British Speedway Forum

Here's an idea - why not ask the fans to send in their music requests?! Promotions could even get their local newspaper/radio sports reporter or their own website to give the idea a plug!

I lurrrrrrvvve rocket science!!!! :approve:

Edited by Skidder1

Excellent idea.

Then all that's needed is a MiniMax spreadsheet to draw together all the info and publish a weekly Anorak Top Ten.

I'm sure the sponsorship seeking gurus at GoSpeed would land a national company to sponsor it. Wulfsport or Brentford Nylons.

Not even that, just have a texting or twitter service where people from the crowd can text or tweet the DJ with song requests/messages to the crowd.

I know that I have seen in the programmes that both Coventry and Leicester have a DJ to play the music and they take requests and birthdays by text and Twitter I think

I know that I have seen in the programmes that both Coventry and Leicester have a DJ to play the music and they take requests and birthdays by text and Twitter I think

Then they're clearly moving with technology! Meetings need to be more interactive with crowds nowadays, to bring in younger audiences. I'm 25 now and I can see that the gap between whats going on and the crowd themselves is so far people may struggle to get involved. I don't mean this literally either, before anyone says anything :t:

All 3 tracks where I was involved with the presentation last year (Stoke, Coventry & Birmingham) had a Speedway Shout Facility where you could text, tweet or email in any requests/mentions etc. We also had a Facebook Check In at Stoke and Birmingham which got you a shout out over the tannoy system.

Twitter is a great idea too so we will be going with that again in 2013, any other suggestions would be greatfully received. @speedwayshout is our twitter.

Music choice is always a toughie so we try and play a mixture, we have a 420 track playlist on Spotify called Speedway Music which is a mixture of fan requests and our own suggestions if anyone fancies a look or listen. Username is djsuperbart - Chris Simpson. This link may work if you use Spotify but I'm not sure http://t.co/OrfJ1kWw

69663_10200597059988107_1163553581_n.jpg

Edited by Chris BIKERfm SpeedwayShow
  • Like 2

Likewise Poole have been doing this for years!! But with the vast age range, as at most tracks, the chances of getting the music to everyone's taste is somewhat unlikely.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

Good God. There's nothing like Elsie & Albert's 40th Wedding Anniversary request to get the place a'rockin'.

OMG what have you got against OAPs, you bastard. You want them to die. How dare you. They have been going to speedway for 60 years you know? They deserve a mention.

At Peterborough it's not Wedding Anniversaries but birthday requests. I'm always amazed at how many styles of happy birthday they play each week, the people of Peterborough must have 3 or 4 birthdays a year!

Damn. I was hoping this would be a thread about getting a proper DJ to play some banging techno during the races.

OMG what have you got against OAPs, you bastard.

Confirmed...... chivalry isn't dead! lol

Interviews in the crowd,but must have a "big screen" to show it on. Could Samsung or any alternative producer not be enticed to advertise their products etc by supplying the "big screen". PS I ;) know before anyone posts that we already have the best Screen at Ashfield! ;)

The interviews from the pits always got me. " So Jason, looking forward to the season ahead?" "Yes, mmmph mmmmphhhh mmmm phhhhhh mmmghhhhh brand new, mmmpphhh ....."

• Like 2

Presenters should read out tweets inbetween heats and during the break, clearly an element of moderation would be required however it would be a good way to make the fans in the stadium feel more involved.

• Like 1