British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

So if the scenario was :

"Jon I am calling the match off"

"Matt, I insist it goes ahead"

"Jon get stuffed the match is off "

You ought to become a Journalist with statements like that..

My point was that just because Cook has made a statement doesn't make it necessarily true. My opinion is, as I've said before, is that Cook is just muddying the waters. I believe that Poole did contact him and he did agree otherwise he would have forced Poole to run. If the BSPA had been asked to rule I believe they would have made Poole run the meeting.

The facts are that Ford was told to revert to the original 1-7. At that point he cancelled the meeting. How do the BSPA force Ford to run the meeting ? All they can do is fine him for not doing so.

Not sure how Cook is muddying the waters. He is leaving it to the SCB to sort out which is the correct thing to do.

You ought to become a Journalist with statements like that..

I know but I got myself a proper job instead. I am going to watch the programme on D-Day on the telly now so I'll have to leave you guys to play among yourselves.

The facts are that Ford was told to revert to the original 1-7. At that point he cancelled the meeting. How do the BSPA force Ford to run the meeting ? All they can do is fine him for not doing so.

Not sure how Cook is muddying the waters. He is leaving it to the SCB to sort out which is the correct thing to do.

I know but I got myself a proper job instead. I am going to watch the programme on D-Day on the telly now so I'll have to leave you guys to play among yourselves.

Poole were told to revert to previous 1-7 (a decision which I believe Cook has said he disagreed with in the Star). Up until that point the match was going ahead with Kyle Newman as a replacement. The phone call would, I assume have been made after the BSPA made their decision, at which point I believe that Cook agreed with Poole and the meeting was called off. Cook could have come out and said that under normal circumstances he would not have agreed but in view of the BSPA decision he did.

Anyway I'm watching the same programme so I'm going too.

Poole were told to revert to previous 1-7 (a decision which I believe Cook has said he disagreed with in the Star). Up until that point the match was going ahead with Kyle Newman as a replacement. The phone call would, I assume have been made after the BSPA made their decision, at which point I believe that Cook agreed with Poole and the meeting was called off. Cook could have come out and said that under normal circumstances he would not have agreed but in view of the BSPA decision he did.

Anyway I'm watching the same programme so I'm going too.

Did GB win?? :wink:

Any club that makes a bugger of their track to get a meeting cancelled due to not liking the team they would have to put out, should be dealt with in the strongest manner.

Though it was my team it was good to see the powers that be show some backbone and show behaviour of this nature will not be tolerated.

• Like 2