British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vues National Speedway Stadium

Let's hope your guess is incorrect.

Pretty certain you'll get a brick back lol.

I bought a brick with my name printed in it and im a bricklayer.most I,ve ever paid for a brick.

The delays are ridiculous. No money to build it is my guess.

THE money is assured and in place. It would never have got this far through all the hoops set by the City authorities without being sure of that.

I guess there will be a full report in the Star on the matter then?

AS and when ...

THE money is assured and in place. It would never have got this far through all the hoops set by the City authorities without being sure of that.

Are you sure? This implies that further approvals are required before the full funding is agreed:

In terms of bringing forward a comprehensive programme of works to deliver all of the proposals there are a number of factors influencing and shaping that ambition. Further design work is required to develop the Speedway Stadium, the National Basketball Centre and the playing fields and it is not possible to agree a detailed and final funding package for all of the proposals. It is therefore proposed that the fee costs to develop these schemes are approved at this stage, with detailed investment cases based on developed designs and including detailed costing / funding proposals being the subject of further approvals from the Executive as and when they are available. The fee costs up to contract stage are estimated to be £0.49m.

Taken from the Manchester City Council Report for Resolution presented to the Executive Committee on 10 April 2013, with my emphasis.

AS sure as I can be...

unlike some doom mongers on here your word is good enough for me.

Do you get the feeling Mr R that some folk think everything's your fault

This is another prime story of wider interest to the sport that could be examined, but it would seem that we have to wait for regurgitated official announcements.

unlike some doom mongers on here your word is good enough for me.

He brings in on himself on this subject ..telling people it's 100 % going to happen when it's very unlikely . he's putting people away .

He brings in on himself on this subject ..telling people it's 100 % going to happen when it's very unlikely . he's putting people away .

random bloke or journalist with inside knowledge, mmmm.....

Surely that will make it all the more embarassing when it doesnt happen

random bloke or journalist with inside knowledge, mmmm.....

What's the point of having inside knowledge if you can't tell anyone anything until an official announcement is made?

Journalism used to be about finding stories and breaking the news first.

I bought a brick with my name printed in it and im a bricklayer.most I,ve ever paid for a brick.

The engraving of the bricks must be expensive as your average brick retails at about 35/40 pence if bought in baulk. The Belle Vue bricks retail at £49

Expect a press release tomorrow. Whenever this thread gets dragged out a press release always miraculously apears.