British Speedway Forum
rusky

How Many Heats In A League Meeting ?

Sidney said qualifying for the SGP was a joke because MJJ suffered engine problems in a qualifying round.The question was would this have been different if it was a World Final.

Oops - have I made a boo boo? :shock: :shock:

I would though refer you to Post No. 220. :t:

Sidney you, and others, have banged on for years about how there should be this open to all qualifying that you dreamed once existed despite many people pointing out the flaws in it. You now appear to have totally changed your opinion and realise that qualifying can be a joke process. Fortunately the SGP recognises your point and builds in a facility for such eventualities and allows the likes of Ward, clearly good enough but failed to qualify, to take a place in the series. Or is it just qualifiers for the SGP that are a joke, if it had happened in an old Inter Continental Final it would be fine

Why wasn't MJJ ? I am not a fan he is a world class rider like Ward might need to put in another year to sort himself team wise equipment wise but should be no question unless thisyear he is a disaster which he won't be he is world class.I am not a mega fan but he is a good rider and even if he was half hearted would be able to compete no worries.

Why wasn't MJJ ? I am not a fan he is a world class rider like Ward might need to put in another year to sort himself team wise equipment wise but should be no question unless thisyear he is a disaster which he won't be he is world class.I am not a mega fan but he is a good rider and even if he was half hearted would be able to compete no worries.

And if he has a season this year like Ward did last year then even if he fails in the qualification process he will be considered for a wildcard. He is a good rider I agree, not world class though, not yet and that final breakthrough from very good to truly world class is a very hard one to make, time will tell

Go on then, point out some of this abuse. I can find posts from GRW and yourself which have been abusive but none containing abuse aimed at yourselves from anyone. People disagreed with him, he had a little paddy and stormed off, you think thats coming out of it very well!!!!

He acted like a humane guy, i am not worried about what abuse i get so what!i think you lot went way over the top.Because you and a few others are always right no real debate you need to av a think and compromise.GR i can identify with we might not always agree we haven't on every issue but he respects everyone's view unlike some.

Sidney, Nobody has abused GRW. Pointing out that someone is making incorrect statements, is not abusing anyone, its educating. It's sad to say that the only abuse and childish behaviour on this thread has come from yourself and GRW, the very two people stamping their feet and complaining about it. You've gone round in circles so many times on the thread its unbelievable.

Incorrect what a total load of crap, you especially have been made to look a total mug.Nothing new your way or no way no respect flexibility or having any respect for anyone else,s views.I don't mind,that is a weakness of yours you never praise or say oh that was a great idea whatever.I respect people who see from all sides, you do not , GR is a decent man and he has a lot of knowledge which I've learned loads off don't think Ive learned much off of you maybe how to be arrogant!!

Sidney said qualifying for the SGP was a joke because MJJ suffered engine problems in a qualifying round.The question was would this have been different if it was a World Final.

DId I ever mention about the old world final! Then that was the rules don't TWIST things Oldace you are mega talented at that. The old days a ef might of cost you last year Jensen had one nightmare meeting had an outstanding year him and Vaciliev won a GP you said they are not world class.Ask those 2 blokes they both no they can turn up and be competetive and win Why because they have done it before.

sid - are you denying that you have repeatedly complained about the inferiority of the current system vs the old, that you have labelled it a closed shop, that a rider like mike lee might not get a chance like he did as a teenager?

and the argument presented against that has been that the current system is fairer as it means a top rider will not neccesarily miss out just because of one bad meeeting?

yet now you are labelling the knock out quification system a joke because mjj was eliminated after scoring 0 points?

noone is denying mjj is a good rider. however, you seem to define world class as being able to beat the worlds best. others believe it also requires being able to do so consistently, which mjj does not yet do, as evidenced by his averages.

by the same token i also would not yet call tai world class

Sidney, try and make a post without abusing someone.

Also, if you wish to be taken seriously, let's have some consistency in your points.

I can clearly remember on another thread not so long ago you ranting and raving that there were no young riders in the sport to replace the old guard.... now all of a sudden you're ranting on that these young riders (who you dismissed when we mentioned them) are already world class...

This confuses me... as you tell us that results/averages etc have no bearing in your opinion of how good a rider is.. you have this 'gift' of just spotting a rider.. seems that gift had failed you this time last year and now its funnily enough a select few 'results' that have made you decide they are World Class....

You gotta laugh don't you. I think Sidney forgets what he has posted from one day to the next. Bad luck trying to qualify for a world final, like Olsen in 76, PC in 78 etc is ok but if it is in a SGP round the whole thing is a joke.

I remember do you! Wouldn't be so bad if you had your own opinion you never have on your own! you are as Parsloes said and is so right you just join in with a pack of Wolves.Have a opinion man on your own have conviction you never will .Why because deep down you are alrite with a group, on your own you are out of your depth!GR out of his depth what a joke he knows more in his little toe than you will ever Know and he dosen,t act superior like YOU.!

BWitcher don't get above yourself! stick to the basics mate don't talk down speak on a par and respect everyone,s opinion then you won't go far wrong.

If we knew what your opinion was, it might help.

Sadly it changes as often as the sun sets.

You can't even seem to decide if we have opinions or not. One post you are ranting that we are trying to force our opinion on to you and that we are saying that only our opinion is right..... the next you're ranting we haven't got an opinion and we have no conviction to have one!

Now, why don't you calm down, go make yourself a cuppa, stop randomly abusing people for no apparent reason and look forward to the 1st GP later tonight.

Edited by BWitcher

If we knew what your opinion was, it might help.

Sadly it changes as often as the sun sets. Again Sidney, try and post without abusing people.

Not abuse the truth, take a deep breath everyone else has a worthwhile input respect that because whoever that is your view is not set in stone.

Not abuse the truth, take a deep breath everyone else has a worthwhile input respect that because whoever that is your view is not set in stone.

There's only one person ranting Sidney... perhaps you're just talking to yourself again here... it is the first sign and all that :lol:

There's only one person ranting Sidney... perhaps you're just talking to yourself again here... it is the first sign and all that :lol:

Come on folks - calm down. This Forum is supposed to be FUN!!!

Come on folks - calm down. This Forum is supposed to be FUN!!!

It is fun WK..

Everyone is calm, bar Sidney it seems.. 5.5 hours to go to some top quality speedway action :)

It is fun WK..

Everyone is calm, bar Sidney it seems.. 5.5 hours to go to some top quality speedway action :)

Looking forward to it BW - even though, as you know, I'm not keen on the System. It will be GREAT to be watching Speedway again. :t::approve: :approve:

• Like 1

Sorry tnite should be great have done Holder and Iversen against the field WARD could be a threat!

• Like 2