British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

Just catching up on this, I was wortking up North this week and I was in Manchester Monday and Tuesday, and I arrived to farily warm and clear sky's mid afternoon and it certainly did not look like there had been heavy rain in central Manchester anytime in the preceeding hours.

wasnt called off for rain, the bowser got stuck on the second bend and pi55ed itself.
  • Like 1

Obviously, all of the facts are not yet out, but if the BV management have done what many are suggesting (which is looking increasingly likely) then they have damaged the reputation of the club and embarrassed the fans. As a BV fan, I turned up to find the stadium shut on Monday.. I really feel sorry for the Poole fans who came all that way. I feel that the BV promotion need to make a gesture to Poole. I'd like to see them put a coach on free of charge and give free entry to any Poole fan on that coach for the replay.. If need be 2 coaches, wouldn't cost that much, would create a better atmosphere for the rematch and the promotion can come on the centre green at the interval to personally apologise. The SCB, may want to take additional sanctions, this IMHO should be in addition. Personally I hope that Poole have to return... As fans we shouldn't miss out on watching way I feel would have been some great racing.

I would add though that this isn't the first time this has happened.. Quite a few promotions have done similar... This should be an opportunity to stop this stupidity now once and for all.. It's damaging "our" sport.

Raid.

• Like 2

They officially have no money anyway. According to the last set of accounts filed by Belle Vue Speedway in November 2011 they has £0 cash at bank, liabilities of £486,271, a net worth of -£447,167

Those numbers, in my honest opinion, have the depth of a grain of sand. Anyone doubt it? Tell me how they managed to poach Worrall away from Lakeside then.

Maybe they've got the same accountant as Ken Dodd.

wasnt called off for rain, the bowser got stuck on the second bend and pi55ed itself.

Yeah sorry, I posted before fully reading!

Just wait now for the usual Belle Vue fans to come on here and defend their club. Should be a good laugh :lol:

Not me

• Like 1

Bowser? Looks to me like someone filled a few B&Q orange buckets and chucked that down...They didn't even make it look convincing... :D

Obviously, all of the facts are not yet out, but if the BV management have done what many are suggesting (which is looking increasingly likely) then they have damaged the reputation of the club and embarrassed the fans. As a BV fan, I turned up to find the stadium shut on Monday.. I really feel sorry for the Poole fans who came all that way. I feel that the BV promotion need to make a gesture to Poole. I'd like to see them put a coach on free of charge and give free entry to any Poole fan on that coach for the replay.. If need be 2 coaches, wouldn't cost that much, would create a better atmosphere for the rematch and the promotion can come on the centre green at the interval to personally apologise. The SCB, may want to take additional sanctions, this IMHO should be in addition. Personally I hope that Poole have to return... As fans we shouldn't miss out on watching way I feel would have been some great racing.

I would add though that this isn't the first time this has happened.. Quite a few promotions have done similar... This should be an opportunity to stop this stupidity now once and for all.. It's damaging "our" sport.

Raid.

Lol, signing off with "Raid" like its your real name.

Away.

Wonder how many bricks the fine will be ?

• Like 1

Just wait now for the usual Belle Vue fans to come on here and defend their club. Should be a good laugh :lol:

Theres no way you can defend any wrong doing even if it is your own club, but some lynn fans were guilty of the same during the BV call off farce when the home side had missing riders. Its not right and brings the sport into disrepute but over the years several clubs have pulled this stunt.

• Like 2

Sad state of affairs that if you got rid of everyone who you can't trust, you wouldn't have anyone left to run a club in this country any more. Anyone remember the fiasco of Kings Lynn cancelling their match against Birmingham a couple of years ago because of a "floodlight failure" (5 days ahead of the meeting)?

What happened at the hearing did kl admit what they did ? did they get found wrong of any doing ? have you the link when they got found guilty ? . it's one thing being accused of something and another when being caught red handed or admit doing it .

Theres no way you can defend any wrong doing even if it is your own club, but some lynn fans were guilty of the same during the BV call off farce when the home side had missing riders. Its not right and brings the sport into disrepute but over the years several clubs have pulled this stunt.

Did Dastardly and Mutley engineer a catastrophic floodlight failure five days in advance of that fixture too? Surprised that they are allowed to get away with it, especially with their "previous".

Did Dastardly and Mutley engineer a catastrophic floodlight failure five days in advance of that fixture too? Surprised that they are allowed to get away with it, especially with their "previous".

What was there previous what were they found guilty of ?

Edited by orion

Not me screamer, they have admitted a wrong doing and put the once good name of B Vue deeper into the mire, and as such will have to man up to the consequences.

What was there previous what were they found guilty of ?

2010 - Birmingham were going through an unbeatable run, and the once mighty Kings Lynn were on a wobble (even at full strength)...so... "as luck would have it" it was discovered 5 days before the KL v Brummies fixture that the Norfolk Arena floodlights had had a control panel failure! And because it was such an old and obsolescent piece of kit, to get the spare parts and an electrician with the appropriate skills would take at least 6 days. Just like you knew it would, eh? Only those who were born yesterday bought into the story, but of course, in the absence of proof to the contrary, they got off scot free.