British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
high edge

Get Rules Sorted

I realy hope the National league start to stick up for the riders who sign for them,by changing the rules that prevents some from guesting for Premire teams.At least six riders cast aside by the Premire league for non britts,[at least half the reserves in the Premire league are forign whitch to me should never be allowed to happen ],can guest when the Premire league promoters come snieding around because the new forign import goes missing or hurt himself or turns out to be a duffer.why should the team who signed a rider rejected by the Premire league suffer just because a Premire team now need them.The rule allow the likes off NIck Morris Craig Cook Josh Auty ect be allowed to ride in two leagues and yet the National league men cant how are they supposed to make speedway pay. Its always the National team who are treated like crap by the rules why should any team loose a top rider just because a Premire team suddenly wants him,if he was signed to the National team at the start of the season he should be allowed to stay there and if a Premire team wants to use him they can but his National league meetings take priority.And the rider should then stay with his Natioal League club who have to think of there supporters just like any team no matter what league they are in.i am realy cheesed off that after twenty years the National league is still being treated like second class citizens come on National league promoters and bosses show some balls and stick up for yourselfs lets not be pushed around any more,because i for one am pissed off by it ,we are not a training league anymore thats what the develoment leagues are for, we have outgrown that we have to make the job pay just like the other two leagues.,Stand alone clubs need to hold on to there top men all season not just untill the Premire teams needs them they did not want them in the first place so just let any riders from National league guest thats all is needed.Just leave our teams alone.

• Like 1

I realy hope the National league start to stick up for the riders who sign for them,by changing the rules that prevents some from guesting for Premire teams.At least six riders cast aside by the Premire league for non britts,[at least half the reserves in the Premire league are forign whitch to me should never be allowed to happen ],can guest when the Premire league promoters come snieding around because the new forign import goes missing or hurt himself or turns out to be a duffer.why should the team who signed a rider rejected by the Premire league suffer just because a Premire team now need them.The rule allow the likes off NIck Morris Craig Cook Josh Auty ect be allowed to ride in two leagues and yet the National league men cant how are they supposed to make speedway pay. Its always the National team who are treated like crap by the rules why should any team loose a top rider just because a Premire team suddenly wants him,if he was signed to the National team at the start of the season he should be allowed to stay there and if a Premire team wants to use him they can but his National league meetings take priority.And the rider should then stay with his Natioal League club who have to think of there supporters just like any team no matter what league they are in.i am realy cheesed off that after twenty years the National league is still being treated like second class citizens come on National league promoters and bosses show some balls and stick up for yourselfs lets not be pushed around any more,because i for one am pissed off by it ,we are not a training league anymore thats what the develoment leagues are for, we have outgrown that we have to make the job pay just like the other two leagues.,Stand alone clubs need to hold on to there top men all season not just untill the Premire teams needs them they did not want them in the first place so just let any riders from National league guest thats all is needed.Just leave our teams alone.

The general idea is that riders are encouraged to better themselves and make progress, the National league was only ever meant to be a stepping stone. Sorry to be pedantic, but learn to spell or use a spell checker, I very nearly needed an interpreter to read your post.

You need to get in the real world regarding NL speedway and making money.

I should add that I agree with lessening the number of foreigners in ALL our leagues and I notice that other countries seem to be working towards that. But sorry, I don't agree with your idea. What about clubs with teams in two leagues? That would mean they can't bring in their own riders in event of an injury or absence. Quite a number of National league riders are only on loan to National league clubs anyway.

The general idea is that riders are encouraged to better themselves and make progress, the National league was only ever meant to be a stepping stone.

And that view is an insult to every paying fan that attends NL. Its speedway its about winning and its why fans follow teams . They want their team to win. It does provide riders with a stepping stone by it nature but say its just that and its just training and people wont go . Its a 3rd division . The start of the british rider issues are not in the national league ,its when they move up . The spaces are given to untried foriegners and some of them are not up to it but are given the chance over a british rider and it shouldnt be allowed. But there is also is a issue with some of the young british riders who suffer from "big sign written van syndrome" and think they are superstars and because they have speedway rider writ on the van they think they should have a premier place

• Like 5

And that view is an insult to every paying fan that attends NL. Its speedway its about winning and its why fans follow teams . They want their team to win. It does provide riders with a stepping stone by it nature but say its just that and its just training and people wont go . Its a 3rd division . The start of the british rider issues are not in the national league ,its when they move up . The spaces are given to untried foriegners and some of them are not up to it but are given the chance over a british rider and it shouldnt be allowed. But there is also is a issue with some of the young british riders who suffer from "big sign written van syndrome" and think they are superstars and because they have speedway rider writ on the van they think they should have a premier place

Some might say (and I've heard them) that the real "insult" was allowing such as you to ride in it so long, but I do recognise your contribution to younger and less experienced riders. I did also agree that too many overseas riders are riding here, but I still see the National league as I described it.

Some might say (and I've heard them) that the real "insult" was allowing such as you to ride in it so long,

Thats a fair point and im not going to defend it cause my reply will only be a biased one

• Like 3

I thought that when a PL reserve rider was unavailable for whatever reason then a guest from the NL was used?

I saw this happen last season many times!

Personnally PL teams should be made to include 2 British riders at reserve and a minimum of 3 Brits per team.

I know theres many riders in the NL who won't go any further but these riders are still better than promoting a 2nd half nowhere near good enough to get into the team. At Mildenhall where most of my NL spectating is at, the Fen Tigers have a rider who fits into this category Dan Halsey. Dans still a decent entertaining rider and theres no one in the 2nd halfs whos anywhere near his standard or even good enough to get a reserve postion. Dean Felton the regular contributor to this forum is another who falls into this category but I'm sure hes provided much entertainment and passed on a lot of knowledge top younger riders who've used it to their advantage!

Please remember that any rider who shows promise in 2nd halfs and/or the junior Leagues will get a chance in a NL team sooner rather than later!

Edited by 25yearfan

Is the PL not a training league for the EL and the EL a training league for National team and National team for GP. It's the law of development world champs that have reached their pinicle the rest are just pure learners. Sorry got my teaching head on now.

I thought that when a PL reserve rider was unavailable for whatever reason then a guest from the NL was used?

I saw this happen last season many times!

I believe it depends on the standard of the reserve. Anyhow dipping in and out is no good for development

was told today that the national league is subsidised by the premier and elete league and the referees,so would have to pay full fees to have any clout

F,oamfence you dont realy know what is going one of the problems and reasons riders stay in the National league is the Premire teams signing non britts and causing a block for any riders moving up.Iknow some riders have moved up but more could if Premire teams were made to sign only riders from the National league at reserve.The National league need to maintain a good team that can provide racing above the standard off a practice meeting.They have to provide supporters with a product thats worth the 10 or 12 pounds entrance fees.Six out of the eight teams in the National are stand alone clubs and to continue to survive they need to attract fans through the gate and must have teams of riders who can race not wobble round,that is why they must be allowed to hold onto there riders. [hope my spelling meets your approval]

F,oamfence you dont realy know what is going one of the problems and reasons riders stay in the National league is the Premire teams signing non britts and causing a block for any riders moving up.Iknow some riders have moved up but more could if Premire teams were made to sign only riders from the National league at reserve.The National league need to maintain a good team that can provide racing above the standard off a practice meeting.They have to provide supporters with a product thats worth the 10 or 12 pounds entrance fees.Six out of the eight teams in the National are stand alone clubs and to continue to survive they need to attract fans through the gate and must have teams of riders who can race not wobble round,that is why they must be allowed to hold onto there riders. [hope my spelling meets your approval]

Firstly, your spelling is still awful, but I'll manage.

Secondly, you have absolutely no idea who I am, so it is extremely assuming of you to claim that I don't know what's going on.

Changing rules at the NL conference won't address the problems that you mention, I would like to see less overseas riders in EVERY league, but only the promoters in the other leagues can bring that about, I would be as pleased as you if two NL riders were taking up the reserve places in the PL, and it would also seem sensible to me that the reserves (at least) in the EL were PL riders. I will never see the NL as anything other than a development league, that is what it was originally intended to be, I think riders in the NL should be allowed every opportunity to test themselves in a higher (and better paid) league, be it as a guest or as a contracted rider. Many NL riders are already contracted to higher league clubs and should be able to be recalled for one meeting or any number that they are required for. We have to agree to disagree on some points, I do understand your concerns about crowd levels, to be honest I don't know how many clubs in all three leagues are keeping going, It's embarrassing when you watch meetings on SKY and the stadiums are virtually empty of spectators.

• Like 1

The NL should be a stepping stone for both riders and clubs alike to hopefully move PL,at the moment it used for stepping back from PL to Nl for both rider and clubs alike!!!

League being down to one Double up team tells it own story i guess

• Like 1

The nl is and had always been a stepping stone for riders but the main focus has got to be entertainment for the paying public. Without the paying public there is no speedway for young riders to progress to