British Speedway Forum
hail_to_the_shale

Krzysztof Kasprzak Testimonial Meeting 11/9

As it seems that no one has mentioned it already I am going to mention it now on the 11th September 2013 is Kris's testimonial meeting at poole stadium on wimbourne rd......

people have been saying on the poole forum does he qualify for a testimonial meeting considering that he has ridden for other clubs and not always ridden in Britain but I would say yes considering that he has belonged to the same club for the 10 years.

testimonials are different nowadays. very rare for a 1 club 10 year rider. Chris Louis springs to mind. Where as Mark Loram rode for most of the league but in memory dont think he had a testimonial. i may be wrong.

in my eyes kasprzak though a good rider has flitted in and out of british speedway so in my eyes doesnt really deserve one

• Like 4

Kris signed for The Pirates as a schoolboy and all he wanted to do was ride for the Pirates but because of stupid points limits Matt hasn't been able to fit him in. It ain't Kaspers fault.

• Like 2

i know its not his fault but what you are saying is join a club in 2003 ride maybe 4 or 5 seasons out of 10 for 3 different clubs and then be granted a testimonial.

Kasprzak is a good rider, nice bloke and its nothing against him at all.

Just dont feel he deserves a testimonial and bumper pay day for his services either to British speedway or Poole.

Surely Lindback should be due one soon by your reckoning

Well no because Lindback hasnt raced in the UK since 2007 and hasnt shown any interest in it since.

I am going to say that I will attend this meeting, and then when the big day comes I just won't turn up. :D

• Like 5

Well no because Lindback hasnt raced in the UK since 2007 and hasnt shown any interest in it since.

as i said due one soon. sorry just think testimonials are thrown round like confetti these days for riders who basically dont really deserve it.

its not an anti poole thing or anti kasprzak

if you think kk is deserving of a testimonial rather than say someone like Lindgren who has raced here for the same team for god knows how long and has continually been in the top 5 or so of the averages. im not Lindgrens biggest fan but i would rather see him have a bumper pay day then someone like kasprzak

• Like 1

Whilst I don't agree with the current rules on qualification for a testimonial, I nevertheless feel that any rider who risks their life (eg. Argentina today!!) everytime they go out on a speedway bike and who is granted a testimonial, should be properly supported!

Whilst I don't agree with the current rules on qualification for a testimonial, I nevertheless feel that any rider who risks their life (eg. Argentina today!!) everytime they go out on a speedway bike and who is granted a testimonial, should be properly supported!

im not talking about the guys risking life and limb, we are all grateful to these guys for the shows they put on everytime they endanger themselves to entertain us.

i think it is irrelevent to this though. i am just saying to many testimonials handed out thats all

Hey, it isn't mandatory to attend. If you don't agree with it then don't turn up. You wont be missed.

Matt wants to put on a testimonial, KK agrees, a good booking of riders & a couple thousand fans turn up, we all have a good evening.

Also if Matt wanted to put on a testimonial for Anton, why shouldn't he? He can put on a testimonial for Gordon the Tramp if he wants to.

• Like 1

Hey, it isn't mandatory to attend. If you don't agree with it then don't turn up. You wont be missed.

Matt wants to put on a testimonial, KK agrees, a good booking of riders & a couple thousand fans turn up, we all have a good evening.

Also if Matt wanted to put on a testimonial for Anton, why shouldn't he? He can put on a testimonial for Gordon the Tramp if he wants to.

i wont be going but thats not because of who it is just where it is, to far for me.

i stick by what i say. testimonials used to be 10 years service to one club but now more like 10 years to british speedway thats fine.

but still if you think kk or lindback are deserving then so be it.

just had a thought im an ipswich fan so surely we should have 1 for Gollob and Hampel?

• Like 1

Why not? CL could stage whatever he wants if he thought that the fans would attend.

How's about a Gollob v Boycey showdown? :wink:

Edited by pugwash

i wont be going but thats not because of who it is just where it is, to far for me.

i stick by what i say. testimonials used to be 10 years service to one club but now more like 10 years to british speedway thats fine.

but still if you think kk or lindback are deserving then so be it.

just had a thought im an ipswich fan so surely we should have 1 for Gollob and Hampel?

You really are just trying to make an argument out of nothing.

Where has anyone stated Lindback is due a testimonial?

I am under the impression these meetings are given for 10 , 20 or 30 years to British Speedway. KK has done ten.

Where have I stated that KK is more deserving of one than Lindgren? Lindgren is having his as well, so whats the fuss?

KK is one of a few top class Poles who have always shown a willingness to ride in this country.

There are plenty of riders down the years who have had testimonials without committing to the same club for the said amount of time.

It seems you are just trying to make an argument but as per usual your theory holds no water.

i started the post to make people aware that he is having a testimonial meeting and i personally think that he is a brilliant guy that thoroughly deserves the meeting if it was not for the stupid ruling about averages and how many top riders you can have i am sure that people would have been seeing him at wimbourne rd this season

• Like 1

You really are just trying to make an argument out of nothing.

Where has anyone stated Lindback is due a testimonial?

I am under the impression these meetings are given for 10 , 20 or 30 years to British Speedway. KK has done ten.

Where have I stated that KK is more deserving of one than Lindgren? Lindgren is having his as well, so whats the fuss?

KK is one of a few top class Poles who have always shown a willingness to ride in this country.

There are plenty of riders down the years who have had testimonials without committing to the same club for the said amount of time.

It seems you are just trying to make an argument but as per usual your theory holds no water.

not just trying to make an argument.

poole forum some people have said is he deserving of one

my argument is no he doesnt. he is a nice guy its not against him or poole

always shown a willingness? very questionable

he has flitted in and out for 10 years

if you dont like opinion then why come on a forum.

i dont believe he has shown commitment to british speedway in the last 10 years to warrant a testimonial