British Speedway Forum
robert72

Message To The Leicester Promotor

eh???

I'm with Gemini, I'm not sure if you're serious, i'm a benefit of the doubt type of guy so my guess is that you're not. At least that's my view from the bit's i can actually understand!

I'll bite as well though, No one is denying the hard work that has gone into the stadium, hopefully everyone who has put that work and effort in has been rewarded in a way that's been agreeable to them!!

Nice stadium notwithstanding, doesn't make up for the shocking quality of the racing us fans have to put up with week in week out. Sunday was dreadful., No meaningful passing whatsoever... again. What on earth were you watching?

And you obviously missed the dirty great pile of Shale just inside pits entrance that was taken off the track (50 Tons I heard) in an effort to get the meeting on?

Anyone with half a knowledge of Speedway would know that if you take the whole top surface off a track it's bound to reduce passing opportunities but of course it had to happen otherwise there would have been no meeting at all!

There was still some decent racing especially in the first 6 heats before it got even slicker.

"Shocking racing week in week out"? Even most of the most critical people have acknowledged it's got a lot better as the season went on, so change the record

Edited by hurricanes
  • Like 1

And you obviously missed the dirty great pile of Shale just inside pits entrance that was taken off the track (50 Tons I heard) in an effort to get the meeting on?

Anyone with half a knowledge of Speedway would know that if you take the whole top surface off a track it's bound to reduce passing opportunities but of course it had to happen otherwise there would have been no meeting at all!

There was still some decent racing especially in the first 6 heats before it got even slicker.

"Shocking racing week in week out"? Even most of the most critical people have acknowledged it's got a lot better as the season went on, so change the record

I didn't miss the the dirty great pile of shale no, but the track was riding perfectly OK irrespective of that. It looked and rode exactly the same as it does pretty much every single week we go. You are mythologising the benefit or not of dirt on the track. Remember the better meetings we have had, Ipswich for example, have happened when its been mega slick and we have bladed the shale off the track. This one was riding well, it was slick and it was holding plenty of moisture so to speak, all the ingredients of the better meetings we have seen at BP

The racing wasn't decent. You are having me on. You honestly think it was?.

Here is what you need to take in, it's something you appear unable to comprehend in telling me to change the record. Maybe worth reading it a couple of times. The most critical people haven't acknowledged it's got a lot better as the season went on, It may have improved but we started with a Trabant and ended with a Yugo. The people most critical of the track haven't acknowledged anything as nearly all of those are among the 1500 people who no longer bother and don't give a monkeys any more what the racing is like. You need to take you head out of the sand if don't grasp that. It's never more than the odd one or two people who continue to perservere because of the love of speedway but want better (that's where i am). I'll always be in a minority of opinion for just this reason but it doesn't mean i'm not right. The fact that i and others are still on forums and social networks like this saying it's crap every week shold be enough for you to realise it ain't good enough.

The track was hopeless for the coventry meeting, it was hopeless for the Belle Vue meeting (excuse was because it was a challenge no one tried hard enough if i remember rightly), it appeared to have found it's level watching the wobblers wobble round, it was shocking for the freestyle show (riders weren't equal enough in standard was the excuse i remember given), Edinburgh had some passing (but only a series of riders overtaking a super fast starting but mega mega slow derek sneddon, that was the limit of it, not even Cook could get by Edberg when he was winning other races by the whole length of the straight). Berwick was rubbish, everyone wanting to kick off with Kozza providing 100% the entertainment rather than anything happening on the track. Rye House was dreadful, no passing whatsoever and we lost!. Scunthorpe and Sheffield were OK but not great. Pride of the Midlands was a total waste of time for the few people who turned up. We're back to the middle of July, do i need to go on. And that's the improved period! No one i know thinks it's anything but hopeless. Hurricanes, you're living in the bubble with weatherwatcher.

And all this because some numpty can't accept he ever gets anything wrong and do someothing about it that would have cost him nothing but a bit of pride.

Edited by volty

I didn't miss the the dirty great pile of shale no, but the track was riding perfectly OK irrespective of that. It looked and rode exactly the same as it does pretty much every single week we go. You are mythologising the benefit or not of dirt on the track. Remember the better meetings we have had, Ipswich for example, have happened when its been mega slick and we have bladed the shale off the track. This one was riding well, it was slick and it was holding plenty of moisture so to speak, all the ingredients of the better meetings we have seen at BP

The racing wasn't decent. You are having me on. You honestly think it was?.

Here is what you need to take in, it's something you appear unable to comprehend in telling me to change the record. Maybe worth reading it a couple of times. The most critical people haven't acknowledged it's got a lot better as the season went on, It may have improved but we started with a Trabant and ended with a Yugo. The people most critical of the track haven't acknowledged anything as nearly all of those are among the 1500 people who no longer bother and don't give a monkeys any more what the racing is like. You need to take you head out of the sand if don't grasp that. It's never more than the odd one or two people who continue to perservere because of the love of speedway but want better (that's where i am). I'll always be in a minority of opinion for just this reason but it doesn't mean i'm not right. The fact that i and others are still on forums and social networks like this saying it's crap every week shold be enough for you to realise it ain't good enough.

The track was hopeless for the coventry meeting, it was hopeless for the Belle Vue meeting (excuse was because it was a challenge no one tried hard enough if i remember rightly), it appeared to have found it's level watching the wobblers wobble round, it was shocking for the freestyle show (riders weren't equal enough in standard was the excuse i remember given), Edinburgh had some passing (but only a series of riders overtaking a super fast starting but mega mega slow derek sneddon, that was the limit of it, not even Cook could get by Edberg when he was winning other races by the whole length of the straight). Berwick was rubbish, everyone wanting to kick off with Kozza providing 100% the entertainment rather than anything happening on the track. Rye House was dreadful, no passing whatsoever and we lost!. Scunthorpe and Sheffield were OK but not great. Pride of the Midlands was a total waste of time for the few people who turned up. We're back to the middle of July, do i need to go on. And that's the improved period! No one i know thinks it's anything but hopeless. Hurricanes, you're living in the bubble with weatherwatcher.

And all this because some numpty can't accept he ever gets anything wrong and do someothing about it that would have cost him nothing but a bit of pride.

Most of the real fans who go every week don't post on here.

The critics who've got the nerve to actually ask questions of DH in person rather than criticise from behind their keyboard have acknowledged racing has got better since mid season.

And as for the crowds continuing to reduce as you keep stating , how come the last 2 home league meetings of the season were biggest league crowds for over a year????!

• Like 1

Most of the real fans who go every week don't post on here.

The critics who've got the nerve to actually ask questions of DH in person rather than criticise from behind their keyboard have acknowledged racing has got better since mid season.

And as for the crowds continuing to reduce as you keep stating , how come the last 2 home league meetings of the season were biggest league crowds for over a year????!

You're right about most fans not posting on here but that has very little if anything to do with the arguments i make.

Unfortunately your second sentence is just assumption on your part pure and simple. Unless, of course, you both know all the critics and are David Hemsley or some relation. Fess up!. Most if not all the people i've spoken to say the track may not be quite as dire as it's been for two years but on the whole it's still absolutely rubbish week in week out. Most don't go anymore for just this reason. What is a fact is that there are enough critics of the track week in week out on forums and social networks for there to be genuine substance to their complaints.

With regards to complaining behind a keyboard, I've been critical in person. DH knows exactly who i am, and we have exchanged quite a few emails about it in the past.

Our crowds having been very up and down this year. Your reasoning behind expounding your view on the level of our fanbase with facts about the last 2 league meetings means nothing and is actually rather spurious. Are you actually saying our crowds are as good as last year?. Those last two meetings amounted to crowds of maybe 1100-1200. That is massively down on the previous season and massively down on the season before that. You are also failing to mention that for the first time this season we have seen large fluctuations in crowds on a week on week basis that we haven't seen in previous years. If you are going to make a pertinant point you need to give the whole facts. Most of this season i would say we've struggled to get 1000 people in and with a number of meeting beeing around the 700-800 mark. Some meaningless meetings have struggled to get past 500.

cheers,

Mick.

Edited by volty

You're right about most fans not posting on here but that has very little if anything to do with the arguments i make.

Unfortunately your second sentence is just assumption on your part pure and simple. Unless, of course, you both know all the critics and are David Hemsley or some relation. Fess up!. Most if not all the people i've spoken to say the track may not be quite as dire as it's been for two years but on the whole it's still absolutely rubbish week in week out. Most don't go anymore for just this reason. What is a fact is that there are enough critics of the track week in week out on forums and social networks for there to be genuine substance to their complaints.

With regards to complaining behind a keyboard, I've been critical in person. DH knows exactly who i am, and we have exchanged quite a few emails about it in the past.

Our crowds having been very up and down this year. Your reasoning behind expounding your view on the level of our fanbase with facts about the last 2 league meetings means nothing and is actually rather spurious. Are you actually saying our crowds are as good as last year?. Those last two meetings amounted to crowds of maybe 1100-1200. That is massively down on the previous season and massively down on the season before that. You are also failing to mention that for the first time this season we have seen large fluctuations in crowds on a week on week basis that we haven't seen in previous years. If you are going to make a pertinant point you need to give the whole facts. Most of this season i would say we've struggled to get 1000 people in and with a number of meeting beeing around the 700-800 mark. Some meaningless meetings have struggled to get past 500.

cheers,

Mick.

Whatever FACTS are posted on here you will rubbish if they don't agree with your always Critical stance.

Leicester Crowds factually are consistently amongst the biggest in British Speedway.

Amount of overtaking since mid season is average or better than at the many tracks in British Speedway I've visited or watched on TV this year.

So if crowds should be higher and racing better then these are problems you should put at the door of British Speedway as a whole , not just at Leicester as you always do.

Edited by hurricanes
  • Like 1

Whatever FACTS are posted on here you will rubbish if they don't agree with your always Critical stance.

Leicester Crowds factually are consistently amongst the biggest in British Speedway.

Amount of overtaking since mid season is average or better than at the many tracks in British Speedway I've visited or watched on TV this year.

So if crowds should be higher and racing better then these are problems you should put at the door of British Speedway as a whole , not just at Leicester as you always do.

I'm not rubbishing your facts, just questioning why you are selective in how they are used and why you are using them in the way you are? That's the whole point of forums and debate.

I accept that you have not seen any decent speedway this year, but i on the other hand have seen three meetings at Somerset this year that have included more overtaking than i have seen in 3 seasons at BP (unfortunately quite a few of those passes were on Leicester riders).

I think tnat it is now time to put this thread to sleep, it is getting so repetative and I think it is now turning into a few peoples personal vendta's.

If any of you can do any better with Leicter Speedway I suggest that you put your hands in your pockets and buy it and then re-design the track to how you think it should be.

Instead of sitting infront of your keybords moaning and groaning, sit behind a word prosessor and make a 10 point argument of what you personally think is wrong.

Get a ruled A4 refill and a ring binder and on the first race of next season, go round all the supporters ask them what they think and then ask them if they want to sign a pertition to hand into the management to call a meeting between all those who sign and the managment to iron out the faults that you think need answering. You won't get anything done on here. So let it rest peacfully and go to bed and have a good rest.

This will be my final post on this thread. I was always led to believe that speedway was a sport of the skill and ability of the riders.

Part of that skill is with the rider that can gate the better than the other 3 and who has got the raster reation time.

The rider that can get away from the tapes and make it to the first corner in the lead will most times if he his skilled enough he will keep that first place to the end of the race. It is not just a question that in every race you will see riders swap and change potions throughout the 4 laps.

It is with the skill of those riders that can keep the others from overtaking him. That was my idea of speewday for the most skilled riders to keep the place on the track that they had managed to get after the initial first 2 bends. It is not just a sport to see riders over take but to see the skill of those riders to stop others getting by them.

If this is what you wish to see then just maybe you are following the wrong sport.

If you didn't see some first class riding on Sunday night them you must have been in the long line of folks that where waiting for a pint or hotdog at the vans. Because I saw some very good racing and some very skilled riding there.

Goodnight and God Bless.

This will be my final post on this thread. I was always led to believe that speedway was a sport of the skill and ability of the riders.

Part of that skill is with the rider that can gate the better than the other 3 and who has got the raster reation time.

The rider that can get away from the tapes and make it to the first corner in the lead will most times if he his skilled enough he will keep that first place to the end of the race. It is not just a question that in every race you will see riders swap and change potions throughout the 4 laps.

It is with the skill of those riders that can keep the others from overtaking him. That was my idea of speewday for the most skilled riders to keep the place on the track that they had managed to get after the initial first 2 bends. It is not just a sport to see riders over take but to see the skill of those riders to stop others getting by them.

If this is what you wish to see then just maybe you are following the wrong sport.

If you didn't see some first class riding on Sunday night them you must have been in the long line of folks that where waiting for a pint or hotdog at the vans. Because I saw some very good racing and some very skilled riding there.

Goodnight and God Bless.

Sick of it were you? :o;):blink:

Goodnight and God Bless.

Interestingly, most people's issue with the track, mine included along with some people that would probably surprise you, would seem to be that it actually takes far too little skill to stay in front at BP. That's the tracks main issue. An example of this is the way Ryan Fisher stayed in front of Hans Andersen on Sunday despite Fisher being absolutely all over the place and Hans Andersen trying every line possible. That's not how it should be. It's armchair speedway.

Still not certain you're not just messing with everyone..

Mick.

.......volty.......Still not certain you're not just messing with everyone.

I reckon it's KKS with yet another alias. :D

• Like 1