British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roger Jacobs

Ipswich V Scunthorpe (pl) - Thursday, 18 April 2013 @ 19:30

Have you forgotten last season when this EXACT same thing happened and the same comments were made about the same management team??

Yes....

Yes....

Plymouth I think it was?

I recall the two Plymouth fans (like the two Scunthorpe fans last night) were not impressed.

While undoubtably passionate for me Godfrey's comments are ill advised, the meeting was called off by a referee after all. And isn't Bob Ellis one of the best track men in the business? Worth considering also that weather can affect different tracks in different ways, the Foxhole is quite literally in a hole while Scunny is open to the elements and surely dries out much quicker, and is their drainage not the best around?

i was there

im an ipswich fan

that track was rideable - maybe not raceable

seen racing at foxhall many times in a lot worse conditions over the years.

personally it should have gone ahead. people will say we wouldnt have got great racing and their right but that isnt the point.

if that was a sky meeting it would have ran simple ...........................how dare you suggest such things..

http://www.worldspee...cle_22921.shtml

Completely ambiguos statement from Chris Louis on the postponement. No thought or care for the public at all. Rob Godfrey doesn't know what he is talking about, Chris Loiuis does as he rode for twenty years at a hundred different tracks but he wasn't fussed if it was on or not.

Well Mr Louis i am sure that the fans who took time off work and wasted petrol on their journey from Scunthorpe weren't very happy. Then again i doubt Mr Lous has never had to pay to watch speedway in his life. Last night is one of the reasons speedway is in a downward spiral. Shame on Ipswich Speedway

...................................depends whether it was wet or not!!

While undoubtably passionate for me Godfrey's comments are ill advised, the meeting was called off by a referee after all. And isn't Bob Ellis one of the best track men in the business? Worth considering also that weather can affect different tracks in different ways, the Foxhole is quite literally in a hole while Scunny is open to the elements and surely dries out much quicker, and is their drainage not the best around?

...................not to mention the fact that it has the advantage of one of the only hot air drying units in use in this country and very effective it is too.

So, barring injuries Ipswich will face Scunthorpe in the re-staging a stronger looking side than the one which would have taken to the track last Thursday. Still, if the track is "waterlogged" what can you do...