British Speedway Forum
michaelcroucher

Speedway On Eurosport

Why all the moaning gp speedway is still on tv & being seen by many more armchair viewers I would suggest as eurosport is part of most sky/virgin tv packages.

The channel is also the home of motorbikes & lets not forget that they seemed to obtain the rights late on.

It would be nice to see Scottie Nicholls involved next year thou.

If they also get Polish league that would be good.

One last thing are they showing the world cup?

Not so much moaning as comparing SKY with Eurosport.

Some here seem to think Europsport are actually doing something with regards the coverage, which is exactly the same as SKY, and congratulating them.

Others seem to be of the opinion that having a panel of ex world champions and other knowledgeable riders is not nearly as good as having a know nothing idiot babble insanely about things he hasn't a clue about.

Europsport deserve some praise for the utilisation of Scott and his missus but otherwise they have not been a patch on SKY who are a totally proffessionally run TV company whereas Eurosport are like channel 5.

SKY's coverage of WTC and SGP was much better than Eurosport.

Whether we should praise Jebus that we still have speedway GP is irrelevant. The TV coverage provided by Eurosport is not as good as SKY.

The weekends SWC coverage shows just how much SKY will be missed.

SKY always made room for live coverage if the meeting was rained off. True they have more channels but the point still stands.

SKY once waited for over 4 hours for the track to improve during one SWC meet in Poland and filled in with speedway content.

> with regards the coverage, which is exactly the same as SKY <

> SKY's coverage of WTC and SGP was much better than Eurosport. <

> The TV coverage provided by Eurosport is not as good as SKY. <

That's certainly cleared that up, thanks.

• Like 1

Some here seem to think Europsport are actually doing something with regards the coverage, which is exactly the same as SKY, and congratulating them.

Others seem to be of the opinion that having a panel of ex world champions and other knowledgeable riders is not nearly as good as having a know nothing idiot babble insanely about things he hasn't a clue about.

Europsport deserve some praise for the utilisation of Scott and his missus but otherwise they have not been a patch on SKY who are a totally proffessionally run TV company whereas Eurosport are like channel 5.

SKY's coverage of WTC and SGP was much better than Eurosport.

Whether we should praise Jebus that we still have speedway GP is irrelevant. The TV coverage provided by Eurosport is not as good as SKY.

The weekends SWC coverage shows just how much SKY will be missed.

SKY always made room for live coverage if the meeting was rained off. True they have more channels but the point still stands.

SKY once waited for over 4 hours for the track to improve during one SWC meet in Poland and filled in with speedway content.

But the tracks have been so much better on Eurosport!!!

Seriously it's a non argument - the Eurosport coverage of the GP's and World cup has been by far the best on British TV in 2013 and thats all that matters.

• Like 1

But the tracks have been so much better on Eurosport!!!

One thing that has to be mentioned is that Team GB had more chance of winning SWC on SKY.

• Like 1

The guy that does the presentation with Scotty. Would it not be better if he had his arms tied by his sides?

How nice to have speedway commentated by two guys just letting the racing do most of the talking, and without demented screaming when it did get a bit exciting. Scott did well actually, as did the other guy, especially considering I am assuming they were London based not their live.

Loved the little clip of Hans and Tai getting across Moscow, would love to see Sky or Eurosport do more stuff like that as fillers, to see the riders away from the tracks.

• Like 2

How nice to have speedway commentated by two guys just letting the racing do most of the talking, and without demented screaming when it did get a bit exciting. Scott did well actually, as did the other guy, especially considering I am assuming they were London based not their live.

Loved the little clip of Hans and Tai getting across Moscow, would love to see Sky or Eurosport do more stuff like that as fillers, to see the riders away from the tracks.

Yes it was quite strange tonight,quite a few heats finished with 2 riders within a 2 bike lengths of each other and not a whoaaaaah in sight.Much better if you ask me !

Enjoyed the meeting and the coverage tonight, despite the track. Great stadium, great crowd and Day & Nicholls were very good even with Day getting riders wrong a couple of times and Scott politely correcting him. I too enjoyed the Tai and Hans clip and, as TheReturn says, would be good to see more items like this of the riders away from the track - though maybe not Darcy Ward :lol:

Always will remember Julia Bradbury interviewing Ryan Sullivan in a swimming pool in her bikini - Julia, not Ryan. More of that type of filler would be enjoyable.....

Now, are the Lada girls better than the Monster girls.....

Best Regards

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1

Much prefer the Eurosport commentary to the shouty Sky coverage. I think Scotty does a much better job than Tattum who is out of touch. The difference between Sky and Eurosport is that Sky take their own cameras and crew, and Eurosport pick up the feed and add their own commentary. As to which is best overall, I'm just pleased to have speedway on tv.

• Like 3

Kelvin tatum is out of touch ?? ! With what exactly ? Reality ,speedway ,politics ,life ,human beings ,what a strange comment to make as if your commenting on his speedway knowledge then that cannot be questioned. If you don't like his commentary style well that's fine it seems to me the only thing he is out of touch with is some of the moaning sad gits on this forum.

• Like 1

Much prefer Nichols and day over Tatum and Pearson. I like the more light hearted and amusing commentary and the honesty of Scott.

Didn't miss the shouting of Pearson and Tatum or the fence sitting over anything mildly controversial

• Like 2

Much prefer the Eurosport commentary to the shouty Sky coverage. I think Scotty does a much better job than Tattum who is out of touch. The difference between Sky and Eurosport is that Sky take their own cameras and crew, and Eurosport pick up the feed and add their own commentary. As to which is best overall, I'm just pleased to have speedway on tv.

Sky only use their own production for EL meetings. Eurosport use the BSI feed for the GPs (as Sky did) and the 'One Sport' feed for the Euros!!

I actually quite like both sets of commentators, with their different styles!! What Eurosport need imo for a 3+ hour transmission are more fillers (like the Tai/Hans travel plans) as there was a lot of repetition later on in the broadcast. (ps. Please no more rider 'interviews' with/by Jan Staechmann - he is very flat, monotone and boring)!

Edited by Skidder1

Now, are the Lada girls better than the Monster girls..... Best Regards

They seemed to be wearing much more sensible footwear!! :rofl:

Edited by emerald tyke
  • Like 1

Pesonally I'm quite OK with having two different sets of commentators for the two different series/broadcasters.

I've never been over critical of the Pearson/Tatum team and their employers seem to like them so no moaning here will change that.

Credit has to be given to the Eurosport team as Pearson/Tatum have been doing their act for donkey's years. Day/Nicholls are real novices by comparison.

Scott Nicholls is really very good and the Day chap has obviously gone away and learnt an awful lot more between the few meetings he has been on.

Most of his pronunciations and terminology were good. And it looks like he could have more to come.

At the moment I'm quite happy.

Which for the fickle so-and-so that I am is pretty unusual.

Edit:

Oh, I forgot.

Except for the appearences by Staechmann on the Euros and Ermolenko on Sky.

They are plain dreadful.

MUTE is the only option.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1