British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robbie B

Gp Betting Game

I hope that T.N.T doesn't mind that along with his excellent GP predicator game I also run a GP betting game. If he does then I won't run the competition.

The idea is very simple. Each new entry receives £100 in betting stake money. They must pick four riders from each GP. A £50 bonus is awarded to anyone who manages to pick all four GP finalists.

With your £100 stake money you can put on as much or as little of your funds on your four riders. Obviously the name of the game is to make a profit from a each GP. If at any time you run out of funds you may re-enter the competition by borrowing money from the games bank. £100 loans will be handing out to all players who have in the game at a interest rate of 10% per GP. So if you needed to borrow money for the second GP - you would have to pay the bank back £110 before the third GP. If you fail and needed more funds the original loan would have 10% interest put on it. So that loan amount would the be £121 and so on. In the game your money would be in minus credit just like in real life. Only one loan before each GP will be allowed per player. This I can keep all players playing the game. And you could get back into credit and with good picks still win the competition.

It may sound complicated but I have formatted an Excel spreadsheet to all the work of working the totals for me.

On Thursday's before each GP I will place the riders odds on here. They will come from real Bookies from the web and will not change at any time before the GP.

All bets must be placed before any GP starts or they will not count. Second and Third place riders in any GP final will receive one-quarter of the original betting price odds.

The winner of the competition will be the one who makes the most money at the end, of the 2013 GP season.

New Zealand GP Odds TBA

1 Chris Holder (Australia)

2 Nicki Pedersen (Denmark)

3 Greg Hancock (USA)

4 Tomasz Golob (Poland)

5 Emil Sayfutdinov (Russia)

6 Antonio Lindback (Sweden)

7 Fredrik Lindgren (Sweden)

8 Andreas Jonsson (Sweden)

9 Martin Vaculik (Slovakia)

10 Jaroslaw Hampel (Poland)

11 Krzysztof Kasprzak (Poland)

12 Matej Zagar (Slovenia)

13 Niels-Kristian Iversen (Denmark)

14 Tai Woffinden (Great Britain)

15 Darcy Ward (Australia)

16 Jason Bunyan (New Zealand) (Wild Card)

To start things off everyone has £100 to pick the rider who will be speedway World Champion in 2013. Bets must be placed before the start of the New Zealand GP to count.

These are the best odds for each rider I could find on the Internet. A rider who comes second or third in the World Championship will receive one-quarter of their original betting odds.

1 Chris Holder (Australia) 4/1

15 Darcy Ward (Australia) 11/2

2 Nicki Pedersen (Denmark) 13/2

5 Emil Sayfutdinov (Russia) 9/1

3 Greg Hancock (USA) 10/1

4 Tomasz Golob (Poland) 10/1

10 Jaroslaw Hampel (Poland) 12/1

6 Antonio Lindback (Sweden) 16/1

8 Andreas Jonsson (Sweden) 20/1

7 Fredrik Lindgren (Sweden) 33/1

9 Martin Vaculik (Slovakia) 40/1

11 Krzysztof Kasprzak (Poland) 40/1

13 Niels-Kristian Iversen (Denmark) 40/1

12 Matej Zagar (Slovenia) 66/1

14 Tai Woffinden (Great Britain) 200/1

These odds for the overall World Championship only apply to before the start of the New Zealand Grand Prix. They will change as in real life afterwards for any new players.

My bet for the World Championship winner is £100 on Darcy Ward.

Edited by Robbie B

I have no problem with it as I firmly believe everyone has the right to post what they think or want to (under the rules) and therefore wish you all the best on this BETTING GAME.

I will say that I do feel that once a person has lost their original stake, they should be out and leave the rest to fight it out.

I will but my £100 on Chris Holdr retaining his title. (if we could split the bets, I would have had some on Emil and Antonio too)

I have no problem with it as I firmly believe everyone has the right to post what they think or want to (under the rules) and therefore wish you all the best on this BETTING GAME.

I will say that I do feel that once a person has lost their original stake, they should be out and leave the rest to fight it out.

I will but my £100 on Chris Holdr retaining his title. (if we could split the bets, I would have had some on Emil and Antonio too)

Many thanks T.N.T.

The first bet of £100 is to pick the winner of the World Championship. This would be added to your overall total.

I did think about splitting bets to pick the overall champion, but I think one pick per player for the overall champion I thought was fair to everyone. As your pick could be very crucial in your final total amount, There is plenty of room during the course of the GP season to make money in your picks. I will be using oddschecker on Thursdays to get the best odds for all GPs.

Good point about once you lost all your money you would be out. I did also think about giving these players could also a bank loan of 10% interest per GP until they paid back any money owed. Obviously they would be in minus credit until the load in paid back into the games bank. I do what to give everyone one a chance of playing all season long. And you could go into minus credit for a while and then be lucky with your picks and win the competition. I think I will allow people to have loans in the game.

Think I'll wait on the results of DW's ankle x-ray before I place my bet!!!!

great idea thanks for taking the time to organise

my £100 goes on

great idea thanks for taking the time to organise

my £100 goes on

Many thanks iceman your bet has been placed.

Matej Zagar (LATVIA)??? Are you kidding me? It is S-L-O-V-E-N-I-A. And you are a speedway fan? :rofl:

Matej Zagar (LATVIA)??? Are you kidding me? It is S-L-O-V-E-N-I-A. And you are a speedway fan? :rofl:

I must admit I did copy and paste the names for elsewhere as I was busy and didn't check them.

Now that's it been brought to my attention I will change it.

Hmmm Can Chris do it twice in a row? Not sure. For me Hampel has got to be due a good run soon after a bad 2012.

Hampel it is then!

Hmmm Can Chris do it twice in a row? Not sure. For me Hampel has got to be due a good run soon after a bad 2012.

Hampel it is then!

Hi Obrien48 is Hampel your £100 bet to win the World Championship?

And if so welcome to the game.

Hi Obrien48 is Hampel your £100 bet to win the World Championship?

And if so welcome to the game.

That it be!

Many thanks Robbie, I look forward to the season :)

Many thanks for the fast reply Obrien48 your bet has been placed, and good luck to you and to everyone that has entered the competition so far.