British Speedway Forum
Soul Crew

2013 Admission Prices

Just for accuracy - the Poole family ticket is £38 in 2013. You don't have to stand up or sit in the open grandstand, you can sit/stand in the 'new' restaurant/stand - and with decent toilets!!

Having said all that, I do agree its the 'value-for-money' that will keep people coming back or not!!? Maybe its the price of watching the top 2 EL riders every week?!

Alternatively - and I reckon this might happen in 2014 if no Sky - One big league with no 'top' stars and better control of some costs! However, would the sponsorship still be there in the same quantity?!

Just for accuracy - the Poole family ticket is £38 in 2013. You don't have to stand up or sit in the open grandstand, you can sit/stand in the 'new' restaurant/stand - and with decent toilets!!

Having said all that, I do agree its the 'value-for-money' that will keep people coming back or not!!? Maybe its the price of watching the top 2 EL riders every week?!

Alternatively - and I reckon this might happen in 2014 if no Sky - One big league with no 'top' stars and better control of some costs! However, would the sponsorship still be there in the same quantity?!

just for accuracy i have added car park and programme for the 42.50. Who wants to sit inside as not the same and yes the toilets are a bit better. even with the two top riders still very poor value for money so why should the fans have to pay for matts wishes. very weak team again with the top two and a good chance there lose again with them. any way back to topic,still to expensive, when sky goes end of year what will prices be then ? £22.00 !

forgot to say NEW, was many years ago.

Edited by The Know

The season pass is £239 for 15 meetings - a saving of around £1 per meeting plus you get 10% of merchandise and a permanent seat in the Granstand, if you wish.

The stadium charge for parking whatever the activity! Following your argument, why not double the rent and take all the bar/restaurant revenue too??! In fact why bother having a landlord at all??

Well you can take it to the extreme if you wish but it is an option. Lets say 500 cars park each week and pay £1, I am sure that Stadia UK would accept lets say £300 a week additional rent and forgoe the car parking hassle. Just making it as a suggestion rather than the excuse for parking charges being that it goes to the stadium owners. There are ways around that. Your bar suggestion is just being stupid and is a completely different scenario

Good to hear the season ticket saves ou, Shovvy always said you saved nothing but got your seat in the grandstand...............which costs the promoter nothing. There should be a benefit of a season ticket

As a comparison though of saving £1 per meeting by stumping money up for months in advance, my Oxford United season ticket costs me £240, each game is £17, so I get each game for £10.50, for me that is the sort of saving you should be getting for committing money up front rather than a 6% saving, it costs more to borrow the money than 6%

Just an opinion of what is good and bad value

The point The Know is making is sound though, its simply too expensive for a family to go every week and getting them into a habit of going by stumping up for a season ticket would need more than a £1 saving, miss one meeting due to holiday and you have lost money on the season

just for accuracy i have added car park and programme for the 42.50. Who wants to sit inside as not the same and yes the toilets are a bit better. even with the two top riders still very poor value for money so why should the fans have to pay for matts wishes. very weak team again with the top two and a good chance there lose again with them. any way back to topic,still to expensive, when sky goes end of year what will prices be then ? £22.00 !

forgot to say NEW, was many years ago.

Exactly when each club loses its SKY money what will its response be. Will it be to go out and find new revenue, will it be to cut its rider costs to fit a budget or will it be to put the price up £2, increase the price of a programme and develop some sort of raffle or 100 club to fleece the fans further

I suspect we all know the answer

Edited by Chris Brown
  • Like 1

As a comparison though of saving £1 per meeting by stumping money up for months in advance, my Oxford United season ticket costs me £240, each game is £17, so I get each game for £10.50, for me that is the sort of saving you should be getting for committing money up front rather than a 6% saving, it costs more to borrow the money than 6%

That's about £240 too much then... :t:

Seriously though, you make a very valid point.

Well you can take it to the extreme if you wish but it is an option. Lets say 500 cars park each week and pay £1, I am sure that Stadia UK would accept lets say £300 a week additional rent and forgoe the car parking hassle. Just making it as a suggestion rather than the excuse for parking charges being that it goes to the stadium owners. There are ways around that. Your bar suggestion is just being stupid and is a completely different scenario

Good to hear the season ticket saves ou, Shovvy always said you saved nothing but got your seat in the grandstand...............which costs the promoter nothing. There should be a benefit of a season ticket

Just an opinion of what is good and bad value

The point The Know is making is sound though, its simply too expensive for a family to go every week and getting them into a habit of going by stumping up for a season ticket would need more than a £1 saving, miss one meeting due to holiday and you have lost money on the season

Exactly when each club loses its SKY money what will its response be. Will it be to go out and find new revenue, will it be to cut its rider costs to fit a budget or will it be to put the price up £2, increase the price of a programme and develop some sort of raffle or 100 club to fleece the fans further

I suspect we all know the answer

I wasn't trying to justify the value for money argument from a Poole perspective, just trying to be accurate for comparison purposes. As much as everyone will have their preferences as to whether they still want to attend, they will also have their preferred viewing position, whether to purchase a programme or whether to park in the stadium car park?!

In fact, although it would be a shame not to see Chris and Darcy on a regular basis, I've long said that I believe the sport will have to take at least a couple of steps back before it has any chance of really flourishing again! (The National League team(s) and attendances in the mid/late 80's were some of the best racing and atmosphere I've experienced.) As I stated in the post, if Sky do not continue I could see a strong argument for having just one league with North and South divisions, operating at roughly PL level, with hopefully some form of standardised engines.

However thats a much bigger talking point and not what the thread is about!

• Like 1

Might not be a bad thing. Not sure there'd be a significant loss of sponsorship as those who put the money up often do so because they love the sport or want to support a local team.

Might not be a bad thing. Not sure there'd be a significant loss of sponsorship as those who put the money up often do so because they love the sport or want to support a local team.

incorrect, this type of sponsor is fast disappearing as there love of the sport has been ruined and we all know by who.

In which case I think you'd be surprised. A lot of Elite League club sponsorship would go if Sky go.

Coventry have kept their prices the same for this year....

2013 EL ADMISSION PRICES (Coventry team fixtures)

ADULT £17

OAP/CONCESSIONS £13

CHILDREN (UNDER 16) £5

CHILDREN (UNDER 11) FREE

Don't know about the NL prices yet :)

Now we do.

NATIONAL LEAGUE ADMISSION

ADULTS £10

CHILDREN (UNDER-16) FREE

COVENTRY Speedway can confirm their admission price structure for National League racing at Brandon.

NL meetings are to be run mainly on the Fridays of Grand Prix weekends to develop young talent for the club and maintain continuity of home racing at what is hoped will be an affordable level for supporters.

Coventry have opted for a positive, simple structure with all adult admission (16 and over) set at £10, and all children (under 16) being FREE of charge. There will be no season tickets in this, our first season racing at NL level.

We hope this structure will prove to be family-friendly and supporters will take the opportunity to back the Storm team in what is a hugely entertaining level of racing.

Coventry Storm start their campaign with the first leg of the Travel Plus Trophy at home to Dudley on Friday March 22, with the full fixture list to be confirmed.

• Like 1

Rye House admission held at 2012 prices

Adults: £16.00

Concessions: £14.00

Children (aged 12-16): £5.00

Children (under 12): FREE

Still no family ticket. Family of four (with teenage children) would pay £42

On the plus side parking is free, just watch your suspension when going down the many craters. A moon buggy will do the job perfectly if you can get hold of one.

Birmingham Brummies:

OAPs, Students (on producing of I.D. cards), Disabled: £12.00

Juniors;(aged 14- 17 incl): £5.00

Children (13 and under): FREE (When accompanied by a full paying adult)

Programmes: £2.50

Cheapest in the EL possibly?

Edited by uk martin
  • Like 1

Rye House admission held at 2012 prices

Concessions: £14.00

Children (aged 12-16): £5.00

Children (under 12): FREE

Still no family ticket. Family of four (with teenage children) would pay £42

On the plus side parking is free, just watch your suspension when going down the many craters. A moon buggy will do the job perfectly if you can get hold of one.

the car park at rye shads is based on the original version that uncle len used at rayleigh. i remember my old man blowing a gasket when his precious s type jag dissapeared down the numerous pot holes at the weir. there is nothing like nostalgia!