British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Rye House Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sunday 21st April At 3p.m.

Just back from a weekend away and nobody started a thread . Anyway i've heard the score from last night , so this has become little more than a Challenge match now . Let us , at least , put on a winning performance today to set us up for the League starting next week .

I enjoyed that today , even though we were basically out before the meeting started , Good confidence building scores from our two new Aussies and entertaining and brave riding from the visiting Jason Garrity and Tyson Nelson . A heavy shower half way through threatened to spoil things , but on the whole it was a pretty entertaining meeting with close , exciting racing .

Garrity was excellent for Rye House, got stuck right in with some great passing, just what you need to light up what was a foregone conclusion with the KOC. All the early heat winners came from gate 4, just coincidence or the way the track has changed? The two new Aussies looked not bad today, though we will come up against stronger reserves in future. Redcar next Sunday, hopefully Kus retains his place, they could do with another confidence booster at home! And why does the enter key no longer work when posting?

Good win for Glasgow and good to see Ringwood & Horwood getting in the points, really struggling away from home but im sure they will improve as the season goes on.

• Like 1

Another entertaining meeting with plenty going on in most races, especially when Jason Garrity was involved, despite poor weather before and during the racing. OK so we took a helluva beating on the road, but as far as meetings at ashfield go, if they are anything like the first 2, then we have a far superior racetrack on our hands. well done to our new Aussies on an encouraging showing too!!!!!

• Like 1

I thought it was a pretty entertaining meeting for a dead rubber. Quite a bit of passing, most of it done by the visitors. The pick of the passing for me being Nelson's blast round Grieves on bends 1&2.

Two meetings into the new season and its already clear that the track changes have had the desired effect.

I expected much more of Mellgren and Lykke who must both have returned pretty much their worst scores of the season. On the other hand, for the Tigers Joey & Harley looked quite solid and showed some decent gating at times.

• Like 1

I expected much more of Mellgren and Lykke who must both have returned pretty much their worst scores of the season. On the other hand, for the Tigers Joey & Harley looked quite solid and showed some decent gating at times.

I think you'll see a different side to Mellgren & Lykke in a meaningful meeting in decent conditions.

I think you'll see a different side to Mellgren & Lykke in a meaningful meeting in decent conditions.

i think its time you wind your neck in ok we rode rubbish on saturday so are you going to post snide comments all season you guys never travelled well did you?
  • Like 2

i think its time you wind your neck in ok we rode rubbish on saturday so are you going to post snide comments all season you guys never travelled well did you?

Calm down . Rye fans are perfectly entitled to feel a bit short changed after our efforts there , that could very easily become a recurring story this season , but Sunday's performance certainly was heartening . I don't necessarily buy into the " Rye were riding within themselves " theory as there was still money to be earned .

But i'm sorry Rye have actually been pretty decent around our place in the Ashfield era , none more so than the last time they ejected us from the KO Cup in 2005 .

Calm down Jock. By meaningful I meant that we were so far ahead you can't blame some of our guys for easing up on the throttle. Nothing to do with how crap your side was on Saturday, although they were really crap.

Looking forward to turning you over in the league match up there

Edited by Shadders

If you come up for that meeting shadders i will buy you a pint.

Doubt I'll make it, can't get any leave from work in July & August.