British Speedway Forum
Paul

Kent 2013

Smart move to get Boxall in the team. It will take something very special to stop him becoming the league's number 1. I don't see a problem with him starting in the NL. It will only be a matter of weeks before the PL and EL come knocking on his door. Surely it's all about getting as many meetings as he can for a year so that he can blow away the cobwebs?

If Lambert has signed too then Kent become the new favourites with only IOW capable of challenging them in my opinion. Mildenhall and Dudley perhaps the favourites for 3rd and 4th but the rest are very much closer this time so I'll take nothing for granted at all.

21st think you are right,this could be a very interesting League with a number of teams fancying themselves to do well.

Really looking forward to the Kent v Heathens clash.

Sure Heathens will bring big support,could be a cracker.

:t:

Smart move to get Boxall in the team. It will take something very special to stop him becoming the league's number 1. I don't see a problem with him starting in the NL. It will only be a matter of weeks before the PL and EL come knocking on his door. Surely it's all about getting as many meetings as he can for a year so that he can blow away the cobwebs?

If Lambert has signed too then Kent become the new favourites with only IOW capable of challenging them in my opinion. Mildenhall and Dudley perhaps the favourites for 3rd and 4th but the rest are very much closer this time so I'll take nothing for granted at all.

If lambert has signed he is "the something very special" that will stop boxhall becoming the leagues #1...personally cant see lambert riding in the national league when he could be riding in germany,possibly even poland for a lot more money.best of luck to him what ever he and his family decide.

I'm sure a fair few will make the trip. It's a long round trip though so perhaps not so many as do the more local ones. :)

Lambert will be up there as a top heat leader if he has signed. I've long-since said that if he intends to ride in the British league next year then coming over to do the NL this year would serve him well. Not for the competition but for the head start on learning our tracks and bike set-up. It would prove valuable practice for the PL and EL next season. NL only won't stop him still heading back over to the Continent to do some meetings at a higher level as well.

The league's top 5 should be Boxall, Lambert (if signed), Perry, Nielsen and Ellis. :)

If lambert has signed he is "the something very special" that will stop boxhall becoming the leagues #1...personally cant see lambert riding in the national league when he could be riding in germany,possibly even poland for a lot more money.best of luck to him what ever he and his family decide.

Germany (and Poland) probably won't clash with too many mid-week NL meetings. The more he races the better ATM.

If anyone is in Margate this weekend come and say Hi as we promote the Kent Kings at the International Beech Cross event.

If anyone is in Margate this weekend come and say Hi as we promote the Kent Kings at the International Beech Cross event.

Already you guys are more pro-active than most clubs. Nice one.

• Like 4

Thanks for the comments all,

Just a quick update that myself, Ben Morley and David Mason will be at the Margate Beech Cross event this weekend with our flyers, racejackets etc.

Also watch out the week after next for our Press Release about our unique new sponsorship deal with another sport..........

Margate was fantastic with over 1000 flyers handed out and lots of interest.

We took three bikes, 2 riders, 1 new set of kevlars, a couple race jackets, lots of posters and flyers.

For an early view of the photos check out our Facebook page, full photos will be on the official website later this week thanks to Tony & Denise Fowles.

When you check out the photos later this week there are some very interesting ones that could have the following captions.

"How many Kings does it it take to put up a gazebo"

"Kings sign Borneo's first ever speedway rider, but will have to make a much larger race jacket"

"Morley decides to try four wheels instead of two"

And Finally

"Only Fools & Kings Jolly Boy Outing to Margate"

steve boxall riding in this league what a joke,its no wonder our sport is going down hill very quickly :sad:

steve boxall riding in this league what a joke,its no wonder our sport is going down hill very quickly :sad:

How dose this work he has ridden in the league before so whats the problem ?