British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

Anyone got any ideas as to what satellite system I need to receive the Polish channels that show speedway?

Watch it on the net sportefaktey have already said the GP's will be shown on Polish tv I always watch Polish Swedish & Danish league racing every week through out the summer all for nothing so if Sky pull the plug so be it

Cardiff 2011 was the 2nd largest OB that Sky did that year with over 35 cameras used along with 10 3D cameras for that coverage. It was just behind Champions league final from Wembley which was over 65 cameras for world feed and Sky coverage. If the contract for GPs with Sky does not happen I am sure Telegenic who are Sky's current OB facilities partner will be happy to do Cardiff for BSI and would suggest them for the work as excellent state of art equipment and most importantly understand the sport and what's required.

Blazeaway- I presume you have been talking to Mr Arthur and all that can be said talks continue with Matchroom for coverage as it does with BSI for Speedway

Pay for View - you must be kidding. SKY and in my case Virgin are expensive enough as it is. Pay for View for Speedway, and they will lose my custom. I'm not paying for something I am paying too much for already. :angry: :angry:

THEY already offer a USTREAM service for the International market, so it should not be a problem to open that up to the UK.

• Like 1

THEY already offer a USTREAM service for the International market, so it should not be a problem to open that up to the UK.

Yes i was having dinner with Paul Bellamy and his family last week and he confirmed this.

Wow doesn't that make me sound important. i am off now to work out how to make a fake BSPA pass to make me look even more amazing

• Like 1

Yes i was having dinner with Paul Bellamy and his family last week and he confirmed this.

Wow doesn't that make me sound important. i am off now to work out how to make a fake BSPA pass to make me look even more amazing

AMAZING!!!!!

:t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WOW! I can't believe it. Good luck with your pass.

The other day I was on the phone to Havelock and he told me he was going to be the Coventry manager. Amazing.

Edited by SGP

So are there any Sky e-mail addresses or contacts to write to expressing disappointment if GPs aren't going to be televised by Sky ?

Although there is a bit of noise on this forum, couldn't something a bit more vociferous be organised via the Speedway Star for instance?

A few supporters ringing up and cancelling their subscriptions isn't going to amount to much.

A couple of hundred e- mails showing concern and asking a few pertinent questions regarding GP speedway coverage versus other minority sports including viewing figures, costs etc might gain more notice at Sky HQ. (Advice on critical factors to question would be welcomed!).

Myself and a few others wrote emails to Sky Sports and we all had the same response.

Still sounds like talks are ongoing??

Thank you for your email.

The current deal has ended, and I’m afraid we are not in a position at this time to advise what will happen with the coverage next season as the first GP race isn’t until 23rd March.

Regards

Joanne

skysports.com

Edited by stevebrum

Myself and a few others wrote emails to Sky Sports and we all had the same response.

Still sounds like talks are ongoing??

Thank you for your email.

The current deal has ended, and I’m afraid we are not in a position at this time to advise what will happen with the coverage next season as the first GP race isn’t until 23rd March.

Regards

Joanne

skysports.com

I bet you got your e-mail reply faster than if you were waiting on the 'phone to speak to someone. :shock: :shock: :wink::blink:

I'm still going to believe that if Sky don't do the GPs themselves, Eurosport will pick up the contract on a yearly basis. They're doing that new fangled series and seem to be promoting it very well, I can't see why they wouldn't do both.

Even if they do it for one year and it fails, at least we get GPs for another 12 months.

Although all this said, im very very suprised that Sky will not do the British GP as a one off in the series, given its actually in this country... Yes i can understand if they don't want to renew their contract due to cut backs, But they will feel the wrath from speedway fans, and i do feel they would be cutting their nose off to spite their face by not at least showing the British GP.

Edited by Starman2006

Although all this said, im very very suprised that Sky will not do the British GP as a one off in the series, given its actually in this country... Yes i can understand if they don't want to renew their contract due to cut backs, But they will feel the wrath from speedway fans, and i do feel they would be cutting their nose off to spite their face by not at least showing the British GP.

Sky may well relish such an arrangement.

But it would be a very strange negotiating stance on the part of BSI to let them cherry pick in that way.

If Sky cannot agree a deal with BSI surely Mr Bellamy would want to be able to offer exclusive rights to the whole series to a rival operator.

Not the other eleven minus the showpiece event.

Sky may well relish such an arrangement.

But it would be a very strange negotiating stance on the part of BSI to let them cherry pick in that way.

If Sky cannot agree a deal with BSI surely Mr Bellamy would want to be able to offer exclusive rights to the whole series to a rival operator.

Not the other eleven minus the showpiece event.

A very fair point GC.

Surely Cardiff is the last GP BSI would want to televise as a one off? I would have thought with the GP's not available on telly this years Cardiff will be one of the biggest crowds they've had.

It's for a year and then I will do it all over again.

virgin is just as expensive as sky . in the last 18 months every time I get my bill it has gone up a little , if the CEO of sky is worth his salt he will know about the pisspoor service and rising cost of virgin and he'll tell you to jog on .

If you can call them cut backs . the fact is they have wasted so much money on football that other sports have to miss out . I dont see that wasting billions on football will get them any more subscriptions but not showing speedway will cost them quite a few , lets hope it's enough to make them take notice ,