurosport Best Pairs got just under 4 million.