British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
STARRGAZER1

King's Lynn Young Stars V Usa

Believe this match takes place tomorrow evening. Cannot find anything about it.

Any news on teams?

I didn't buy a programme at the EL meeting last night, but I recall the USA line-up has 2 British Boys in for this meeting, Ben Morley and Scott Campos, and I know they have Rocco and Gino, and three American teenagers whose names I shamefully cannot remember!

Bit sad I have to miss the first Young Stars meeting as I'm going away for the long weekend... never mind, hope it's a good, safe meeting for everyone that goes.

They did announce on Wednesday a free programme tomorrow night... I cannot recall if this was on presentation of the EL ticket, or in general, though!

USA : 1. Gino Manzares ©; 2. Chris Thomas: 3. Scott Campos: 4. Rocco Scopellite ; 5. Ben Morley; 6. Hayden Simms: 7. Jamison Dilkey

The King's Lynn line-up is: 1) Darren Mallett 2) Shane Waldron 3) Shane Hazelden 4) James Cockle 5) Lewis Kerr 6) Chris Widman 7) Lewis Rose

N.B. Chris Widman is riding as a guest in place of Jake Knight, who is away on Premier League duties.

STARRGAZER 1 It's a sad fact of life that promoters at most clubs these days, seem to think the world starts and ends with Facebook and Twitter, and give little thought for the still great many people who rely on the easier to understand websites and forums such as this one, then they wonder why people don't turn up to watch.

The majority of the time, I manage to put some news on here, as I do for the Midland Development League team, but for the past week, I've been suffering horrendous PC problems, and haven't been able to access anything much. Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow.

With regards to the LIghtning side that a fair number of people have spoken to me personally about, I do and will try to find the heat details of the away matches as and when I can, and do have contacts at most clubs that can usually assist with that information, but not always unfortunately.

I'm not sure whether the MDL has a co-ordinator who could collect such details from EVERY club then post them on the BSPA site (A lot do go on there, as I myself provide the information). Obviously somebody has the answers, as Peter Oakes publishes them in his year book, so it's a mystery why the public don't get to see them as and when so to speak. Anyway, this topic should be under the junior section really, but I'm making hay whilst my PC wants to work.

So in conclusion, you'd be better asking your clubs team managers about the situation, rather than me, I'm only a supporter like the rest of you. Good luck with that one anyway.

rhidassa: Yes you are correct, if people produce their entrance ticket from Wednesday night, they will receive a free programme tonight.

It's a beautiful day again in Norfolk, so hope to see a LOT of you at the Norfolk Arena tonight, for what I'm sure is going to be a great and entertaining season for the Young Stars.

Incidentally, I've been asked to point out that the Track Shop has got quite a wide selection of Young Stars merchandise this year, unlike previous years when it's been mainly the 'Stars' bits 'n bobs on sale.

Roger Airey if you're reading this, yes I will be there tonight, and I will endeavour to get the programmes you require.

See you all at 7.30pm.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including mobile number.

Thanks

Chuffed that I was at the meeting and those that weren't missed a cracker!

• Like 3

Chuffed that I was at the meeting and those that weren't missed a cracker!

Spot on with that one Bryn, extremely small crowd missed as good a meeting as anyone could hope to see.

Excellent crowd at Leicester last night for the British Youth Championship, just a pity that King's Lynn couldn't have drawn an attendance of half the amount.

Still mate, we were the winners, and those that were elsewhere were the losers in speedway terms.

• Like 1

Trouble is you're not going to get many people forking out twice in three days for speedway or choosing the Youngs Star's meeting over the senior team. Hopefully there will be a few more present tomorrow evening :t:

Trouble is you're not going to get many people forking out twice in three days for speedway or choosing the Youngs Star's meeting over the senior team. Hopefully there will be a few more present tomorrow evening :t:

Now that's a much nicer photo of you Bagpuss, you looked so mean and lean in your previous one ;)

I know that what you say is correct, I just get frustrated when people moan about British riders not developing into top names like our overseas friends, then won't follow a league and club that is trying so hard to achieve that aim.

I also realise that I'm a bit biased, because I prefer National League to any other level of racing, so sometimes my vision is a bit blinkered. There are such a lot of good youngsters on the British scene at the moment, that if people don't or as you say, can't afford to support this lower league, them it will fold, and those riders will be lost to the sport.

I went to Leicester on Saturday to watch the British Youth Championship (Big Crows), and some of the talent in their, has to be seen to be believed. But if the support for the National League isn't there, and it eventually folds, where does that leave our nation on the world scene.

Anyway, providing the weather behaves itself, there is a very good fixture against Coventry tonight, who put up a terrific show at Mildenhall a couple of weeks ago, so let's hope for a good turn-out. There's been no senior meeting this week, so it won't be a case of asking people to fork out twice in a week, and hopefully we'll see a crowd in excess of 1,000 :D:rofl::lol::wink:

• Like 1