British Speedway Forum
hasta la vista

Speedway Betting 2013

Anyone having a punt on tonights EL meetings?

Back BV to win at Coventry tonight. And Zorro +1 vs Nicholls, Zorro rides Brandon well and Scott tends to get a few bonus points.

Also Got Sundstrom -1 to outscore Shields.

Edited by SCB

Ricky Wells -1 vs Woodward @ 13/8 looks good to me. Wells will be getting 5 rides to Woodwards 4 and Wells will be partnered by the poor (at present) Skornicki while Woodward will drop points to his team mate Gustafsson. Also a small bet on Woffy to score more than 11, I know he hates the place but he's flying at the moment and I'm sure he was never a fan of Kirky Lane, it's only really Bjarne he should be a real threat tonight too.

First Betting up on tonight's match are Swindon (-8) 10/11 v Peterborough (+8) 10/11 Draw 14/1. Both with Skybet and Stan James

I spoke to Stan James at the weekend and they say they will only be betting on live matches in the future. Shame as they used to be one of the originators of betting on all non live matches

First Betting up on tonight's match are Swindon (-8) 10/11 v Peterborough (+8) 10/11 Draw 14/1. Both with Skybet and Stan James

I spoke to Stan James at the weekend and they say they will only be betting on live matches in the future. Shame as they used to be one of the originators of betting on all non live matches

-10 now 10/11

Im all over the -8.

Corals are currently pricing up non live matches which they never used to.

All the bookmakers are in general retreat on tonight's match up. They are running scared of Swindon having all reduced their odds and made there handicap higher. Have all the punters got it right?

All the bookmakers are in general retreat on tonight's match up. They are running scared of Swindon having all reduced their odds and made there handicap higher. Have all the punters got it right?

yes they did !! think the brummies will do them tonight though !!

Is anyone else suffering from ridiculous stake limitations from BWin? On Monday, they generously allowed me £2.19 at odds of 1.85 on P'Boro +17.5 and a whopping £2.67 on Wolves to win at odds of 1.91.

I questioned them about these restrictions and received the following answer:

<<We would like to inform you that winning limits are determined entirely by the company and may differ from the limits stated in our Terms and Conditions:

https://help.bwin.com/general-information/legal-matters/general-terms-and-conditions/sports-betting#a4

A4.4 Different Winning Limits:

The company reserves the right to determine winning limits differently from those specified in paragraphs “A4.3.1” and “A4.3.2” and/or determine specific winning limits for individual players.

A change in winning limits may be carried out. Also, if a player places several equal bets (including the combination of Single- and Mutli bets), this will also affect the winning limit.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.>>

I asked a specific question and received a totally generic answer back - a load of corporate Bulls**t, in fact.

Many of the Internet Bookmakers are a disgrace to their profession. At the end of the day, they are so-called professionals, employing "traders / market makers" who set both the odds and the handicaps. They love it when mugs queue up to lose their money on horse racing, etc., but heaven forbid you actually win money from them and you're then limited.

I've had the same issue with Skybet, Unibet, Stan James to name three and I know of friends who have had the same issue with SportingBet and Bet365.

Would be interest to hear of other experiences out there.

Yeah i feel it mate BetVictor closed me down last year after hammering them on British and swedish speedway , trouble is speedway like nonleague football they dont have a clue how to price it up soon as they take a beating they close accounts and stop laying a market

Yeah i feel it mate BetVictor closed me down last year after hammering them on British and swedish speedway , trouble is speedway like nonleague football they dont have a clue how to price it up soon as they take a beating they close accounts and stop laying a market

I guess it's their bat and ball and they can act like spoilt brats in the playground. You lose or else we close your account down - great attitude.

I find B/Win bookmaking all over the place . I opened an account with them 5 years ago ,and had no problem placing a £100 bet ,sometimes higher. I only back on Speedway. generally. Then the next year they started limiting my bets which gradually went down to £34.00. The next year I tried to place a bet and was told my account had been closed . So I opened an account in my son's name and was back to £100 bets again. Then they said £79.40 was the maximum stake I could have Lots of times they never put any odds up at all. This season my first bet was for £100 but they said this was to high but I could have £16.81. They certainly had some funny amounts for limits. So I thought I will withdraw my money and not bother with them any more.Then they put up on Monday Belle Vue @ -2.5 against Coventry @ 1.85. So I put £50.00 in and it was accepted.although shortly afterwards they took those odds down and put up 5.5. I have noticed that they have been putting up the odds earlier and covering more matches.this season and also changing them more often as some are hopelessly out.

I am a shareholder in B/Win but they do not give me any special treatment. Perhaps I should go to their AGM and kick up a fuss.

I find B/Win bookmaking all over the place . I opened an account with them 5 years ago ,and had no problem placing a £100 bet ,sometimes higher. I only back on Speedway. generally. Then the next year they started limiting my bets which gradually went down to £34.00. The next year I tried to place a bet and was told my account had been closed . So I opened an account in my son's name and was back to £100 bets again. Then they said £79.40 was the maximum stake I could have Lots of times they never put any odds up at all. This season my first bet was for £100 but they said this was to high but I could have £16.81. They certainly had some funny amounts for limits. So I thought I will withdraw my money and not bother with them any more.Then they put up on Monday Belle Vue @ -2.5 against Coventry @ 1.85. So I put £50.00 in and it was accepted.although shortly afterwards they took those odds down and put up 5.5. I have noticed that they have been putting up the odds earlier and covering more matches.this season and also changing them more often as some are hopelessly out.

I am a shareholder in B/Win but they do not give me any special treatment. Perhaps I should go to their AGM and kick up a fuss.

It wasn't as though I wanted to have fortunes on with BWin. I tried to have £50 on Wolves off scratch and was allowed £2.67. I thought I'd be less ambitious with the P'Boro bet and went for £30 and was allowed £2.19.

I don't know what's more infuriating, the limiting of bets or the generic response I received from them. It's a shame because they do take different views from the herd, which offers opportunity for us punters and for them as well. One thing is for sure, it will take them a long time to have of chance of getting their money back at £2-£3 per bet!!

It would be great if, as a shareholder, you could take them to task on this. Whilst you're at it, you can add sponsoring Man Ure to my list of gripes as well.