British Speedway Forum
f-s-p

Finnish News 2013

Yyterispeedway << today >>>, NIke Lunna beat Teemu Lahti and Marko Suojanen for the win. Unfortunately Henri Ahlbom had a tumble on his own, hit the fence and hurt his back. Nothing serious, just shaken... EDIT: I also spoke with Aki-Pekka Mustonen. He had a visit to the doctors this week in Finland and goes again on May 23rd. After xrays then decisions are made how long his layoff will continue. I know that he's given away his quali slot in the WC qualis, cant remember where though. Two minor fractures in vertabraes, one in the neck and one in the back. Didn't blame anyone, it was just a bad day for grasstrack with all the incidents that occurred. WHY CANT I CHANGE LINE WITH THE RETURN KEY ANYMORE!! :mad:

Marko Suojanen FMS 32323 13

Nike Lunna KarMK 33123 12

Niko Siltaniemi HjMK 22332 12

Teemu Lahti KMMK 323d3 11

Joni Keskinen SeMK 22313 11

Herman Kenkkilä SeMK 23231 11

Jooa Partanen KMMK 332d2 10

Vili Mattila KauhjMK 23031 9

Jouni Viljanen PMK 01202 9

Janne Nyman HyMK 11212 7

Jesse Mustonen VRT 11121 6

Aarni Heikkilä HyMK 10R30 4

Jere Lehtonen PMK 00120 3

Jarkko Kunnaskari FMS 01011 3

Henri Ahlbom FMS 1dNNN 1

Erä erältä:

1. Suojanen, Kenkkilä, Ahlbom, Lehtonen 63,41

2. Lunna, Keskinen, Heikkilä 64,88

3. Partanen, Siltaniemi, J.Mustonen, Viljanen 64,85

4. Lahti, Mattila, Nyman, Kunnaskari 66,41

5. Kenkkilä, Siltaniemi, Kunnaskari 65,99

6. Partanen, Keskinen, Nyman, Ahlbom d 66,33

7. Lunna, Lahti, Mustonen, Lehtonen 65,93

8. Mattila, Suojanen, 67,77

9. Keskinen, Kenkkilä, Mustonen, Mattila 68,31

10. Lahti, Viljanen 67,74

11. Siltaniemi, Nyman, Lehtonen, Heikkilä R 67,35

12. Suojanen, Partanen, Lunna, Kunnaskari 65,34

13. Kenkkilä, Lunna, Nyman, Viljanen 66,49

14. Heikkilä, Mustonen, Kunnaskari 68,73

15. Mattila, Lehtonen, Partanen d 69,81

16. Siltaniemi, Suojanen, Keskinen, Lahti d 67,20

17. Lahti, Partanen, Kenkkilä, Heikkilä 68,12

18. Lunna, Siltaniemi, Mattila 66,30

19. Keskinen, Viljanen, Kunnaskari, Lehtonen 71,75

20. Suojanen, Nyman, Mustonen 67,59

Finaali: Lunna, Lahti, Suojanen, Siltaniemi, Keskinen 65,41

Tuomari: Harri Heikkilä, yleisöllä vapaa pääsy.

Edited by f-s-p

Thanks for posting these... I was there on saturday and first third of the meeting. I was quite impressed by Nike Lunna. He looks a good prospect, there's is a lot similar to Kalle Katajisto in his style and hopefully I will see him this thursday on an "easier" track to ride in Pori.

Just came on to post to see if you had any information about this rider as i saw on Sportowefakte he had a great win yesterday too. I see you had already mentioned him in his previous meeting. How highly do you rate his prospects after his latest meeting? Is he likely to seek out further opportunities around Europe? Does Finland have any more potential top riders waiting to come out?

From his Facebook page he looks quite a character, 16 years old with very long blond dreadlocks!

Just came on to post to see if you had any information about this rider as i saw on Sportowefakte he had a great win yesterday too. I see you had already mentioned him in his previous meeting. How highly do you rate his prospects after his latest meeting? Is he likely to seek out further opportunities around Europe? Does Finland have any more potential top riders waiting to come out?

From his Facebook page he looks quite a character, 16 years old with very long blond dreadlocks!

My biggest fear with him is that within a week he's declared missing and the next thing anyone hears of him is that he's scoring double figures for Torun a year from now.

You should read your Spar more precisely, I said my piece in the preview issue. LOL

EDIT: I've said this to a UK promoter once and saying it again now. If you want a 16 year old kid to come over, YOU BETTER SORT EVERYTHING OUT. Just getting him over, paying flights and getting a mechanic for meetings does not mean a kid will enjoy his stay and improve as a rider.

Edited by f-s-p

Lol re Torun.

Ah! ok just read the preview, the season hadn't started yet you know lol.

Lol re Torun.

Ah! ok just read the preview, the season hadn't started yet you know lol.

I've asked around and his background/-people is ok if not good. If he wants speedway, it's his to take. I've spoken to him many time's, "mellow" might sound a bit bad even to my ears, but he just does his business and he's frightenetly (that was misspelled) good for his age!

I've asked around and his background/-people is ok if not good. If he wants speedway, it's his to take. I've spoken to him many time's, "mellow" might sound a bit bad even to my ears, but he just does his business and he's frightenetly (that was misspelled) good for his age!

My God man! stand up and do your duty for your country.......you want him to commit to speedway......it's simple.......show him a picture of the SGP Monster girls!

I dont know if it's official yet, but I'm told our 2nd slot was given away. The way it all has been handled is a disgrace and I'm embarrased, though I have been just a messenger in this thing. :o

I dont know if it's official yet, but I'm told our 2nd slot was given away. The way it all has been handled is a disgrace and I'm embarrased, though I have been just a messenger in this thing. :o

I wonder which federation will get an extra slot ?

Probably Germany, as this happened yesterday or today. Kylmäkorpi on a swedish slot would be a big surprise.

Sure i saw two Finns listed yesterday.As i am off to Czecho monday i was thinking of going via Abensberg...but probably can't persuade my girlfriend to do that.It will be enough to do Divisov for the Czech U21s lol

Sure i saw two Finns listed yesterday.As i am off to Czecho monday i was thinking of going via Abensberg...but probably can't persuade my girlfriend to do that.It will be enough to do Divisov for the Czech U21s lol

U turning in to a regular "meLOVEcz" :lol:

U turning in to a regular "meLOVEcz" :lol:

Ha ha.....i will try and stick a tour of the Pilsner Brewery on the itinery lol.Actually regreting saying yes to this now as i saw that there is a Denmark v Sweden 80cc test at Vojens on monday....i was thinking hard about how i could postpone the holiday for 24 hours lol

At least a beer + speedway holiday in CZ sounds better than some botanical holiday in Italy ha ha