British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wandersome

Who's Still Available?

Hadn't some bright spark decided it would be a good idea to have a challenge with Edinburgh. I know injuries are part of the Sport and well life but we lost our No1 that night. Had Rymel won heat one that night we'd probably never have even given Charlie a 2nd glance and you can add Ricky and Seb to that list also.

Were very lucky to have Ashworth one wonders what we could have been achieved pre 2012 with his inclusion

not sure mate, assumed he'd know the brick wall has been there since I started attending in 2005, as far as I'm aware everything was honoured in terms what Berwick gave Charlie, I know exactly how much he was paid a point...lets just say he made a mockery of that. Opinion of most Berwick fans is/was lowered his average hoping another team place would become available

Not sure we will ever know the real reasons behind the fall out. Heard so many things its unreal.

Dont see how anyone can make a mockery of being paid per point though... if he is on, say, £80 a point. He turns up and bangs in a 15 point max, thats £1200. And a fully deserved £1200.

If he turns up and scores 2, thats only £160. The one thing about being paid per point is you get paid what you deserve.

You find more riders extracting the urine out of clubs when their on fixed guarantees no matter what they score, yet regulary post returns between 2 and 4 points for a so called number 1.

I refuse to believe Charlie signed for Berwick with the sole intention of dropping his average.

He was on an attractive average anyway, cant remember what but certainly sub 9 and he was highly linked with a move to Newport prior to signing for Berwick, he was at a few meetings in 2010 at the end of the season and its no secret Steve Mallett almost done a deal with him. Mallett decided to go elsewhere with his team building.

For Gjedde to purposely lower his average to join Newport would of meant Mallett building a side with the intention of bombing a rider out at the first opportunity which wasnt the case. To sign Gjedde, along with Doyle and Sedgmen, he had to sack almost half of his side.

No, something went wrong with Gjedde and Berwick after he had ridden his first meeting for them. Thats one thing that is certain.

Not sure we will ever know the real reasons behind the fall out. Heard so many things its unreal.

Dont see how anyone can make a mockery of being paid per point though... if he is on, say, £80 a point. He turns up and bangs in a 15 point max, thats £1200. And a fully deserved £1200.

If he turns up and scores 2, thats only £160. The one thing about being paid per point is you get paid what you deserve.

You find more riders extracting the urine out of clubs when their on fixed guarantees no matter what they score, yet regulary post returns between 2 and 4 points for a so called number 1.

I refuse to believe Charlie signed for Berwick with the sole intention of dropping his average.

He was on an attractive average anyway, cant remember what but certainly sub 9. Most knew he would easily maintain his average at least in the PL. he was highly linked with a move to Newport prior to signing for Berwick, he was at a few meetings in 2010 at the end of the season and its no secret Steve Mallett almost done a deal with him. Mallett decided to go elsewhere with his team building.

For Gjedde to purposely lower his average to join Newport would of meant Mallett building a side with the intention of bombing a rider out at the first opportunity which wasnt the case. To sign Gjedde, along with Doyle and Sedgmen, he had to sack almost half of his side.

No, something went wrong with Gjedde and Berwick after he had ridden his first meeting for them. Thats one thing that is certain.

Lanham cheap?! I'd have a rethink mate.

Lanham lives a few yards from louis front door and the foxhall track, so yes cheap no travelling costs involved and Risager is dating louis daughter, say no more!!!

Lanham lives a few yards from louis front door and the foxhall track, so yes cheap no travelling costs involved

And? This means he rides for peanuts per point does it?

• Like 1

He was on an attractive average anyway, cant remember what but certainly sub 9 and he was highly linked with a move to Newport prior to signing for Berwick, he was at a few meetings in 2010 at the end of the season and its no secret Steve Mallett almost done a deal with him. Mallett decided to go elsewhere with his team building.

yeah he was on a sub 9 average, someone tell me if I'm wrong but 8.86 keeps popping in my head thatcher have been his average, there's 2 sides to every story I suppose the only people who will know are Berwick promotion and Charlie himself

Justin Sedgmen doesn't have a place and has tweeted that it looks like he won't be back in the UK in 2013 even though he wants to.

Justin Sedgmen doesn't have a place and has tweeted that it looks like he won't be back in the UK in 2013 even though he wants to.

His attitude to the PL in 2012 will have put most off him.

• Like 1

Sedgman - the most arrogant up his own ar$e rider known to man! Good riddance

• Like 1

Sedgman - the most arrogant up his own ar$e rider known to man! Good riddance

Really? You and I have obviously met different Justin Sedgmans then.

• Like 2

And? This means he rides for peanuts per point does it?

Didn't you know its been said on this forum cl is one of the big spenders in the premier league :lol: , so if thats the case lanhams point money will be no problem at all but can't imagine he will get good point money anyway.

Craig Cook is due to sign for edinburgh in the next few days

Didn't you know its been said on this forum cl is one of the big spenders in the premier league :lol: , so if thats the case lanhams point money will be no problem at all but can't imagine he will get good point money anyway.

Not my business to say really but am going to anyway... The Malletts had a few good points as well as bad points at Newport and one good point was that they paid their riders good money, hence why after years of seeing the likes of Rajkowski, Collins, Vedel, Nick Simmons to name a few lining up as NUMBER 1 for Newport during the Tim Stone era we suddenly seen the likes of Doyle, Gjedde and Lanham lining up as number 1, riders who would never dream of riding at Newport before the Malletts were on the scene. Although this ultimately could of been the downfall of the club amongst other things!

Unless Lanham has taken a big pay cut then I would imagine he is on a pretty good deal at Ipswich.

Unless Lanham has taken a big pay cut then I would imagine he is on a pretty good deal at Ipswich.

Tell me what do you base your "imagine" on ??? Lanham is nearing 36 or is and his best years are behind him if that is he had any and he goes to cls for chats and tea and biscuits. So as he lived on cls door step he was an obvious cheap option and having a good deal was secondary in any dealings I would guess, more like how many cups of tea and bourbons.

Tell me what do you base your "imagine" on ??? Lanham is nearing 36 or is and his best years are behind him if that is he had any and he goes to cls for chats and tea and biscuits. So as he lived on cls door step he was an obvious cheap option and having a good deal was secondary in any dealings I would guess, more like how many cups of tea and bourbons.

I base my "imagine" on the fact it is very rare a speedway rider takes a substancial pay cut.

So what if Lanham is pally with the Louis family?

Calling a rider a "cheap option" because they live local shows a complete lack of knowledge. Maybe Ward was a cheap option for Lynn in 2009 as he lived in the stadium grounds in a caravan?

I used to defend you when most others slated you and thought your views were correct even if a bit extreme at times but these last few posts of yours really do leave me wondering if you have much knowledge of the speedway world.

• Like 4

I base my "imagine" on the fact it is very rare a speedway rider takes a substancial pay cut.

So what if Lanham is pally with the Louis family?

Calling a rider a "cheap option" because they live local shows a complete lack of knowledge. Maybe Ward was a cheap option for Lynn in 2009 as he lived in the stadium grounds in a caravan?

I used to defend you when most others slated you and thought your views were correct even if a bit extreme at times but these last few posts of yours really do leave me wondering if you have much knowledge of the speedway world.

I don't think Aljack has any knowledge of the world let alone the speedway world.

• Like 2