British Speedway Forum
21st century heathen

Matt Ford To Be Commended

Fully agree 21CH.

Well said Matt Ford, let's hope some assistance can be given to Darcy, it would be a shame to see such talent go to waste.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

Hopefully Ford will have a word with Middlo about his crass comment as well.

Often seen as the villain of the peace Matt Ford is never far from BSF headlines but on this occasion his comments following Ward's latest indiscretion should be commended. He's pretty much got it bang on.

Agreed, I fully applaud him for his comments. What ever you think of MF I would always expect him to say the right thing in these circumstances.

Hopefully Ford will have a word with Middlo about his crass comment as well.

Probably already has!

• Like 2

Well said Ford ..no reason he cant get his visa and continue to ride . he obviously realises that he should not keep breaking the law and will take steps through professional help to make sure it appears he is doing all he can to become a model citizen . no need to ban the lad for 12 months or take any other action Darcy and his psychiatrist are working hard to create the illusion that he really is sorry for his constant misbehaviour :rofl:

• Like 1

It's a fair comment from MF.

I doubt Ward will have any trouble getting back here as we let in worse people.

It's a shame as the lad is probably the most exciting speedway rider since Tomas Gollob.

He does need to be policed here by the speedway authorities as drugs and speedway don't mix.

Fame is a two edged sword and looks like ward is having a bit of trouble.

Let's hope he gets a bit of help and gets this silliness out of him before he ends up speedways version of Gazza.

It's a fair comment from MF.

I doubt Ward will have any trouble getting back here as we let in worse people.

It's a shame as the lad is probably the most exciting speedway rider since Tomas Gollob.

He does need to be policed here by the speedway authorities as drugs and speedway don't mix.

Fame is a two edged sword and looks like ward is having a bit of trouble.

Let's hope he gets a bit of help and gets this silliness out of him before he ends up speedways version of Gazza.

hahahahahahaha.... Do you not know who Emil Sayfudinov is?

Mr Ford is Im sure deeply upset and embarrassed at the unwanted attention events have embroiled him and his management team in through no fault of their own.

I would suggest Mr Ford is echoing the feelings amongst supporters local to Poole for a long time following a series of things.

No one wishes the career of such a talent implode but despite his ability, he has to remember that Mr Ford and ultimately teh fans pay his wages.

He has caused upset and distress by his actions and he owes a great apology. Words are words and action will speak louder.

Many riders Darcy's age would give their right arm for half his talent. They cant earn what he can nor get the support he does to further their career. He has to listen to Mr Ford, Middlo and those that mentor him or we will be reminising on ' Who was that Darcy fella 20 years ago that disappeared back to Oz'.

Mr Ford is right, but if truth be known I dont think he now left with any other options unless Darcy himself switches off the self destruct button.

• Like 1

As someone who is quick to critisize Matt, I'll add that I also think he's handled this as well as he can do.

Amasing how many suddenly change their opinion of Matt. This is something everybody at poole already knows.

Amasing how many suddenly change their opinion of Matt. This is something everybody at poole already knows.

forum gold :)
  • Like 1

hahahahahahaha.... Do you not know who Emil Sayfudinov is?

Your next alias?

• Like 2

Often seen as the villain of the peace Matt Ford is never far from BSF headlines but on this occasion his comments following Ward's latest indiscretion should be commended. He's pretty much got it bang on.

http://www.bournemou...says_boss_Ford/

Well said Matt Ford. Let us hope that Ward is wise and sensible enough to take Matt's advice. I somehow doubt it though. :sad: :sad:

It's 'Amazing' Starman..

Personally my opinion hasn't changed, though I don't think it does any harm to give credit, where credit is due.

Matt Ford, (if he wasn't misquoted) gave a most reasoned response to recent events a la young Darcy and despite the fact he, MF sometimes gets bad press (we all know why), I think it only reasonable to acknowledge things when he does them right..

To finish I do hope that Darcy can sort himself out as I struggle to think of a more talented rider at his young age, at the end of the day though, it's up-to-him.

Having said that, someone posted earlier that the Pawlicki's could replace Darcy and Howarth - if I were a Poole fan, I'd go for that, especially as things are right now..