British Speedway Forum

I concede all that you say in regard to the rider's injury of which I was unaware. Thanks for the comment about 'ludicrous' I have been making them professionally about speedway since late 1952 - and earned quite a 'few bob' and praise over the years.

Have a nice day! :lol:

A ring of Arrogance there! sad really "gustix" i have enjoyed your posts generally but you have to remember there are alot of people on this forum who maybe are not in a professional capacity but they know there speedway.

The comment was made by me in regard to a comment I made regarding Tai Woffinden being unfit and I criticised him for the fact. I took 'not fit' to mean his general physical condition and had no idea it was in reference to an injury he had sustained. I agree it made my comment 'ludicrous' but acted not being fully aware of the facts. I assumed it meant he had not physically trained enough to be for the fNZSGP. I did in fact make an apology on that score.

My subsequent comment in regard to the many years that I have been making 'ludicrous remarks' was meant to be humorous. Again, I simply 'shot myself in the foot.' Far be it for me to be arrogant - people who know me personally and not through BSF writings will doubtless confirm that fact.

Long Season I would suggest.

Wasn't he lucky to even be in the Grand Prix challenge as he was eliminated before that wasn't he ?...so if the challenge hadn't been in England he wouldn't have ridden in the meeting anyway ..and then he didn't actually qualify again from the challenge anyway ?....so he must be the luckiest rider ever to have got a Grand Prix spot and 0 pts isn't going to do much for his confidence..

Sadly I don't think things are going to get much better as his better days have gone I think and he isn't really a GP standard rider these days no matter how he prepares himself.

• Like 1

Im as big a Harris fan as anyone but for some reason the last 3 years hes gone backwards. He was terrible this morning, he just seems to lack the ability to settle, ride a sensible race instead wanting to just try and blast around everyone. Hes 30 now, been racing 15 years and he still want to go for a big blast all the time. Add in the fact his gating is still terrible he'll continue to struggle.

Doesnt mean I wont be shouting at my tele in support of him every 2nd Saturday!

Well you don't see that everyday.

Well done Martin Smolinski.

Not a bad meeting and good commentary from Crumpie and his mate although the bloke seemed to think Jason Bunyan was a New Zealander which was amusing..

Long way to go yet so no big panic for those who didn't do too well.

Hope Darcy is OK.

Bomber was pretty dire and is no replacement for Gollob that's for sure ditto batch for Sayfutdinov and they will be missed this year.

Jason Bunyan did well and in heat one looked like he was going to win a second.

Has to be said those 'numbers' made the whole field look like amateurs and hopefully that silly experiment will wither and die.

Made me laugh when the commentator said that Jason Bunyan had 'chosen' 16.

Edited by pandorum

Thoroughly enjoyable GP and well worth getting up early for.

That final lap of the final race made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Surely the winner is as surprising as Jerzy Szczakiel in the 73 world final

Well done Martin Smolinski - isn't he still a coventry asset ?

Well done Eurosport gb for your part of the coverage. Good to hear Scotty Nichols and his honest observations.

speedway GP makes formula 1 car racing look so boring in comparison !

- must add I hope Darcy not too badly hurt and in the next GP line-up

FInally, domestically my thoughts are with Daryl Ritchings for a speedy recovery - good luck to you kid for your future career in speedway !

• Like 2

Also very interesting in the Eurosport studio commentary when referring to Sayfutdinov and Gollob.

Basically adding fuel to the fire that, as speculated by many, their withdrawal was not for the reasons give.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Bloody Tivo box failed to pick up the series record so had to make do with the highlights, but still enjoyed it nevertheless.

Well chuffed for Smoli, such a nice bloke.

I actually thought his ride in the final was flippin' fantastic. Many riders would have been content to sit there at the back, but Martin was giving it everything and was there when it mattered and the gap opened up. Good move. Glad I never watched it live, if only for health reasons!!

• Like 2

Also very interesting in the Eurosport studio commentary when referring to Sayfutdinov and Gollob.

Basically adding fuel to the fire that, as speculated by many, their withdrawal was not for the reasons give.

Missed that as just saw the highlight prog but to be honest mate only the most naive and trusting would have believed all that pony in the first place.

Well done Eurosport for having the guts to confront the issue.

Missed that as just saw the highlight prog but to be honest mate only the most naive and trusting would have believed all that pony in the first place.

Well done Eurosport for having the guts to confront the issue.

They didn't exactly confront it..

But they brought it up and gave the impression there was more to it than meets the eye.

The comment was made by me in regard to a comment I made regarding Tai Woffinden being unfit and I criticised him for the fact. I took 'not fit' to mean his general physical condition and had no idea it was in reference to an injury he had sustained. I agree it made my comment 'ludicrous' but acted not being fully aware of the facts. I assumed it meant he had not physically trained enough to be for the fNZSGP. I did in fact make an apology on that score.

My subsequent comment in regard to the many years that I have been making 'ludicrous remarks' was meant to be humorous. Again, I simply 'shot myself in the foot.' Far be it for me to be arrogant - people who know me personally and not through BSF writings will doubtless confirm that fact.

Fair play "Gustix" some on here will take the piss out of me but i do opologise.
  • Like 1

Congratulations to Smoli - who would have predicted that - and not just hugging the white line too'

Have I missed the gp replay I looked at the schedule and it says Speedway gp 19:30pm 120mins?

Ha ha ha Harris.

Super Nicki, well done Smolli. Ward an ordinary rider when not on a rocket ship and a shame there's no Emil.

That is all.

Edited by Blazeaway

Very enjoyable meeting, and great to see a new GP winner (might bring the sport up a bit in his home country) - his interview on the rostrum was great. Crowd looked quite healthy, which hopefully is a good sign. Once again "big time speedway" demonstrates that at the very top end of the sport it's just as exciting as any other big sports - long may it continue.

• Like 1

Ha ha ha Harris.

Super Nicki, well done Smolli. Ward an ordinary rider when not on a rocket ship and a shame there's no Emil.

That is all.

why poke fun at a Brit? Ward is anything but ordinary he is an immense talent it's just the usual Poole mob who big him up to better than he is. He doesn't yet quite cut it at these big meetings and boy does he need to learn to stay on the bike! The accidents weren't his fault but he tends to be in the wrong place a lot if the time