British Speedway Forum
Paul

Kent 2013

Either they have a spectacular name lined up and they are building the tension, or they haven't found anyone yet. I'm going for the latter.

It probably won't be Robert Lambert as I've heard he can only commit to half a dozen meetings due to other commitments.

But if not Lambert,why the wait ?Len Silver was quoted a while back that if this Kent team could not win any silverware he would eat his hat.How would the riders named so far - and no Lambert - compare to other teams ?Anyway my latest prediction is that rider 7 will be named Monday at fans forum. :blink:

Len Silver was quoted a while back that if this Kent team could not win any silverware he would eat his hat.How would the riders named so far - and no Lambert - compare to other teams ?

If I were him I'd be out looking for an edible hat.

• Like 1

dont think they will do badly, they look stronger than buxton. and they have allready beaten stoke over 2 legs, and are likely to beat the top rated team in the league(according to dudley fans) iow

The Kent CTA Fire Kings are pleased to confirm their 7th rider is 19 year old Sam Woods - full details on our official website www.kentkings.co

We also look forward to meeting fans tonight at the Fans Forum in the Central Bar at Central Park Stadium. Doors open at 8pm, and the Bar will be open.

The Forum will start at 8.30pm

I have a feeling there will be lots of disappointed Kent supporters that it aint lambert

Yes - :sad:

Shouldn't effect attendances initially, but when the novelty wears off who knows? I must admit to not knowing some of the names in the side, I'm not a regular NL follower, so I can't say what their chances of silverware are.

I'll be there for the opener against the US touring side, but can't make the regular slot. If I really wanted an NL fix I can drive to Mildenhall in the same time and on a more convenient day/time. M25/Dartford Crossing on a weekday rush hour? hmmmmmm...... :o

Edited by Shadders

While Lambert would have been a 3 point heat leader, and we are obviously a lot weaker without him, and many will be dissapointed i know,,But Sam Woods has been gaining experience abroad ,He went out with Ben Morley at the Rye practice and was no more than 20 yards behind him all morning ,,so he looks on the pace and won some second half races by a country mile the other saturday,,Although we have 3- 3 pointers the faster pair will start at reserve ,,i believe Sam and Adam are good prospects and if Jack Kingston can up his pace a little,,he is already pretty smooth he will be too....It will take a little time and Connor has to get used to different equipment,so if the fans stick with it ,the future for the Kent Kings is bright ,,just dont expect to much to soon.....

Finally, there will be a "legends" parade before the meeting when we will introduce some Kent legends from the past.

Can you please confirm who these 'legends' are?

Can you please confirm who these 'legends' are?

Here

Barry Thomas, Malcolm Simmons, Dave Jessup, Laurie Etheridge, Barney Kennett, Les Rumsey, Ted Hubbard, Paul Hurry, Paul Woods , Steve Naylor, Dave

Piddock, Graham Clifton, Frank Wendon, Alan Johns, Les Rumsey and Bobby McNeill

More details on the Kent Kings Website.

Here

Barry Thomas, Malcolm Simmons, Dave Jessup, Laurie Etheridge, Barney Kennett, Les Rumsey, Ted Hubbard, Paul Hurry, Paul Woods , Steve Naylor, Dave

What a shame that Dave Mullett isn`t considered a "Kent Legend" by some :mad: !! his phone number was provided by myself in February and no-one has contacted him-I`m certain he would be only too pleased to take part on the opening day.

Edited by racers and royals

Here

Excellent!

What a shame that Dave Mullett isn`t considered a "Kent Legend" by some :mad: !! his phone number was provided by myself in February and no-one has contacted him-I`m certain he would be only too pleased to take part on the opening day.

We're also sure that Dave would really appreciate a call. He's done really well to come through some very dark days and his enthusiasm for speedway has been rekindled. This would probably mean a lot to him.

He was, after all, Canterbury's last No.1 and (I think I'm right in saying) the winner of the last ever race at Kingsmead in 1987.

This is my fault and I can only apologise. I asked someone to help me with this and didn't pass on his number.

I have called Dave this morning and left a message to apologise for my oversite and asked him to join us.

I hope he does and can only apologise again for my oversite.

Regards

Nikko

I would just like to say thanks to Nikko for a really great evening 2nite! Was great to see the track and meet the team and all the people involved in bringing the Kent kings together. Have been waiting a long time for a place to replace the crusaders and was hugely impressed by the place and now cant wait for next Monday when the first wheels r turned in anger! Gonna b great hearing the roar of speedway bikes going round that place! Thanks again to everyone involved for making the dream a reality and heres to a successful season on and off the track!