British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Help Required Re:swedish Gp

Hi all im looking to book some flights and accomodation for the the 2013 swedish gp weekend . Has or is anyone been or going as would like a bit of help in selecting the best ticket for the gp. I have found a flight for £56 return from stanstead if anyone is intrested anyway any info would be much appreciated . By the way were 30 and 31 and eye sight is fine so that need not be a issue lol. Lucking forward to hearing off you thanks in advance...

I assume you are talking Gothenburg not Stockholm ? Been to Gothenburg GP several times. The back straight lower tier is a good place to sit and i have also sat home straight entry to the first bend which is also good viewing.Last time i went i stayed at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia hotel which is right near the bus and train station-handy for the bus to and from the airport and 10 mins walk to Ullevi.

• Like 1

If you are on about Gothenburg then I stayed at First G hotel which is right next to the bus station and a 10 minute walk from stadium. Get the Flygbussarna bus from the airport and it will drop you at the bus station, right outside the hotel and just as easy to get back to the airport. You can book a return bus ticket in advance from the Flygbussarna website.

I just got the cheapest GP tickets, I had a perfect view of the rain coming down :D

• Like 1

Dont go, nearly always rains. Great city and lots to do if you go further out. Tickets always avail as never even half full. I take a taxi from aiport and back, not to dear.

Hi folks im booking to go Friday arrive midday and return on Monday 2000 so will have a bit of time for site seeing...The airport were flying into is Gothenburg City which i believe used to be called Save ...Thanks all your input so far .Have also heard its very expensive once you get there..

The stadium is only about 500 metres from the town centre and the trams stop right outside the Ullevi stadium. 2008 and 2009 the weather was glorious ,in the region of 28C(82F) They normally have a special lunch at a restuarant in the main square for Speedway fans on the day of the GP. The name escapes me but it is the largest one in the square (It used to be a theatre) A three course meat is about £16.00 including wine, beer or sort drink It lasts about 2 hours and we had talks from Olle Nygren ,Bengt Jannson and a Swedish Ice Racer. An excellent afternoon full of speedway people No problem booking tickets as it will only be about one quarter full. Viewing is good from all parts of the stadium. Go to lunch at the Ullevi on Friday then watch the practice afterwards

• Like 1

Hi folks im booking to go Friday arrive midday and return on Monday 2000 so will have a bit of time for site seeing...The airport were flying into is Gothenburg City which i believe used to be called Save ...Thanks all your input so far .Have also heard its very expensive once you get there..

While you are there 2 things i would recommend

1st http://www.stromma.se/en/GOTEBORG/Tours/Paddan/Boat-Tours/Paddan-Roundtour/

2nd http://www.liseberg.com/en/home/

Been to Swedish GP in Gothenburg twice and on both occasions stayed at First Hotel G. Airport bus drops you straight off next door to the hotel and its also just over the road from the shopping centre so everything close to hand. Ullevi is about 10 mins walk away and city centre restaurants like Hard Rock etc again 10 mins walk.

As for seating at Ullevi I had seats just off turn 4 and they had a great view and for practice watched from 2nd turn which was as good a view, don't think really there is a bad seat in the stadium unless it rains :-)