British Speedway Forum

why poke fun at a Brit? Ward is anything but ordinary he is an immense talent it's just the usual Poole mob who big him up to better than he is. He doesn't yet quite cut it at these big meetings and boy does he need to learn to stay on the bike! The accidents weren't his fault but he tends to be in the wrong place a lot if the time

Today to be fair Gavan he was in the wrong place most of the time,saying that he would of done well to get out of the semi's he will be back. Lindgren today really impressed me Smolinski was great value well done to him god his aquipment looks quick.

Well you don't see that everyday.

Well done Martin Smolinski.

I can only echo that. No one expected it, but then nor did anyone expect of Tai last year.

Freddie Lindgren has been getting free tickets for years and done very little, let's throw him out as well, in fact lets cut the field to 12 riders and have done with it.

Except making the top 8 the year before last and winning one you mean..................... oh and making another final tonight. :rolleyes:

No excuse at all. Woffinden went to the meeting as the defending champion and should have been at the peak of preparation, both in regard to himself and his racing equipment.

The worst comment i have read this year. It is as if you have never watched Speedway before such is the lack of knowledge.

JesuS bloody wept there is no justice. A guy that wrecks Darcys night then flukes a win.

Terrible

Sour grapes because a Poole rider didn't win the final. I will just go and get you a tissue in case you are still sniveling. :P

• Like 1

A ring of Arrogance there! sad really "gustix" i have enjoyed your posts generally but you have to remember there are alot of people on this forum who maybe are not in a professional capacity but they know there speedway.

The comment was made by me in regard to a comment I made regarding Tai Woffinden being unfit and I criticised him for the fact. I took 'not fit' to mean his general physical condition and had no idea it was in reference to an injury he had sustained. I agree it made my comment 'ludicrous' but acted not being fully aware of the facts. I assumed it meant he had not physically trained enough to be for the fNZSGP. I did in fact make an apology on that score.

My subsequent comment in regard to the many years that I have been making 'ludicrous remarks' was meant to be humorous. Again, I simply 'shot myself in the foot.' Far be it for me to be arrogant - people who know me personally and not through BSF writings will doubtless confirm that fact.

I can only echo that. No one expected it, but then nor did anyone expect of Tai last year.

Except making the top 8 the year before last and winning one you mean..................... oh and making another final tonight. :rolleyes:

The worst comment i have read this year. It is as if you have never watched Speedway before such is the lack of knowledge.

Sour grapes because a Poole rider didn't win the final. I will just go and get you a tissue in case you are still sniveling. :P

Stevebrum: As you will see the comment re Tai Woffinden was dealt with by a series or repliess well before you arrived on the scene. You will note that I conceded I made a mistake! As I said, I had no idea that Woffinden was injured prior to the GP otherwise I would not have made my original remark. If you do a complete feedback you will get a clearer definition of what went on.

Edited by Guest

Stevebrum: As you will see the comment re Tai Woffinden was dealt with by a series or comments well before you arrived on the scene. You will note that I conceded I made a mistake! As I said, I had no idea that Woffinden was injured prior to the GP otherwise I would not have made my original remark. If you do a complete feedback you will get a clearer definition of what went on.

Fair comment. I take it back. :t:

""manchesterpaul, on 05 Apr 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:
Eh? fluked a win? Terrible?
Nah! LOL WHAT A FANTASTIC SPORT!
LOL WHAT A FANTASTIC SPORT!"

fluked a win? get a grip wont the final through sheer hard work....

Rob i presume you messed up when you were trying to paste/use quotes? The above makes it look like i said he fluked a win! I thought Smolinski had a hard earned win and a great performance.

It was 'Steve Shovlar' who claimed it was a fluke.

JesuS bloody wept there is no justice. A guy that wrecks Darcys night then flukes a win.

Terrible

I think most of us thought Smoli was there to make up the numbers, me included, well he has proved us doubters all wrong :D . I dont mind saying he thouroughly deserved his win, and it will be a great boost for Speedway in Germany, and an added boost for the GP,s. Well done Martin Smolinski you have proven that dedication can win through in the end, and that nice guys can win. smoli,smoli,smoli. :t:

Very enjoyable meeting, and great to see a new GP winner (might bring the sport up a bit in his home country) - his interview on the rostrum was great. Crowd looked quite healthy, which hopefully is a good sign. Once again "big time speedway" demonstrates that at the very top end of the sport it's just as exciting as any other big sports - long may it continue.

Only thing is, as was mentioned towards the start of the thread and a couple of times since, German TV are not showing the SGP this year OUCH.

Stevebrum: As you will see the comment re Tai Woffinden was dealt with by a series or comments well before you arrived on the scene. You will note that I conceded I made a mistake! As I said, I had no idea that Woffinden was injured prior to the GP otherwise I would not have made my original remark. If you do a complete feedback you will get a clearer definition of what went on.

Just proves you know absolutely nothing about his preparation. Do your research before you think without your brain hiding behind your little laptop or whatever device you spill

This has all been previously answered - try going back over a few previous messages. I have said I was wrong. What more do you want me to concede?

Hi guys. Just to say that for an oldie who doesn't see much speedway these days it was a teriffic night out with some good match ups and a fantastic Final. Wow, who would have picked it. I thought Nicky had it sewn up . Great entertainment and all around me on the first bend the crowd seemed to be really enjoying themselves. I was disappointed in local media coverage. A few adverts, a couple of interview articles and I saw one piece on a TV news item a couple of days before the event. On Friday evening sports news on TV1 there was not one mention of the event. This morning's Sunday Star times I had to turn to page 10 in the sports section to find a report of last nights action and then only about a quarter page. I haven't heard the crowd numbers yet but it will be interesting. I thought it looked bigger than last year but how much I am not sure. The promoter Bill Buckley, made it very clear that it had to be a decent crowd this year to even think about extending his deal. Cheers.

Really enjoyed the coverage-thought Tapp and Crumpy were excellent-although more than Happy to have Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tatum in the remaining 11 rounds.Also thought Scott and his sidekick were good(and funny !) Eurosport it seems will be pushing the boat out when the series returns to Europe with Sophie,joining Scott and sidekick at the track.

I'd sooner have Crump and Tapp for the rest of the series, at least they are not biased like Pearson. Lets also have a bit more of Scott as well

I'd sooner have Crump and Tapp for the rest of the series, at least they are not biased like Pearson. Lets also have a bit more of Scott as well

I enjoyed Crumpy's input to the commentary but dislike Tapp's style immensely. I will be looking forward to the return of Nigel at the next round!

Weeee! initial glance at the crowd very good.

.... reckn the crowd only on par with last year.....

That's surprising to me i was sure there were lots of open spaces last year and i had thought it was visibly larger this time around, but i'm only viewing on tv. I was on a high thinking that it was a great crowd and some good racing and glad that Buckley was getting some good fortune.

Crowd if I had to estimate maybe 10k. Certainly well down on tge first one.

'waihekeaces1' I find it hard to disagree with someone who was there when i was only watching on TV but are you sure it was only on a par with last year???

I've just had a good old Google for news reports of the meeting. Taking into account syndication there are quite a few reports quoting a 'packed' crowd and some a 'capacity' crowd. Although the latter i doubt as there were clearly spaces, i think at the top of the temporary stand and, if spectators are allowed to stand there, on a sloping grassy section. A lot of sources are clear in saying it was a larger crowd than last year.

No I could well be wrong. But it definitely wasnt capacity, packed would be stretching things. I am certain it was down on 2012. It could well have been up on last year, but im pretty confident it was closer to 2013 than 2012. I hope im wrong and there were enough to justify a return .

I loved some of the comments that David Tapp made, full of Aussie humour and I would love to hear more from him on other GP's. Very well done to Smoli too an amazing come back in the final.

• Like 1

Terrible

Remember Ward laying his bike down in heat 15 against Wolves last season to get a re-run? No justice, only when it suits you.
  • Like 3