British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robert72

Leicester V Scunthorpe Sat 6th April 7.30pm Plus Track & Toilet Debates

The result tonight sets things up nicely for the meeting at Sheffield on Thursday.

Lets hope there is a bumper crowd with lots of travelling Leicester fans to generate an electric atmosphere.

I think you can be sure of that :t:

My first visitor as a spectator to leiester tonight. Got to say what a clean and tidy fabulous facility it is .everything about the place is spot on .nice touch to interview the riders in the middle of the supporters at end of meeting. It was well run and even the car park attendant said goodnight to us on the way out . (i could name one track where you would be lucky to not get insulted on your way out). The little things do matter and i think leicester do a grand job

Same here. First visit and very impressed with the set up, also got a goodnight from the car park staff. Pretty slick presentation too. Overall, not sure about the track - maybe the excitement of supporting my team took a bit away from the experience. Will give it a few more visits though.

One downer was the fact that for me and my two kids (10 and 7) it was more expensive than going to Wolves!

Track shape again showed its not going to work even though the surface was spot on tonight. You only had to look at the riders trying everything to pass and its near on impossible unless a mistake is made.

I was shocked when they decided to have an interval, it was freezing by then and there was no need for it, also a group of us were intending on watching the youngsters ride but there was too much messing around with the first team and chit chat, too cold for hanging around so we sadly gave it a miss.

Heard lots of moans about the toilets again and the wait,You have to question the promotion and there lack of organisation as it has so much potential at BP but badly run.

I must say the man in the middle got right on my nerves today, loves the sound of his own voice and a yes man.

Great win for the lions and looking forward to going to a proper racetrack on thursday and seeing the lions win away :)

I think the the chap on the centre green hit the nail on the head when there was a pass on the last bend and he described it as one of the best races ever seen!!.......it's cr ap, the track is simply sh y t e....such a shame as its a wonderfull,clean smart stadium,everything about it is brilliant except that god awfull track...why to they constantly grade the life out of it,it's killing it,seems to make a bit of dirt then out he comes with the tractor....game over!!

Fair play to MK back and straight on the pace,and baby Bjerre looked really good,Lions will take some beating around there this year..good team

The 5-1's in 6, 9 and 13 killed Scunny,Birks again very good as was Jorgensen,MPT battled away also,

£18 with a program is just to much for PL speedway also

Edited by montie
  • Like 2

Yep your right £18 is a lot that's £36 for me that's why I cannot go as Often as me and the mrs want. And yes the track is crap like the knob who built it but he will never listen as he knows best

Track shape again showed its not going to work even though the surface was spot on tonight. You only had to look at the riders trying everything to pass and its near on impossible unless a mistake is made.

I was shocked when they decided to have an interval, it was freezing by then and there was no need for it, also a group of us were intending on watching the youngsters ride but there was too much messing around with the first team and chit chat, too cold for hanging around so we sadly gave it a miss.

Heard lots of moans about the toilets again and the wait,You have to question the promotion and there lack of organisation as it has so much potential at BP but badly run.

I must say the man in the middle got right on my nerves today, loves the sound of his own voice and a yes man.

Great w

in for the lions and looking forward to going to a proper racetrack on thursday and seeing the lions win away :)

Sorry Robert, but as I remember. Sheffield is purely turn the taps on and go, As I remember.the only overtakes were by the Sheffield riders. Mind you, the last time I was there was in 1983. I don't suppose it has changed much from the videos I've

seen.

Quick comment on Sheffield's FREE programme. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolute rubbish.

seen

Sorry Robert, but as I remember. Sheffield is purely turn the taps on and go, As I remember.the only overtakes were by the Sheffield riders. Mind you, the last time I was there was in 1983. I don't suppose it has changed much from the videos I've

seen.

Quick comment on Sheffield's FREE programme. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolute rubbish.

seen

Better than £3 full of adverts!!!!¬

Edited by Hel'n'Back

seen.

seen

How could you have seen the free programme at Sheffield if you have not been since 1983?

• Like 1

I think the the chap on the centre green hit the nail on the head when there was a pass on the last bend and he described it as one of the best races ever seen!!.......it's cr ap, the track is simply sh y t e....

whilst i will never see a genuine pass on bends 1 & 2 if i live to be a 100 years old, it's that bad, I did think there were some decent passes on 3 & 4 tonight. Totally agree about best races ever though. It was Bjerre overtaking Palm Toft for christ sake. I might do a 1/2 bend overtaking count for the season. so far 90 post first corner laps 0 genuine overtakes.

A question for Methanol fans, I do wonder what Popple is doing back out presenting. He appears to have changed nothing about his style whatsoever and i did wonder if he was giving all his and Darcy's detractors another one of his 'up yours' tonight by reverting right back to cartchphrase type and also mentioning the 'Dave Darcy' stand to death. I think he'd be far wiser to realise the opinion most people have on both and to adjust his pitch to suit.

Sorry Robert, but as I remember. Sheffield is purely turn the taps on and go, As I remember.the only overtakes were by the Sheffield riders.

It's a bit like Peterborough and in that if prepared right can serve up fantastic racing but can have that futility about it as an away supporter when it's over deep and set up for huge outside runs by riders used to these tracks. I remember some painful nights in the 80s / 90s as Long Eaton visited both tracks, watching home riders hammering it round the edge and making half a corner every bend. I guess it would have been fun if i was a Tigers or Panthers supporter though!

That Leicester meeting last year when Bjerre was awesome took me right back down memory lane :cry:

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

Was not there but updates seemed to indicate no passing. Is that right Lions fans ?

Great stadium but i've been there twice and hardly seen a proper race.

Too cold for my kids so missed the second half junior meeting. Interesting to see ex Newport promoter Nick Mallett riding. Just wondered whether he managed to set the stadium on fire with his performance or not?

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

seen

What do you expect for nothing ?

I'd say its a matter of individual choice, but personally I'd rather get a programme like Sheffield's or Scunthorpe's than pay £3 for Leicester's, a quarter of which is adverts.

My first visitor as a spectator to leiester tonight. Got to say what a clean and tidy fabulous facility it is .everything about the place is spot on .nice touch to interview the riders in the middle of the supporters at end of meeting. It was well run and even the car park attendant said goodnight to us on the way out . (i could name one track where you would be lucky to not get insulted on your way out). The little things do matter and i think leicester do a grand job

While what you say is true, its all virtually for nothing if the racing is poor. Wrap a dog turd in a shiny wrapper and its still a dog turd.

How do you think the guys on the centre green felt - they were freezing as well. I think that they deserved a break and a warm drink.

Better than £3 full of adverts!!!!¬

Leicester v Scunthorpe Programme last night had 25 and 3/4 Pages of editorial articles (80.46%) and only 6 and 1/4 pages of Adverts actually !

Sorry to interrupt the conversation with Facts :lol::party: