British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Berwick V Edinburgh (league Cup) 20/4/13 @ 7pm

Well anyone with half a brain can see that it is a dangerous move . For the life of me i can't understand why the promoters have potentially made the sport more dangerous just for the sake of saving a few quid .

Totally agree with you Paul, hence the praise to Fredrk for doing something about it in at least one team, Berwick Bandits.

Edberg is a good guy and a good rider who has given his all to the Berwick team and im sure his family have supported Berwick speedway in more ways than one, the guy is just low on confidence and needs the fans to get behind him (which im sure the majority of them will), what he doesnt need is some small minority of fat hillbillys on the exit of 2nd bend shouting abuse at him, the same so called fans who shouted abuse at Bellego last season when he arrived at Berwick and who are now his biggest fans. And so what if Edberg is scared, id be sh***ing myself if id been in the accidents he had been in and going round a track as fast as berwick.

Edited by OBSCENESPEEDWAY
  • Like 1

Yeah of course he was scared, you could see in his Body language when riding the bike that he wasn't interested, didnt want to mix it on the first bend. Yet despite the obvious he's jeered and sworn at by the usual fools on the entry to the back straight, the same ones that would probobly have his babies if he won a race! Talk about getting behind the riders! Shout words of incouragement and he might just get going, you lot just make these guys feel worse than they allready do.

I like this post!!!

These folk don't deserve the time my fingers have put in to discuss them, but they are class a co*ks...the guys on the exit of 2nd bend?? The ones with sheep for wives and turnips in the pantry?

• Like 1

This is simple, Fredrik is simply a very generous man who cares about speedway, not only did he purchase the racesuits, but he is paying for the riders bonus points. He thought that not paying the bonus points and making team riders race against each other was a dangerous move.

Is this not confidential information that you yet again feel the need to spout off about on a public forum? have you actually asked the permission of either party to spout off in public their private business? if indeed the information is correct and not a figment of your over active imagination... YOU REALLY ARE SOME CARD MIND...

• Like 1

Is this not confidential information that you yet again feel the need to spout off about on a public forum? have you actually asked the permission of either party to spout off in public their private business? if indeed the information is correct and not a figment of your over active imagination... YOU REALLY ARE SOME CARD MIND...

You are spot on. So what if someone pays bonus points as a sponsorship? Its no ones business as I imagine other clubs do it.
  • Like 2

You are spot on. So what if someone pays bonus points as a sponsorship? Its no ones business as I imagine other clubs do it.

Exactly!! the man it absolutely pathetic.. like you say sponsorship is between private individuals and should be kept that way its no one elses business...

• Like 1

I thought everyone knew. :lol:

Edberg is a good guy and a good rider who has given his all to the Berwick team and im sure his family have supported Berwick speedway in more ways than one, the guy is just low on confidence and needs the fans to get behind him (which im sure the majority of them will), what he doesnt need is some small minority of fat hillbillys on the exit of 2nd bend shouting abuse at him, the same so called fans who shouted abuse at Bellego last season when he arrived at Berwick and who are now his biggest fans. And so what if Edberg is scared, id be sh***ing myself if id been in the accidents he had been in and going round a track as fast as berwick.

Edbergs performance was dire last saturday,he looked uninterested and slow.Must admit I didnt hear and abuse towards Edberg but Im not excatly close to my friends over on the exit of turn two,who you and Teal choose to abuse.

I thought everyone knew. :lol:

Not even remotely funny! this has been said for no other reason than to cause mischief and i am sorry but if you really do think Taffy comeing out with stuff like this while some supporters are casting aspertions on the reason why Alex has a team place is funny then you are every bit as bad as he is...

• Like 2

I always like the Berwick threads,they`re so entertaining...

• Like 4

Not even remotely funny! this has been said for no other reason than to cause mischief and i am sorry but if you really do think Taffy comeing out with stuff like this while some supporters are casting aspertions on the reason why Alex has a team place is funny then you are every bit as bad as he is...

Oh for goodness sake have a word with yourself,I wouldnt know of any arrangement between our promotion and Edbergs dad,and in truth care even less.His Edbergs points or lack of that my main worry.

In reality it is matterless whether its about suits or bonus points the fact is that the fans could see that was not Alex riding and after his two crashes I wouldn't be watching far less sitting on a bike but as we all know if that is how he feels then he is either going to do himself further damage or someone else neither of which is acceptable and needs to be remedied before to long. Another worry is Ricky who may need some time to get back to himself do we make changes now or wait is the question? Fisher , Tressariu, Wolbert, North Sky awaits you.

In reality it is matterless whether its about suits or bonus points the fact is that the fans could see that was not Alex riding and after his two crashes I wouldn't be watching far less sitting on a bike but as we all know if that is how he feels then he is either going to do himself further damage or someone else neither of which is acceptable and needs to be remedied before to long. Another worry is Ricky who may need some time to get back to himself do we make changes now or wait is the question? Fisher , Tressariu, Wolbert, North Sky awaits you.

Im quite happy to go with guests to cover Ashworth,Alden stepped in last week and theres no reason why the club shouldnt call on his services again.

If there is a crisis of confidence with Edberg then it may be better for him and the club to stand down untill he finds his feet again,though how he goes about that is another matter,time on the bike would seem the natural thing but right now thats where the difficulty lies,and a ready replacement isnt obvious to me given the averages.

To sum up Id stick with Edberg,and hope he comes through this by scoring points for Berwick.

In respect of Ricky Ashworth, the obvious answer is to ask Seb to help out as a temporary "injury replacement"?

He surely owes the club that much?

Edited by Boobs

Oh for goodness sake have a word with yourself,I wouldnt know of any arrangement between our promotion and Edbergs dad,and in truth care even less.His Edbergs points or lack of that my main worry.

Its you who should be having a word with your sh*t stirring pal in the little clock shop, i am pleased you dont care about any arrangements with Edbergs dad same as me on that point because it is none of my business or anyone elses but even you must realise if we are to stick with Alex casting aspertions like this will only dent the lads confidence even further. He needs the supporters behind him not on his back for what its worth i also thought Alex was pants on Saturday night but he dont need it rubbed in, leave him alone it will come back..

• Like 2

I can't believe Alex is getting questioned, after one bad home meeting.

He's taken some decent scalps this season already, not bad for his first few meetings back from injury.

Riders should expect a bit of critical encouragement if they are having a bad one, that is the nature of being a sportsman.

However, they shouldn't expect abuse.

I didn't hear any, but it seems clear it occurred in some areas.

My goodness, there is some crap on here mind.

Taffy back trying to increase his appendage, I see..

Its you who should be having a word with your sh*t stirring pal in the little clock shop, i am pleased you dont care about any arrangements with Edbergs dad same as me on that point because it is none of my business or anyone elses but even you must realise if we are to stick with Alex casting aspertions like this will only dent the lads confidence even further. He needs the supporters behind him not on his back for what its worth i also thought Alex was pants on Saturday night but he dont need it rubbed in, leave him alone it will come back..

You did say clock, didn't you?

• Like 1