British Speedway Forum
robert72

Message To The Leicester Promotor

When Dave Darcy was doing the track 'alterations' in february or whenever it was, i can't remember the time other than knowing it was just before Glyn Taylor was supposed to be doing them properly, i spoke to DH about what was going on with the complex and he told me he had taken over the whole project and that BMX tracks for the local yute etc were going to be happening. As much landscaping as has happened, and there has been a considerable amount, i've still seen nothing that resembles a BMX track.

Re BTFC's comments, I'm fairly certain that DH would have been untimately responsible for all these investments groups being on board when the council agreed the complex and if the i's hadn't been dotted and t's weren't crossed with these investment groups then it's a bit rich to make out he's a victim of circumstance because everyone buggered off at the first sign of trouble.

Can I ask why you think DH would be responsible for all the investment groups? He was a local person who wanted speedway, not a national company or organisation like the others. It looks to me that all the other parties were all in favour of the project, and this was a major reason the council agreed to the plan, but for what ever reason decided to pull out, you can not force people to part with money if what ever is on offer in the end does not match what they wanted or required.

i

Thank for the feedback jim, BTFC & volty. It Seems like DH has took on more than he bargained for in terms of other sports being found to complete the designated complex. If I remember correctly the guy from Kings Lyn was being touted as the potential promoter for Leicester, or was he going to be DH mentor? Anyway the project was delayed for a full year due to the non speedway parties not being able to sign up so I guess the missing piece (from my side) is at what point did DH get involved and did the LCC only agree for the speedway project to commence if DH agreed to take on the responsibility for establishing other sporting uses for the remaining areas.

It is a shame Beaumont Town lost their facilities and maybe the LCC should step in with some seed corn funding and the club or other such body pursue lottery funding as per Aylestone Park and similar clubs have done in the past

Beaumont only trained on the field in order to save the pitches from being messed up, the club never had ownership of the field the stadium stands on now, it was just open land next to our ground. The floodlit courts were part of the leisure centre, we used to hire them in the winter, so I guess as we just hired them we did not have any real rights to ask for anything? Beaumont were part of the same lottery project as Aylestone park, we got a brand new club house, which is fantastic. The LCC have no money, Sorry to go on about footy on a speedway forum, but just trying to give a reply. PS.I am no longer at Beaumont fc so am not privy to any info regarding any future links with the speedway club.

Can I ask why you think DH would be responsible for all the investment groups? He was a local person who wanted speedway, not a national company or organisation like the others. It looks to me that all the other parties were all in favour of the project, and this was a major reason the council agreed to the plan, but for what ever reason decided to pull out, you can not force people to part with money if what ever is on offer in the end does not match what they wanted or required.

Whilst i accept i don't have a clue as to the in and outs of the lease can i ask how was he allowed to tip waste on the whole site from day 1 with the deal from Maxi Waste If he wasn't ultimately responsible for the whole site. This seems to have happened irrespective of the whether investment groups were on board and as far i was aware isn't the whole site not in the name of Beamont Sports Complex ltd, a company owned by David Hemsley. It's only last year when he saying he was taking control of the whole site because investors hadn't come through on their side of the deal but at no point since the site's inception has he not appeared to be doing waste tipping or something on most of the site which would point to these investments areas being in BSC's control and not the council. I'm not saying i'm right but on the evidence of these two points alone i'm struggling to see how this happened if he wasn't ultimately in charge of the whole site from day 1.

Edited by volty

Whilst i accept i don't have a clue as to the in and outs of the lease can i ask how was he allowed to tip waste on the whole site from day 1 with the deal from Maxi Waste If he wasn't ultimately responsible for the whole site. This seems to have happened irrespective of the whether investment groups were on board and as far i was aware isn't the whole site not in the name of Beamont Sports Complex ltd, a company owned by David Hemsley. It's only last year when he saying he was taking control of the whole site because investors hadn't come through on their side of the deal but at no point since the site's inception has he not appeared to be doing waste tipping or something on most of the site which would point to these investments areas being in BSC's control and not the council. I'm not saying i'm right but on the evidence of these two points alone i'm struggling to see how this happened if he wasn't ultimately in charge of the whole site from day 1.

what does it matter why worry dont let it take over your life like it seems to be doing as long as its not costing you money then dont make it a concern just go to speedway like i do and watch and if your not happy then dont come back next year simples,go and watch football if you cant do that then buy the frigging club if you cant do that then shut up or put up. you seem to have all the answers put your money where your mouth is.

Edited by neb
  • Like 1

Any thoughts that DH could of upset these people and they pulled out because they couldn't work with him.

I gather there were a number of fall outs with speedway people before a wheel was turned

Edited by robert72

Any thoughts that DH could of upset these people and they pulled out because they couldn't work with him.

Why do you persist in saying DH has upset people whenever anything goes wrong. With regards to the football pitches and the velodrome, there was no falling out. The people involvbed with the football could not find the funding and the super velodrome built in Derby meant that BCF pulled out of building one at Beaumont Park.

I gather there were a number of fall outs with speedway people before a wheel was turned

Have you ever stopped to think what your posts look and read like? You come across as a very bitter and twisted individual yet you are probably a decent person. It is beginning to look like you are harassing or inciting harassment of Hemsley and he is the sort of guy who will turn on you when you least expect it. Have you not followed the recent successful prosecutions, settlements out of court and lost civil actions following adverse public comments on Twitter?

FYI here is an extract from a report on a minor complaint courtesy of BBC News;

"And last year, a councillor in Caerphilly, Wales, was ordered to pay £3,000 and costs to a political rival for posting libellous comments on Twitter.

People need to remember that Twitter and other social networking sites are "published" in much the same way as a newspaper, Kelcey says.

"In fact publications through this type of medium are arguably worse as they stay on the internet for a long time and can be difficult to remove. There is no doubt either as to the author which makes prosecution easier.

"Publications in newspapers have usually gone through an editorial process so the more dangerous remarks are likely to be edited out and there is time for mature reflection before publication," he says".

Get Googling and you might just want to reconsider what could happen beyond the next 30 seconds at your keyboard.

• Like 3

what does it matter why worry dont let it take over your life like it seems to be doing as long as its not costing you money then dont make it a concern just go to speedway like i do and watch and if your not happy then dont come back next year simples,go and watch football if you cant do that then buy the frigging club if you cant do that then shut up or put up. you seem to have all the answers put your money where your mouth is.

As much as i appreciate the life coaching skills you keep offering me, unfortunately i don't need your advice. I'm happy spending my time and my life in a way i'm happy doing. I don't need to be told by you where and on what i should be sending charitable donations, what i should be spending my spare time being interested in and whatever advice it was that you offered in a post a week or so ago to me that i was busy ignoring before you either removed yourself or was more likely removed by the mods for being rude and abusive. This is a forum for debating speedway and yet whether someone is debating the merits of riders, track or promotion and has a view you don't agree with you're right in there giving it some abuse. Unlike you, I'm not looking to start a slanging match so that's my last word on it.

Cheers,

Mick.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

I don't think he upset British Cycling. In fact he may have been the architect involved in their velodrome project in Derby.

As much as i appreciate the life coaching skills you keep offering me, unfortunately i don't need your advice. I'm happy spending my time and my life in a way i'm happy doing. I don't need to be told by you where and on what i should be sending charitable donations, what i should be spending my spare time being interested in and whatever advice it was that you offered in a post a week or so ago to me that i was busy ignoring before you either removed yourself or was more likely removed by the mods for being rude and abusive. This is a forum for debating speedway and yet whether someone is debating the merits of riders, track or promotion and has a view you don't agree with you're right in there giving it some abuse. Unlike you, I'm not looking to start a slanging match so that's my last word on it.

Cheers,

Mick.

i used to respect and agree with what you said but recently you have turned a corner your constant moans and complaints about everything to do with leicester speedway the promotion,tractors,track prep,team manager,riders (seemingly magnus has always been subject to your abuse) just to name but a few are getting very tiresome,you are starting to sound more like robert 72 with every post.debating is one thing but you yourself are very rude and abusive towards everyone and everything to do with leicester speedway its just your clever with your wording but i can see through your sentences you are coming across as a trouble causer you load the gun and let the others fire the bullets the signs of a very bitter and twisted person who adds nothing constructive anymore but seems dead set on trying to cause trouble for leicester speedway is this your aim?you wonder why it begs the question why do you go you obviously dont enjoy your speedway at leicester,that shines through in your posts,why not go elsewhere where you might enjoy it why torment yourself each week? like i said you seem to have all the answers why not put your inside knowledge to good use and be positive for once.

Edited by neb
  • Like 1

Sadly any constructive argument on here soon gets drowned out by abuse. I would imagine anybody who takes the trouble to post on here has a valid reason for doing so. We don't all have a vendetta against DH or Leicester Speedway. We are just paying customers who think, and hope, it can be improved for the good of all. If people are happy with the entertainment currently on offer that is fine. Doesn't necessarily mean those of us losing interest are wrong.

Edited by lionstigersnotbearsohmy
  • Like 3

Sadly any constructive argument on here soon gets drowned out by abuse. I would imagine anybody who takes the trouble to post on here has a valid reason for doing so. We don't all have a vendetta against DH or Leicester Speedway. We are just paying customers who think, and hope, it can be improved for the good of all. If people are habit with the entertainment currently on offer that is fine. Doesn't necessarily mean those of us losing interest are wrong.

Well said.

If I were DH and read some of the bile Posted on this Thread - I would close the place down straight away. It's one thing to be critical - it's something totally different to be abusive. :angry: :angry:

Well said.

If I were DH and read some of the bile Posted on this Thread - I would close the place down straight away. It's one thing to be critical - it's something totally different to be abusive. :angry: :angry:

well said

i am not DH number 1 fan and i dont agree with everything he does or the way he seems to go about it but we have what we have,like it or lump it the more crap he reads on here the harder he will dig his heels in all the abuse he gets on here will only make the guy more determined to do what he wants to do its not the right way to go about it.i am sure things will change at leicester in the future but before that happens i think the guy needs to be given a bit of slack and lay off the abuse.

• Like 2

It gives me NO pleasure whatsoever to Post as I did in my previous Post.

We in Sunderland have been longing for FORTY years near enough for someone to come in and Promote Speedway. I sincerely hope that if WE had some Promoter brave enough to take a chance that we (Supporters) would NOT treat him/her to the kind of abusive comments appearing on here.

We would be eternally grateful that we had some Speedway to watch.

I tell you what - if DH were to come to Sunderland - I/We would welcome him with open arms.

Please try to be grateful for what you have - you NEVER know when it may be taken away from you.

YOU WAITED LONG ENOUGH TO GET IT!!!

• Like 4

This is why nobody posts on here anymore.....if you don't entirely agree with the Gang of Four you get accused of being 'rose tinted'.

This whole thread is beyond farcical .

• Like 1