British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

Depends on the details of the contract. Sentiment doesn't override a legal document.

Neither should the Country the "mistake" was made in.... :rolleyes:

In my old job, if I'd been caught taking drugs etc, whether it be in the UK or not, I would have been sacked! ............

• Like 4

Of course its their business, he is one of their riders.

Presumably only during the speedway season.

Shouldn't be any employers' business what their employees do out of hours unless it affects their work or is a matter of national security. As much as I think drink/drug driving is grossly irresponsible, it's a matter for the civil authorities to deal with rather than moral guardians.

Shouldn't be any employers' business what their employees do out of hours unless it affects their work or is a matter of national security. As much as I think drink/drug driving is grossly irresponsible, it's a matter for the civil authorities to deal with rather than moral guardians.

don't be daft....they will sign into an agreement that they won't tarnish the clubs name, or bring it into disrepute, it will be a clause in the contract.... The same as football teams act when a player misbehaves out of hours... ( mostly)
  • Like 7

Whilst never condoning the use of drugs etc, I think maybe those of us who have lead an exemplary life and never ever have committed any sort of misdemeanour/mistake should be the people to make comments on this thread. Methinks that few of us will qualify.

Whilst never condoning the use of drugs etc, I think maybe those of us who have lead an exemplary life and never ever have committed any sort of misdemeanour/mistake should be the people to make comments on this thread. Methinks that few of us will qualify.

Time and again in this debate someone or another has trotted out this ridiculous line.

Usually in an attempt to molify the outrage at Darcy and sometimes just to stifle the discussion.

You may, yourself have been a drug user OR you may hold the perperse view of the world is that everyone else has been.

But they haven't.

And I haven't.

Not that any of us need to meet YOUR qualification requirements to contribute, thanks all the same.

Methinks more of us 'qualify' that you thinks.

Edited by Grand Central

Shouldn't be any employers' business what their employees do out of hours unless it affects their work

Not knowing the details of his contract I can't say for sure. There may be the issue of image rights, which lets face it, you'd like to think Darcy or his representatives would have included in salary negotiations.

Image is 24/7.

Of course there could be other issues from the Swedish POV and who are we in the UK to tell them what to think/do.

Time and again in this debate someone or another has trotted out this ridiculous line.

Usually in an attempt to molify the outrage at Darcy and sometimes just to stifle the discussion.

You may, yourself have been a drug user OR you may hold the perperse view of the world is that everyone else has been.

But they haven't.

And I haven't.

Not that any of us need to meet YOUR qualification requirements to contribute, thanks all the same.

It must be logical then that as you have admitted to having no experience of wrong doing, your opinion on the same is somewhat one sided, and based upon facts gathered from fiction, your saintly life must be awfully wearing at times , are you a priest perhaps
  • Like 2

Ward got caught. He could have been smashed out of his head in a secluded location and no one would be the wiser. But he chose to be in view at night on an unregistered bike having a beer and a smoke with his mates. The guy is a chancer, which is why he keeps getting caught, it is also why many expect him to be World Champion.

He needs to work out how to stop getting caught, all 3 incidents have involved him being drunk or been drinking, it doesn't stop him being a great rider, it just stops people from respecting him as a person.

How would you feel if your daughter came home with him as her new boyfriend, I know I wouldn't be impressed

• Like 4

Understandably the focus in the majority of threads is on the drugs and drink element.

We mustn't forget he also did a runner from the police and that in itself is pretty serious. And it shows poor judgement on his part.

• Like 4

It must be logical then that as you have admitted to having no experience of wrong doing, your opinion on the same is somewhat one sided, and based upon facts gathered from fiction, your saintly life must be awfully wearing at times , are you a priest perhaps

By that then, because I have never murdered anyone, I can't have a view on the murderer and their activities. Silly argument.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 4

Bless you, my son.

But I don't think Priests are the ones with an unblemished reputation, are they?

• Like 1

Methinks that few of us qualify to be in control of a bike with no breaks and representing club and country either.

The sooner some stop making excuses for the behaviour the better, and to justify a comment with non of us are perfect is unbelievable.

Well said.

• Like 2

You mention logic in your second post here, and I am intrigued about your's.

Your first post makes plain that you believe that ONLY people who have NOT committed Darcy's offences are qualified to contribute.

Your second post infers that those very people cannot have a valid opinion.

I am unsure how one is supposed to debate any matter if these are the rules.

• Like 1

You mention logic in your second post here, and I am intrigued about your's.

Your first post makes plain that you believe that ONLY people who have NOT committed Darcy's offences are qualified to contribute.

Your second post infers that those very people cannot have a valid opinion.

I am unsure how one is supposed to debate any matter if these are the rules.

Let me make my position plain, I feel that Darcy is a very talented individual, who seems unable to use his talent in a meaningful and useful fashion, he has now messed up more than most, but in all honesty will castigating him further make anything better, something constructive like the offers of help seem more to the point. Perhaps my previous comments were too tongue in cheek, but anyway, "bless you my son". And remember "he who casts the first stone"

"He who casts the first stone" has relevance when one individual directly criticises another.

However, in this thread I'd argue the majority of people are making reference to Darcy in his professional capacity and many of them are paying customers. Paying customers have every right to critique what they are paying for.

• Like 4