British Speedway Forum
stoneylegend

Top Teams So Far?

I don't see Redcar or Ipswich being up there tbh. Ipswich need to have a lot of improvement behind barker who is class, Redcar I just don't see it to be perfectly honest more bottom end than top end for my money.

Lanham Tungate Heeps and Ellis all up a point should see us right thanks

If every rider everybody thinks will up their average by at least a point, does it, then each match could end with a 60-60 score line in those same 15 Heats. :-) 😜

• Like 1

Lanham Tungate Heeps and Ellis all up a point should see us right thanks

Lanham? No thanks.

Tungate agree could do very well guy is class.

Ellis needs to find his feet, potential. Heeps needs to find consistency home and away to make inroads. Can be done.

Makinen? He adding a point?

Lanham? No thanks.

Ellis needs to find his feet, potential. Heeps needs to find consistency home and away to make inroads. Can be done.

Yeah why not - and Risager as well while we're at it!!

The optimism of the festive period and the effects of the mulled wine! Magical holidays!

The optimism of the festive period and the effects of the mulled wine! Magical holidays!

Ok my true assessment of the Witches.

Barker down to 9.50

Lanham up to 7.50

Risager up to 7.00

Tungate up to 7.25

Makinen about even at 4.75

Heeps up to 5.50

Ellis up to 4.00

Overall very happy with the team and wouldnt swap with who is still available.

Risager will add more than a point. He's going to be challenging Barker to be number 1.

Apparently.

• Like 1

Lanham? No thanks.

Yes - I suppose you could say that the 'Witches' Reserves have HEEPS of potential. :t::rofl: :rofl:

I'll get me coat. :wink:

Yes - I suppose you could say that the 'Witches' Reserves have HEEPS of potential. :t::rofl: :rofl:

I'll get me coat. :wink:

Lol do you write Bruce Forsyths jokes for him mate lol

Lol do you write Bruce Forsyths jokes for him mate lol

'Fraid not - BUT - if you give me a Reference - I will go 'halfies' with you on my earnings. :t::party: :party: :blink:

Ok my true assessment of the Witches.

Barker down to 9.50

Lanham up to 7.50

Risager up to 7.00

Tungate up to 7.25

Makinen about even at 4.75

Heeps up to 5.50

Ellis up to 4.00

Overall very happy with the team and wouldnt swap with who is still available.

Sounds very feasible doesn't it, but when you look at it more closely then it becomes much harder to achieve for any team. Stick 5 points on and it means your average score home and away is 47.5. Unless you have massive home advantage then you have to win an awful lot of away games.

Then comes the REALLY hard part - knocking off the Bonus points. To get the averages your suggesting you need to add at least another 6 in bonuses. That makes your average score about 53.5. Very difficult indeed to keep up.

Not saying Ipswich can't do it, only it's a huge ask for any team. Last year when Richie Worrall, Ludvig Lindgren and Claes Nedermark started banging in the points, Newcastle finished at the head of the table (before the play-offs) but our existing heatleaders averages fell significantly.

It always seems like swings and roundabouts.

Lanham? No thanks.

I'd have loved Lanham at Redcar. As we all know the trick is to find riders who will up their averages, and Lanham is nailed on to do that. His average tumbled this year riding at 1, a position he openly admits he hates. He'll up that average riding at 3 or 4.

I think Ipswich have a few improvers actually in Tungate Heeps and Ellis, all have huge potential. The others are capable of maintaining theirs so that should be enough for top 6 comfortably imo.

As for Redcar, i'm pleased with our side but we must try and get a little more out of Matej Kus. He's one of the most frustrating riders i've seen in a long time. Can look a world beater in one race seeing off the likes of Barker and Doyle, then finish last next time out behind a reserve!

I'm sure he'll improve but I very much doubt he will average over 7 which is a hard average to get when it doesn't include bonus points, he'd have to improve big style away from home.

We'll see:-)

Lol been on the drink already?

Whether it happens or not I have no idea and won't make any predictions, but I'm simple that is what he should be doing - especially if Somerset are to go one better next season.