British Speedway Forum
Soul Crew

2013 Admission Prices

Can anyone provide admission details for there clubs for the forthcoming 2013 season?

I know Dudley have put a pound on there prices, so they are now £11 for adults, Wolves and Birmingham still show 2012 prices/

Eastbourne

Adults £17

Concessions £15

Child 6-15 £6 ( £3 with Argus voucher )

under 6 free

Parking £1

Can anyone provide admission details for there clubs for the forthcoming 2013 season?

I know Dudley have put a pound on there prices, so they are now £11 for adults, Wolves and Birmingham still show 2012 prices/

Its always disappointing to see clubs simply put up admission prices, in the case of Dudley this is a 10% increase which in todays climate is ridiculous.

Rather than just bumping up prices and ensuring their loyal fans supplement their profitability would 'promoters' not be better off PROMOTING and find new revenue fot their club rather than piling any costs they chosen to increase onto their loyal fans. I realise that new revenue is not easy to bring in, and therefore the way to increase profits/reduce losses is to reduce your costs, NOT to put up prices

Not having a pop at Dudley here because they are not alone for sure but this is lazy promoting. Speedway is in a strange position where is has a captive audience in that there are some loyal fans that will always go regardless of prices (within reason) but also there is a very competitive side in that its competing with other leisure activities for people's leisure expenditure. Simply sticking 2 fingers up at the loyal captive fans is the wrong way of going about covering additional costs/generateing profit in my opinion

Its happened for years though, why should it change

And I haven't mentioned charging for parking, that is an even bigger scandal especially at stadiums where the only realistic way of getting to them is by car (Eastbourne and Peterborough are prime examples)

Edited by Chris Brown
  • Like 3

Its always disappointing to see clubs simply put up admission prices, in the case of Dudley this is a 10% increase which in todays climate is ridiculous.

Rather than just bumping up prices and ensuring their loyal fans supplement their profitability would 'promoters' not be better off PROMOTING and find new revenue fot their club rather than piling any costs they chosen to increase onto their loyal fans. I realise that new revenue is not easy to bring in, and therefore the way to increase profits/reduce losses is to reduce your costs, NOT to put up prices

Not having a pop at Dudley here because they are not alone for sure but this is lazy promoting. Speedway is in a strange position where is has a captive audience in that there are some loyal fans that will always go regardless of prices (within reason) but also there is a very competitive side in that its competing with other leisure activities for people's leisure expenditure. Simply sticking 2 fingers up at the loyal captive fans is the wrong way of going about covering additional costs/generateing profit in my opinion

Its happened for years though, why should it change

And I haven't mentioned charging for parking, that is an even bigger scandal especially at stadiums where the only realistic way of getting to them is by car (Eastbourne and Peterborough are prime examples)

I'd like to see clubs reduce the size and cost of programs - I don't need a 32 page glossy staked full of adverts for 3 quid - whats more pens don't always like glossy pages! I want an official race card/program I can write on, no more than 8 pages and I'd like it for a quid! If the track has got a lot of advertising make it bigger but don't charge me! :wink:

Coventry have kept their prices the same for this year....

2013 EL ADMISSION PRICES (Coventry team fixtures)

ADULT £17

OAP/CONCESSIONS £13

CHILDREN (UNDER 16) £5

CHILDREN (UNDER 11) FREE

Don't know about the NL prices yet :)

Poole

£17 - Adults (first increase in 3 years)

£14 - OAPs/Concessions

£4 - Children 5-15 years

Free - Child under 5

£38 - Family ticket (2 Adults/2 Kids)

Programme £3

Stadium parking £1-50 (Goes to stadium owners not Speedway Promoter!)

Berwick

Adults £12

OAPs £10

Accompanied Child free

Unaccompanied Child £5

Parking free

Season Tickets

Adult £160

OAPs £132

Berwick

Adults £12

OAPs £10

Accompanied Child free

Unaccompanied Child £5

Parking free

Season Tickets

Adult £160

OAPs £132

That's pretty good value :t:

Well done to the Berwick Promotion.

• Like 3

Poole

Stadium parking £1-50 (Goes to stadium owners not Speedway Promoter!)

But that revenue is only been given away to offset a cheaper rent. I say pay the extra rent to compensate the stadiumn owner and givem parking for free

Easy for me to say I realise but given the fans something back rather than always charge them more. I am right in thinking that a Poole season ticket saves you not a single penny of normal admission prices ?

seventeen quid to watch a sport that even for its biggest event in cardiff cannot get 0.1% of the population to attend...

truly, truly crackers these promoters...

me, the wife and two kids (14 and 10) paid twenty three quid at the local cinema last thursday evening...

the cheapest track so far mentioned in the EL would charge me thirty eight for a family ticket with the rest charging me over Forty?? :shock:

the cinema also is covered, you can clearly see the action and hear what is being said, it has a free car park and the 'participants' advertised as being there actually show up!!!

wonder why speedway is in decline.... :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 3

But that revenue is only been given away to offset a cheaper rent. I say pay the extra rent to compensate the stadiumn owner and givem parking for free

Easy for me to say I realise but given the fans something back rather than always charge them more. I am right in thinking that a Poole season ticket saves you not a single penny of normal admission prices ?

The season pass is £239 for 15 meetings - a saving of around £1 per meeting plus you get 10% of merchandise and a permanent seat in the Granstand, if you wish.

The stadium charge for parking whatever the activity! Following your argument, why not double the rent and take all the bar/restaurant revenue too??! In fact why bother having a landlord at all??

Edited by Skidder

The season pass is £239 for 15 meetings - a saving of around £1 per meeting plus you get 10% of merchandise and a permanent seat in the Granstand, if you wish.

The stadium charge for parking whatever the activity! Following your argument, why not double the rent and take all the bar/restaurant revenue too??! In fact why bother having a landlord at all??

Isn't it Poole Council that charge for the car park??

The costs are far to high. If you go to poole on a family ticket thats £42.50. If you have a bite to eat or drink with the kids that gona be around £60 all in. Now if you go weekly thats around £240 plus fuel a month. there is a lot better around for far less cash and you dont have to stand up or sit on a dusty dirty seat with terrible toilets. Not just saying about poole as covers pretty much all tracks.

you could even buy a new car for that or pays your mortgage. i think time has moved on and people want more for their money and good value which speedway is not anymore. i am quite lucky as dont really care about the cost but for the average working bloke which is the client of speedway its to expensive.

• Like 3