British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KN1

Christmas Cracker - Now 8th Feb, 7pm @ Somerset

Yes Nick Morris was there and I asked him if he fancied riding in the meeting and he explained he had no equipment available so that had ruled him out anyway.

• Like 1

And yet nobody is on Nick Morris' back for not riding? If he would have turned up on an upright and only claimed 3 points you'd all go 'aww bless, at least he tried'

And yet nobody is on Nick Morris' back for not riding? If he would have turned up on an upright and only claimed 3 points you'd all go 'aww bless, at least he tried'

Maybe because Morris was never announced as part of the field?! Hancock released a statement saying he would of raced had there been a place available but there wasnt.

I despise riders who turn up at events like this and take the p**s... if all 16 riders turned up and done it how many fans would you see through the gate? Basically none.

Its not just Bridger I dislikefor doing it, Adam Shields and Davey Watt are another pair who turned up at a Newport Classic before and didnt try a leg between them and scored about 4 points, Tim Stone was furious and dont think he invited them back again.

As I posted... when fans are paying normal rates to get in, standing round in baltic conditions, they want to see riders giving it their all, not half heartedly riding round on a blatantly uncompetitive bike. Its not the first time hes done it either.

• Like 1

Maybe because Morris was never announced as part of the field?! Hancock released a statement saying he would of raced had there been a place available but there wasnt.

I despise riders who turn up at events like this and take the p**s... if all 16 riders turned up and done it how many fans would you see through the gate? Basically none.

Its not just Bridger I dislikefor doing it, Adam Shields and Davey Watt are another pair who turned up at a Newport Classic before and didnt try a leg between them and scored about 4 points, Tim Stone was furious and dont think he invited them back again.

As I posted... when fans are paying normal rates to get in, standing round in baltic conditions, they want to see riders giving it their all, not half heartedly riding round on a blatantly uncompetitive bike. Its not the first time hes done it either.

Can only agree! If Lewis was only ever going to use an 'old jawa' in the first place for a bit of fun and practice then perhaps his place should have been taken by someone else who were looking to be more competitive on the night. Lewis is a showman and I dare say loves a bit of media hype but when fans are parting with £15-£20 having made the journey to get there on a freezing cold night they deserve to have all riders on show to be as competitive as possible.

There is always a risk when these type of meetings occur of similar things happening (I was at the NYC where Bridger did the same thing and I was really looking forward to him having a great chance of winning it) but I'm afraid it only puts more people off when this sort of thing happens!

Ive always liked Davey, he was very good at teaching riders who joined us {poole} how to ride our track, he would spend quite a bit of time doing this, which was always good to see, what i would term, a PROPER captain... But yes, this sort of thing does speedway no favours whatsoever, in a day and age when its wants to attract fans, not send them running from Stadiums...

Edited by Starman2006

i thought the meeting was crap some races with only 3 riders bridger messing around on a bag of spanners ,thoroughly short changed by the somerset promotion only 2 riders worth watching barker and fisher wont be parting with my money at somerset again except to support the devils!

i thought the meeting was crap some races with only 3 riders bridger messing around on a bag of spanners ,thoroughly short changed by the somerset promotion only 2 riders worth watching barker and fisher wont be parting with my money at somerset again except to support the devils!

Well what did you really expect in the dead of Winter on a freezing cold night and the majority of the riders only half race fit? You go back to Somerset during the season, and i will gurrantee you, you will see a totally different story, Somerset is one of the best race tracks in the country, where you will see PROPER speedway, And i mean,i Gurrantee you, you will see a totally different story..

You just making words up? :rofl:

It`s not like you to be sharp on the uptake.... :wink::lol::P

You just making words up? :rofl:

Ok i missed an A out and put two R's in, whoppy do...

Well I actually enjoyed the meeting. (Although I concede that Ben Barker winning the meeting played a big part in that.) As others have said Somerset is a good race track and one of my favourite. I really miss my visits there particularly with some of the racetracks (if they can be called that) we have the pleasure of in the EL. I even hanker after the Rye House track and I never thought I would say that! It was good to see some speedway again and I now cant wait for the season to start proper. Having seen how fast Ben was I think we could be in for a good season.

Well I actually enjoyed the meeting. (Although I concede that Ben Barker winning the meeting played a big part in that.) As others have said Somerset is a good race track and one of my favourite. I really miss my visits there particularly with some of the racetracks (if they can be called that) we have the pleasure of in the EL. I even hanker after the Rye House track and I never thought I would say that! It was good to see some speedway again and I now cant wait for the season to start proper. Having seen how fast Ben was I think we could be in for a good season.

agree with ben as no 1 hes the best in the prem vfm every time totally committed racer

Well what did you really expect in the dead of Winter on a freezing cold night and the majority of the riders only half race fit? You go back to Somerset during the season, and i will gurrantee you, you will see a totally different story, Somerset is one of the best race tracks in the country, where you will see PROPER speedway, And i mean,i Gurrantee you, you will see a totally different story..

is this a money back guarantee :t:

It`s not like you to be sharp on the uptake.... :wink::lol::P

Well i am :P

Ok i missed an A out and put two R's in, whoppy do...

I prefer Goldberg, with an i