British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Leslie

Buxton V Americans Select?

Went to Buxton last year when they raced against the young American Dream Team and it was a good meeting with some good young talent (on both sides).

I think the Americans might be riding at Buxton today....but there is zero information anywhere. Nothing on Buxton website, nothing on here, can't find the line ups anywhere.

Would have gone if I'd known the meeting was on and who was riding. Shame

this seems to reflect the general lack of interest on this forum. some meetings have been staged with no topic started at all. my thread on the first ever meeting at kent tomorrow has had very few replies.

What a farce of a line up.

Little unfair.

What you have to remember is that these lads paid all their own costs to get here and I am sure they would rather be racing than laid up with injuries.

Very impressive performance from Williamson.

• Like 1

Little unfair.

What you have to remember is that these lads paid all their own costs to get here and I am sure they would rather be racing than laid up with injuries.

Very impressive performance from Williamson.

Well said mate!

Of course Gino being out and then losing Rocco took away too future PL riders from the fixture, but that's racing.

The squad has 5 US passport holders and one Kiwi guest.

Well done to Buxton on the big win. Our turn to win next year!

Not the best meeting, not helped by a patchy track and riders who had never graced the...unique...Buxton track.

For Buxton, Williamson was the stand out. Atkin and Wright went unbeaten, but you wouldn't have expected it from Williamson. Govier looked the worst of Buxton's three pointers, and Blacklock had machinery problems.

For the Yanks and guests, most of them looked off the pace unfortunately. Hayden Sims was the best of the bunch who finished the meeting, although I am sure that Scopellite would have scored well had he not had his crash. As for the honorary yanks, Branford looked quick but couldn't gate, Starke looked pretty good, and Hazelden was consistent.

I suppose the only thing to say about the meeting is that I hope that Rocco gets well soon. Was a horrible looking crash.

Also, have the rules been changed, or were we just ignoring them for this meeting? I always thought that heat 15 had to be 2 from your top 3 scorers, or top 3 averages. Blacklock was neither, so I can only assume we were ignoring the rules.

What the Kent team ?

Do you know you are getting very boring. :blink:

• Like 1

Not the best meeting, not helped by a patchy track and riders who had never graced the...unique...Buxton track.

For Buxton, Williamson was the stand out. Atkin and Wright went unbeaten, but you wouldn't have expected it from Williamson. Govier looked the worst of Buxton's three pointers, and Blacklock had machinery problems.

For the Yanks and guests, most of them looked off the pace unfortunately. Hayden Sims was the best of the bunch who finished the meeting, although I am sure that Scopellite would have scored well had he not had his crash. As for the honorary yanks, Branford looked quick but couldn't gate, Starke looked pretty good, and Hazelden was consistent.

I suppose the only thing to say about the meeting is that I hope that Rocco gets well soon. Was a horrible looking crash.

Also, have the rules been changed, or were we just ignoring them for this meeting? I always thought that heat 15 had to be 2 from your top 3 scorers, or top 3 averages. Blacklock was neither, so I can only assume we were ignoring the rules.

bit harsh, he beat the same riders as Woolley.

bit harsh, he beat the same riders as Woolley.

He did, so allow me to rephrase. He looked the rawest, and least experienced on a bike. Woolley has a lot of experience from short track, and Williamson looked better than the last time I saw him. You could tell it was Tyler's home debut, as he never really looked comfortable on the track. It will be interesting to see him up against regular NL riders.

it`s a shame he`s been put at no2 as I`m sure he would score his average+ from no7.

He did, so allow me to rephrase. He looked the rawest, and least experienced on a bike. Woolley has a lot of experience from short track, and Williamson looked better than the last time I saw him. You could tell it was Tyler's home debut, as he never really looked comfortable on the track. It will be interesting to see him up against regular NL riders.

Slight correction Vog, it wasn't Tyler's home debut as he rode against the IOW. He could do with some extra laps after meetings with Tony watching him and offering advice.
  • Like 1

As the Americans do not have averages and as it was a challenge it was agreed to allow the TM's to choose their riders in heat 15

As the Americans do not have averages and as it was a challenge it was agreed to allow the TM's to choose their riders in heat 15

Fair enough. As a fan, it was a bit of a kick in the teeth that we couldn't see Atkin/Wright v Branford/Starke, as they were clearly the best riders on the day.