British Speedway Forum
stratton

Who Do You Think Will Be World Champion In 2013? And Who Else Will Do Well.

Wondered who people thought would be the new world champion? and who else would do well.I think Holder can regain the title also Iversen to be in at least the 6th to 8th place in the GP standings.

Holder emil and pedersen top three for me (not neccesarily that order). that darcy ward might go all right too.

What about picks for riders u think will struggle? kk zagar and tai the obvious ones but will be some big names struggling to make top 8.

Quite possible no swedes making top 8?

Wondered who people thought would be the new world champion? and who else would do well.I think Holder can regain the title also Iversen to be in at least the 6th to 8th place in the GP standings.

Holder can regain the title!! he hasn't lost it yet, think you mean retain.

No mention of how much easier it is to win a GP than a one off, come on Sidney you are slipping!!!

Holder can regain the title!! he hasn't lost it yet, think you mean retain.

No mention of how much easier it is to win a GP than a one off, come on Sidney you are slipping!!!

Respect Oldace, i am slipping Holder too RETAIN the title give me the one off final anyday drama excitement..Saying that the GP series has grown on me more young uns getting a chance. But would say a young 17 year old Michael Lee immediately get a chance at the WC now NO.

Ladbrokes are offering the following odds:

Darcy Ward 7/2

Chris Holder 4/1

Nicki Pedersen 6/1

Tomasz Gollob 7/1

Emil Sayfutdinov 8/1

Greg Hancock 10/1

Jaroslaw Hampel 12/1

Antonio Lindback 14/1

Andreas Jonsson 20/1

Niels-Kristian Iversen 25/1

Fredrik Lindgren 33/1

Krzysztof Kasprzak 33/1

Martin Vaculik 66/1

Matej Zagar 66/1

Tai Woffinden 150/1

Interesting that the bookies are tipping a rookie.

Vaculik looks a good price for an each way bet for a top 3 place.

Best wishes

Tricky

Agree vaculik and possibly jonsson look good value for an each way.

Hampel @ 12 possibly the best value to win - the longest odds out of the seven riders i can see as potential champions

• Like 1

is it a year to soon for Darcy? how will he cope with pressure?

think if Lindback carries on where he left off he could be top 3. Hancock, Nicki and Gollob is it 1 season to much? Emil not really gone forward the last couple of years. Jonsson and Hampel may have reached there peak and potential.

Vaculik to big at 66/1 for top 3 as well. KK, Zager, Iversen, Lindgren and Tai cant win it.

As i said on another thread very very open year. If Holder fully fit will be thereabouts again. My top 3

1. Holder

2. Lindback

3. Ward

Top 4 for me are Holder, Vaculik, Lindback and Ward.................time for the youngsters to shine through.............oh and not necessarily in that order............

RP

Controversial choice - I think Darcy Ward will win it. My money is on him.

At 7/2, no value to my mind.

Edited by Starman2006

I think this may be the year that Hampel comes out on top.

There is bound to be a surprise or 2 - I'll go with Ward to finish outside the top 8!!

Ward could struggle on his first season in GP as it's the hottest GP field we've had for many years.

Emil to win this year as he progressed steadily last season but he needs to keep clear of backj wheels and the air fence. Hampel will have a good season after a winter to recover from injury.