British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Tomas Topinka Farewell, Norfolk Arena, March 8th

Nicki Pedersen is the first rider confirmed http://www.speedwayg...hp?extend.18853

Line Ups:

Nicki Pedersen

Andreas Jonnson

Tai Woffinden

Olly Allen

Troy Batchelor

Kevin Doolan

Simon Lambert

Niels K Iversen

Rory Schlein

Mads Korneliussen

Nicolai Klindt

Simon Stead

Sebastian Alden

Kozza Smith

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

I really hope he gets a good crowd to see him go, He deserves it, I will certainly be there

• Like 1

Looking forward to it.

Coming up from the wilds of Wiltshire for this one. Tomas has been a positive role model for speedway, just sad he's retired. Stars v Monarchs in 2009 was the first speedway meeting I had ever been to and I've loved it ever since.

Edited by RumOldBird
  • Like 1

I would of thought some more names would of been announced by now for this meeting. Top rider and superb team man lead us to our greatest days in kingslynn's history and he deserves a real good line up

• Like 1

Easy tiger, its only the middle of January!

Glad to see Topinka finally having a farewell meeting. Really think one should've been held last year, but I imagine what with him managing Prague in the Czech Extraliga, he may not have had a chance to think about it. I hope a few more big names are added as he deserves a big send off into his retirement. I am expecting a few ex team mates to be lined up though i.e Kevin Doolan, Olly Allen, maybe Daniel Nermark etc seeing as he raced with them for a time.

• Like 2

Is Bohumil Brhel still riding? Or has he packed it in now? I seem to recall he had a bad injury a few years back.

Long since packed up I believe mate, I seem to recall he was mentoring Kus a few years ago in the SWC or something. Would be great if he could come over for the meeting, like Tom he's a club legend and anyone who went to Lynn in the 90's will remember him fondly.

• Like 1

Ah well, will have to get Darcy in then. Tomas did teach him everything he knows after all.

• Like 3

Ah well, will have to get Darcy in then. Tomas did teach him everything he knows after all.

Great to see Tomas getting his deserved meeting but would have expected it after opening Ben Meeting which is normally first in season? Or am I mistaken?

I seem to recall at the supporter's gathering in December it was said they wanted the Topinka meeting as early as possible for whatever reason and Friday 8th was the earliest they were allowed.

Perhaps the idea was to tie in with the Danes being in town? Not sure why the first two meetings aren't on Wednesdays but I guess the Fridays 15th & 22nd were out of the question for this meeting due to the Brandonapolis and the first GP.

Edited by Bagpuss

Fridays are better surely? I'd like to see our Czechmates together again at the meeting :)

Fridays are better for families with no school the next day and for a lot of people its payday so certainly makes sense.