British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Irk Deflector

24th August 2013 Gp Challenge @ Poole

These are normally pretty accurate http://www.xcweather.../forecast/poole

Yeah xcweather can be good indeed.

Wunderground isn't always that up-to-date if you hit it at the wrong time and isn't as accurate down to small areas. I do like Wunderground though it's got sentimental value as i used it for years lol.

I find the premium service of 'Rain Today', particularly the radar and it's path, can be very accurate indeed right down to small areas. Not sure how often the free version updates or how pin point it may be for that same reason with it's forecasts. But you can always check it out as there will likely be a link to the free version here http://premium.raintoday.co.uk/

Harris is now in the meeting according to SGP website what a joke that someone knocked out in the first qualifying round can now get through.

The site also points out "Polish rider Maciej Janowski is an injury doubt for the event as he sits out Poole’s trip to Lakeside tonight with a knee injury. Meanwhile, Danish star Peter Kildemand must overcome a heavy fall at Swindon on Thursday to make the meeting."

So if those two fail to make it we'll have two more Brits in the meeting! namely Barker and Bridger

SGP's website latest line-up

GP CHALLENGE LINE-UP:

1 Vaclav Milik

2 Maciej Janowski

3 Krzysztof Kasprzak

4 Peter Kildemand

5 Timo Lahti

6 Hans Andersen

7 Kenneth Bjerre

8 Troy Batchelor

9 Danny King

10 Niels-Kristian Iversen

11 Tomas H Jonasson,

12 Michael Jepsen Jensen

13 Piotr Pawlicki

14 Martin Smolinski

15 Chris Harris

16 Daniel Nermark.

RESERVES:

17 Ben Barker

18 Lewis Bridger

Edited by manchesterpaul

3 Brummies in it now, Good Luck to all them and I hope Smoli's bike doesnt catch on fire like it did on Wednesday :D

If Bomber is now in the line up then there is no need for a wild card. So that should mean that Danny King should be dropped for the next one on the semi final list.

If Bomber is now in the line up then there is no need for a wild card. So that should mean that Danny King should be dropped for the next one on the semi final list.

Idiot.

Kildemand was in the meeting at no 4 - replaced Loktaev who had no visa. Last I saw Pavlic and Harris were reserves :unsure:

Now confirmed that Zagar has withdrawn, Pavlic replaces him, Harris moves up to first reserve and Bridger second reserve.

With Zagar out and Harris in this means that Krzystof Buczkowski, Max Dilger, Matic Voldrih, Cameron Woodward, Jakub Jamrog, Roland Benko, Norbert Magosi and Guglielmo Franchetti have all said no. This is what should have happened considering that they were the riders next in line from Zagar's race off. I smell a conspiracy here to get more brits in... :lol:

Edited by f-s-p

Is it definite that if NkI finishes in th top 8 in the Gp and finishes in the top 3here that who ever finishes fourth tonight would get a Gp spot for next year? Or would it just mean an extra wildcard?

With Zagar out and Harris in this means that Krzystof Buczkowski, Max Dilger, Matic Voldrih, Cameron Woodward, Jakub Jamrog, Roland Benko, Norbert Magosi and Guglielmo Franchetti have all said no. This is what should have happened considering that they were the riders next in line from Zagar's race off. I smell a conspiracy here to get more brits in... :lol:

You make a very valid point(as always)as Buczkowski and Woodward to name 2 would have jumped at the chance to ride-Buczkowski in the uk last night riding-Someone could have flown over with a "polish special" engine to use :approve: Could there be a deadline in the FIM rules where after a certain number of hours before the meeting-the next in line are not used and the home federation choose the replacement ?

Can anyone understand/explain the rules here because I can't work it out. How have Barker and Bridger got in as reserves? How has Harris got in it - he wasn't even a reserve in either of the semi-finals?????? FFS this is supposed to be fair!

Lets pray for the sake of the GP's that no British rider gets close to qualifying. The competion has been strong last couple of years.

Edited by phillipsr

Can anyone understand/explain the rules here because I can't work it out. How have Barker and Bridger got in as reserves? How has Harris got in it - he wasn't even a reserve in either of the semi-finals?????? FFS this is supposed to be fair!

See my post above yours-what I can tell you is that "meeting reserves" are always home federation riders.

Even Nicholls, who was reserve in the second semi-final, was ahead of Harris and he can't have been asked can he, even if all the others in Zagar's semi said they couldn't get bikes over here.

See my post above yours-what I can tell you is that "meeting reserves" are always home federation riders.

execpt here, where you had to qualify for the job. My friend here next to me with a FIM clerk of the course license thinks the substitute list takes precedence until the very last minute. Cant say though when that last minute is... At some point common sense will come to play naturally.

You make a very valid point(as always)as Buczkowski and Woodward to name 2 would have jumped at the chance to ride-Buczkowski in the uk last night riding-Someone could have flown over with a "polish special" engine to use :approve: Could there be a deadline in the FIM rules where after a certain number of hours before the meeting-the next in line are not used and the home federation choose the replacement ?

From what i can see on the results site, in addition to those you & F-s-p mention, Nicholls, Wolbert, Sundstrom, North, Kennett, Kroner, Ales D all finished the qualifiers ahead of Harris - has he got some compromising photos tucked away somewhere! Ha Ha. I genuinely cannot understand it?

Edited by SPEEDY69