British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Sheffield 30th March

From my visit last season I thought it was a really nice set -up and the amenities that were in place were fine,the racing was ok but the i critsism I would have is considering it started from a blank sheet of paper I think the track could have been a lot better shape which is a pity.Scunthorpe and Somerset seemed to have gor it right IMO dont know why Leicester could not have followed suit. Time will tell IMO

• Like 1

It's more than a couple of feet and Screeny, despite what the Screen world expert robert says,. Joe never left the new brown stuff that has been used as the infill. As you will know, the original surface is more small chippings than shale, and was very dusty, but the new stuff is a brown shale and a totally different material and colour.

Its not more than a couple of feet. I was there when it was all pegged out. look at those youtube video of the work happening and the practice session with the alterations off limits. You know, i went to the practice that started a couple of hours after they started work on bend 1 and 2. If you're not sure which one i mean, it was the practice that happened just after the work got finished!.. Genuinely, PM me and tell me if all your posts on this page are tongue in cheek as they are so wide of the mark i find it impossible to tell whether you are winding everyone up or not. and i don't want to be part of it it if you are.. and i'm not joking either!

eandom recall.. I also went to the practice that happened after they had done 3 and 4 and sat there for 20 minutes on bend 3 listening to the hilarious conversation between the 2 red flag staff on bend bend 3 discussing whether they had or had not seen a slightly different line appearing on the entry. You had to be there i guess, but trust me, genuinely funny and i don't think anyone was the wiser when i walked away, me included. I'm still not.

Stadium is great though. Can't comment on new toilet block though as i'm only mid forties and now and again can still make a whole two hours without the need to go. Worryingly much less so than my thirties though.

Mick.

Its not more than a couple of feet. I was there when it was all pegged out. look at those youtube video of the work happening and the practice session with the alterations off limits. You know, i went to the practice that started a couple of hours after they started work on bend 1 and 2. If you're not sure which one i mean, it was the practice that happened just after the work got finished!.. Genuinely, PM me and tell me if all your posts on this page are tongue in cheek as they are so wide of the mark i find it impossible to tell whether you are winding everyone up or not. and i don't want to be part of it it if you are.. and i'm not joking either!

eandom recall.. I also went to the practice that happened after they had done 3 and 4 and sat there for 20 minutes on bend 3 listening to the hilarious conversation between the 2 red flag staff on bend bend 3 discussing whether they had or had not seen a slightly different line appearing on the entry. You had to be there i guess, but trust me, genuinely funny and i don't think anyone was the wiser when i walked away, me included. I'm still not.

Stadium is great though. Can't comment on new toilet block though as i'm only mid forties and now and again can still make a whole two hours without the need to go. Worryingly much less so than my thirties though.

Mick.

A rather dissapointing post for me this , you have given Tsunami a get out of jail free card by asking if it was a wind up , of course he will now try to claim that it was all a wind up , after initially running off at the mouth trying to look clever blew up in his face ,

It's more than a couple of feet and Screeny, despite what the Screen world expert robert says,. Joe never left the new brown stuff that has been used as the infill. As you will know, the original surface is more small chippings than shale, and was very dusty, but the new stuff is a brown shale and a totally different material and colour.

How did Joe get around the apex? There isn't any alteration whatsoever there at all. Did he use the recently imported special super deep fairy dust to float over the apex before plopping back down in the 'Brown stuff on the other side'. Just trying to get a picture in my mind of how his rides looked. Without having been there you'll understand my difficulty in really picturing it.

Edited by volty

Mick.

Mick. If you want to think my posts are a windup, well that's your perogative. :D

Mick. If you want to think my posts are a windup, well that's your perogative. :D

You are a tease. Anyways, i've re-read what you wrote, I applied the balance of probability that a sane man may believe all you have written, then divided it by the plausibility of the vast majority of your assumptions and it came up with '100% wind up' , but then i'd only gone and not factored in the promoters union which then turned the whole damn equation on it's head.. dang!.

Mick.

• Like 2

cheers for the like dave, I'm now off to the next thread. I admit defeat to you on this one and whilst those four likes to that post remain from the anti anti's i think i also bow down to you as possibly the king of this BSF :cry: . or not, im still undecided, to be honest you're scaring me!

Edited by volty

Loving the humour that's now been applied to a Leicester thread. :lol: A refreshing change!

Tsunami. I can't ever recall £6m being quoted anywhere so what made you post that? If you lived down here you'd know that £4.5m was the figure regularly published in the Leicester Mercury in all their articles on the new speedway, 5-a-side football and cycling facility called The Beaumont Sports Complex. Presently, with it being solely a speedway track surrounded by a mud heap, the reality was/is a fraction of that.

Edited by LionsDen
  • Like 1

If you lived down here you'd know that £4.5m was the figure regularly published in the Leicester Mercury in all their articles on the new speedway, 5-a-side football and cycling facility called The Beaumont Sports Complex. Presently, with it being solely a speedway track surrounded by a mud heap, the reality was/is a fraction of that.

Ah ha; finally sussed it. They started on the cycling facility? Well that seems to explain the criticism of the glorified cycle speedway track. All makes sense now!

Oops, I'll just crawl away to my 'track in a field' to drink my Zider.

Edited by Willowman

Tsunami if your post was to have been believed then you shouldnt of gone too OTT