British Speedway Forum
robert72

Message To The Leicester Promotor

What do people think about the promotions use of Social Media? I guess they are not a great fan of it due to the criticism that comes their way every time they post something, but I do think they are missing a trick in reminding casual fans about the Lions.

I know the web-site is mainly up to date, but I don't think they are quite as good on Facebook or twitter. It seems quite inconsistent, as at the moment there has been no post since before the Edinburgh meeting.

It's not a criticism, just think if they put something out at least once a day, re-tweeted positive comments or even had riders taking over the account for a q&a once in a while they would benefit by having more social media traffic and keep Leicester Speedway more in the minds of non hardcore fans.

I'm amazed no one has taken credit for it!

Mick.

I believe Al Qaeda have. :t::party: :party: :party::rofl:

I'm amazed no one has taken credit for it!

Mick.

I wonder if it's the same person who did the Poole ones? They were hillarious........except if you were a Pirates fan perhaps. :D

I wonder if it's the same person who did the Poole ones? They were hillarious........except if you were a Pirates fan perhaps. :D

Still hilarious, some of us have a sense of humour (now where's my pins and bomber doll) :)

• Like 1

Just thought I would bring this back to the top , I know there's some who still have points to debate and a couple of trolls who will want to get it shut down . either way there's still some mileage in the thread,

• Like 1

Just thought I would bring this back to the top , I know there's some who still have points to debate and a couple of trolls who will want to get it shut down . either way there's still some mileage in the thread.

Groan - a pity that Aljackal didn't spread some of his invective across this thread too................

Edited by Travertine

DELETE ..DELETE..DELETE...DELETE..DELETE....DELETE...DELETE...DELETE...DELETE...DELETE...DELETE...DELETE..

PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSE.

DELETE ..DELETE..DELETE...DELETE..DELETE....DELETE...DELETE...DELETE...DELETE...DELETE...DELETE...DELETE..

PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSE.

Or simply don't read it?

If anybody wants to listen to the Leicester promotion, they are on BBC Radio Leicester tonight from 6.30.

• Like 1

PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSE.

So why do you and tsunami keep coming on this thread if you dont like it and why do you want this thread shut when others enjoy it ?

Its funny that you are not lions fans either, go to another thread as you are both getting boring now and let this thread run by those who support the club.

Why would it disappear? After all it has some of the best debate going on in the BSF as long as you can skip the likes of certain trolling posts from the likes of Jenga and Tsunami (not hard to do, though i clearly fail in this post). Maybe these people shouldn't be so obsessed with having a go at Robert72 and they'd see the topic for what it actually is. As if to prove the point I was just contemplating a reply to a well thought out post from astill lodge about the promotions use of social media but Jenga and Tsunami have probably skipped this (along with the funniest speedway link i've seen) as it clearly cannot be attributed to R72 and clearly leaves little opportunity to reply to a post with their usual crushing banality (or in the case of Tsunami the opportunity to 'like' just such a post). This is a thread about hotels near the stadium and we already have a example of a case in point from both so to speak!

Mick.

Just thought I would bring this back to the top , I know there's some who still have points to debate and a couple of trolls who will want to get it shut down . either way there's still some mileage in the thread,

:rofl:

PS can you try and stick to one thread please I'm a busy person to be srolling though all threads

Edited by TMW

What do people think about the promotions use of Social Media? I guess they are not a great fan of it due to the criticism that comes their way every time they post something, but I do think they are missing a trick in reminding casual fans about the Lions.

I know the web-site is mainly up to date, but I don't think they are quite as good on Facebook or twitter. It seems quite inconsistent, as at the moment there has been no post since before the Edinburgh meeting.

It's not a criticism, just think if they put something out at least once a day, re-tweeted positive comments or even had riders taking over the account for a q&a once in a while they would benefit by having more social media traffic and keep Leicester Speedway more in the minds of non hardcore fans.

I agree Astill, i think it could be done a lot better. I think the positive needs to be grounded in reality though. I do feel that it's probably easy to run scared of social networks and the likes and to an extent it appears that's what happens with Leicester (i wouldn't single them out though as i guess they are probably not alone). This kind of heads back to post 1 of this topic and David Hemsley's original rant in his programme notes. Rather than feel embattled by criticism made on these sites and fighting back by removing the negative and wildly over emphasising the positive and generally ignoring the media for fear of the what could be said, in my opinion Leicester would be better served by taking on board the criticisms and trying to make the product something that negates a need for people to make such criticisms. There will always be a negative few, but if the general feeling emenating from these sites are the that it's a truly good product then that will always win out. That's the way social media works best. If you deliver a product that require's a hype that's never going to be attained then all the positivity in the world isn't going to get crowds back and staying for more. It's the reason the Artic Monkeys and Wilco made social media work. They had a great product and used social media in the way you describe to build their fanbase, no over hyping or false positives required. Jim the Whipper hit the nail on the head with the post about Newport when he said they had no chance by the time the crowds hit an average 300 as nearly all the potential customers had already tried the product at some time in the past and decided the product they had seen wasn't for them. If the product doesnt match the hype then people don't tend to give it a second chance. What's the point in trying to hype up the product if it then isn't going to match expectation.

If the product was right, as it was at the last meeting, then the social media ran in a way that you mention, with the positives truthfully outweighing the negatives, and the majority of the fans helping to reinforce these views then it would be a force that Leicester would be using much more. Unfortunately it currently doesn't do that which is why i guess it's ignored to a degree in favour of the media they can completly control (the website).

I'm wondering if the reports of fantastic racing at the last meeting along with the Ipswich meeting and one or 2 not so bad will be enough to entice some of the stayaways back . one notable would be Bornagain Lion who is still a potential regular customer but has not been attending because of the poor racing . are you out there born again ? let us know what you have to say

The best weather we've had and no home speedway for two weeks.

Raining and a full weekend of Speedway. Something wrong I think !

Edited by nightshift

The best weather we've had and no home speedway for two weeks.

Raining and a full weekend of Speedway. Something wrong I think !

Best two meetings we've had came after rainy days on or before the meeting. Not sure if this is part of the answer to the track issues, but I fear next week will be another hot week and racing will be back to minimal passing.

As someone who has to pick & choose meetings, I will give this a miss & watch the SWC on TV if we have not had much rain leading up to Saturdays meeting.

Hope Im proven wrong though.