British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Freddie Williams Interview - Any Questions?

We'll be interviewing Freddie Williams for the next issue of Classic Speedway magazine next week.

Just wondered if you have any specific questions you would like to ask the former double World Champion and Wembley Lions legend if you had the chance . . . ?

Maybe we could put them to Freddie...

Does he think he'd still have won his World Champs had the finals not been held at Wembley?

I would like to know if Freddie thinks Speedway has Progressed or Regressed over the last fifty or sixty years. How does he rate the Grand Prix as against the 'one off' World Final?

Finally - does he have any views on Rider (British) Training and does he think we will ever again have a British Rider winning the World Championship.

Hope this helps.

Ian.

I would like to know if Freddie thinks Speedway has Progressed or Regressed over the last fifty or sixty years. How does he rate the Grand Prix as against the 'one off' World Final?

Finally - does he have any views on Rider (British) Training and does he think we will ever again have a British Rider winning the World Championship.

Hope this helps.

Ian.

Good questions WK, hope Freddie is asked them!

"The Mackem"

Another question has occurred to me.

What does Freddie think about the state of Tracks nowadays. Does he, like me, think that they are far too slick these days - or - does he believe that there should be more Dirt on the Tracks?

His opinions on 'Laydown' Engines may be of interest too.

Edited by The White Knight