British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KN1

Christmas Cracker - Now 8th Feb, 7pm @ Somerset

Getting back on topic I think the track may be raceable for Friday but my fear is the car park and surrounding areas as they are badly flooded at present.

Weather forecast doesn't look promising at all.Currently doubtful that I'll be going based on it that's for sure...http://www.metoffice...bridge#?tab=map. Of course things may change but if the car parks etc are flooded that might well be the deciding factor regardless of how the track is!

Edited by oldswindonsupporter

Dying to go to this, Is there any news from the promotion as to the chances?

I'd also keep an eye on the Rebels site if i was you. Forcast is not great, and they've had plenty of rain in the west..

judging by the amount of rain we are having in Plymouth at the moment, cant see this being on myself, pity as I know a load of us were coming up

Was thinking of coming to Somerset for this but after the weather we've had not even going to risk setting off this time ..

Plenty of rain in the Devon/somerset border. Im sure the promotion will make an early decision to save fans trying to travel.

BSPA Press Release

URGENT SPEEDWAY POSTPONEMENT

FRIDAY DECEMBER 28

CHRISTMAS CRACKER, Somerset - OFF

Re-arranged Friday January 18, 7.30pm

ATB

Dave

Edited by Gambo

Good early call off, shame I won't be able to make the new date, a Saturday would have attracted more travelling fans I would have thought.

I agree. Well done on the early call off but having the re-staging on a Friday evening when everyone is back at work seems like a strange decision. Is it the case that the OTA only has permission to run on Fridays because otherwise, in terms of crowd numbers, surely a weekend date would have been better?

Either way, unfortunately there's no way I will be going to the re-staging. Belting it down to Somerset straight after work on a cold Friday evening for a fix of speedway simply has less appeal than taking a leisurely trip down there on a day off over the Christmas period or going during a weekend and making a bit of a day of it.

I agree. Well done on the early call off but having the re-staging on a Friday evening when everyone is back at work seems like a strange decision. Is it the case that the OTA only has permission to run on Fridays because otherwise, in terms of crowd numbers, surely a weekend date would have been better?

Either way, unfortunately there's no way I will be going to the re-staging. Belting it down to Somerset straight after work on a cold Friday evening for a fix of speedway simply has less appeal than taking a leisurely trip down there on a day off over the Christmas period or going during a weekend and making a bit of a day of it.

Yes, unfortunately the terms of our planning only allow Somerset to run on Friday nights or 6 'off nights' during the year but not on a Saturday or Sunday, nor a Bank Holiday.

And that's all we want!

'We' ?? Don't you mean 'You' ?

For another £1.50 many people (not everyone obviously) want a good read not just a race card

Statman, will the restaging take place with as many of the original line-up as possible?

All the best

Rob

Yes, as far as I know the vast majority of the original field are available for the re-staging date