British Speedway Forum
robert72

Message To The Leicester Promotor

The thing is, that it is the same 10 or 12 people posting the same thing over and over again. It would be nice to hear from others with their opinions.

Personally I don't think the crowds are decreasing weekly. It was always going to find a level and that's where it is now. Sure it's disappointing when you constantly read how good the meetings are at Somerset, Scunthorpe etc. but we have what we have for now.

I will keep supporting the Lions week in week out because I am fortunate to be able to. I still feel the excitement on a Saturday evening and still get a lot from it too.

I don't know DH but let's face it, he is a successful business man and he has the right to conduct his business how he feels it should be done. It is up to him as to the success of the club and if it starts to loose money he will have to do something about it. ( make alterations/ sell up).

Lets put this topic to bed, its getting boring reading the same posts and try and be more positive about the Lions. Nothing has been said about the club record set last week as to longest winning run.

• Like 3

Stop replying would be the best wag to stop it!!!

• Like 1

you know what happend last time Glyn spoke out of turn on a forum/ social network site.

He's probably took the opportunity to go on holiday whilst he's waiting for some new equipment to turn up!

There must be a reason why he hasn't been on to give his version of why the track was allowed to be like that last saturday. He's clearly (and rightly) a very proud man when it comes to his tracks and his reputation for making a safe racing track for the riders and i do find it strange that he hasn't been on to tell us why it was like it was. As many have alluded to, it doesn't take Morse to work out what happened and why the track was like it was but i'm sure there are still a few who aren't seeing the forest for the trees. Something clearly amiss last week.

Can i just finish by saying, loads of wins in a row though, good times!

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

you know what happend last time Glyn spoke out of turn on a forum/ social network site.

Yes hemsley sacked him,but then i have never known an aussie to keep quiet and when people are saying how bad glyns track was last week i find it hard that he hasnt defended himself on why the track was that bad,that is if he thought it was bad. I am sure hemsley would disagree with everyone and say the track was as smooth as a snooker table,lol

Wake me up when this thread has died will you. Even better wake me up if someone posts something that isn't predictable. Thanks. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

Wake me up when this thread has died will you. Even better wake me up if someone posts something that isn't predictable. Thanks. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

I agree it's a shame when you come on BSF and are forced by virtue of your membership to read threads that are not of interest to you and where people are debating things you would rather not be forced to read , I can see how it must spoil your enjoyment of the BSF , maybe you could lobby along with your compadre Oneandtwohalfwits to become moderators, Then any threads you find boring you can just delete , or if that's too much trouble , perhaps you should just stop reading threads you are not interested in I cant see the moderators having time to check whether you have read all the threads so they are unlikely to take action against you if you don't , maybe you and oneandtwohalfwits could start your own thread about something interesting to you or for that matter one that is any of your business. Wake me up when Elephantman has died or better still when he posts something interesting .. Thanks ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lets put this topic to bed, its getting boring reading the same posts and try and be more positive about the Lions. Nothing has been said about the club record set last week as to longest winning run.

Must admit, when I heard that on the radio last week it did make me smile.

Whilst it's a very praiseworthy run of wins, it's not really comparable to anything earlier than the re-opening in 2011. Those of us who aren't 'newbies' will remember that the original Leicester Lions were a top flight team from when they started in 1968 right through to Blackbird Road's closure in 1983, a period when it was a much tougher and more competitive era for speedway in the UK. This 'record' is only relevant over the last 2 and a bit seasons and should be quantified with "at second tier level". Really it's just a nice bit of PR 'gloss' from Corporal Jones. That said, I guess there's no harm in fans taking comfort from it in the face of so much criticism surrounding the promoter, the track and so on.

I agree it's a shame when you come on BSF and are forced by virtue of your membership to read threads that are not of interest to you and where people are debating things you would rather not be forced to read , I can see how it must spoil your enjoyment of the BSF , maybe you could lobby along with your compadre Oneandtwohalfwits to become moderators, Then any threads you find boring you can just delete , or if that's too much trouble , perhaps you should just stop reading threads you are not interested in I cant see the moderators having time to check whether you have read all the threads so they are unlikely to take action against you if you don't , maybe you and oneandtwohalfwits could start your own thread about something interesting to you or for that matter one that is any of your business. Wake me up when Elephantman has died or better still when he posts something interesting .. Thanks ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Your response is so typical of a few people who post about Leicester; there is no doubt that there is personal animosity driving some of the posts and it is clear that this minority are determined to keep this worthless thread going. There is an old saying, "if you've got nothing positive to say, say nothing". You should apply your own approach to attending Leicester if it is as bad as some of you indicate; stop attending. You don't debate anything on this thread; you just whinge!
  • Like 1

Your response is so typical of a few people who post about Leicester; there is no doubt that there is personal animosity driving some of the posts and it is clear that this minority are determined to keep this worthless thread going. There is an old saying, "if you've got nothing positive to say, say nothing". You should apply your own approach to attending Leicester if it is as bad as some of you indicate; stop attending. You don't debate anything on this thread; you just whinge!

Nothing like a good whinge though - is there? :blink::nono:

So why do you bother coming on this thread ?

you could apply your own approach If you have nothing relevant to say then butt out . those of us who wish to post personal animosity , negative comments whingeing or even just plain Bullsh1t have every right to continue without your unecessary input thank you , bog off and police some other thread and leave us to post on this one ,

bog off :rofl: and police some other thread and leave us to post on this one ,

You really do have an elegant tern of fraise, combined with a true mastery of the written word.

• Like 2

I don't understand it I had an elderly Aunt from Leicester and she was normal so I know it's nothing in the water. Are you sure you whingers are actually from Leicester?

Especially when it's about the track at the Cardiff GP, eh?

Are you following me LL - I am so flattered. :wink::t::rofl: :rofl: