British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shadders

Redcar V Rye House (pl)... 9th May

Olly Allen withdrew after dropping a point in his two races?

Dyer wasn't going so well in the heat where he fell. You can think all you like. We'll never know, but its fun to speculate

Allen looked okay - similar to Stead last week, he gated fine - if not then nothing. I was a bit disappointed in him but more so Mellgren. Lykke was full of enthusiasm to be fair to him, although nasty little challenge on Ulrich when he rightly got excluded.

As said Dyer fell first bend, i had no complaints about Garrity on him as Wilkinson did worse to Mellgren when he got excluded.

Allen looked okay - he gated fine - if not then nothing

That just about sums him up, but you can't really evaluate him after only seeing him race twice

Edited by Shadders

Maybe they are deliberately doing stuff ( or not as it happens) to gain an advantage.?? Because as a visiting rider you would be in 2 minds initially to go out and attack it, the states its beein just prior to start time. Does anyone know why they don't start working on it until late in the day?? Or have done recently....

Maybe they are deliberately doing stuff ( or not as it happens) to gain an advantage.?? Because as a visiting rider you would be in 2 minds initially to go out and attack it, the states its beein just prior to start time. Does anyone know why they don't start working on it until late in the day?? Or have done recently....

I shouldn't think Olly Allen has been round Redcar many times, so maybe taking a couple of races to suss out the track would be the correct call for him. Balls out riders like Garrity and Nelson just go for it!

I shouldn't think Olly Allen has been round Redcar many times, so maybe taking a couple of races to suss out the track would be the correct call for him. Balls out riders like Garrity and Nelson just go for it!

i meant in general, been 3 times this season and its been shocking early doors.

i meant in general, been 3 times this season and its been shocking early doors.

Oh, right. I can't comment, cos I haven't been, but the Redcar fans seem pretty annoyed by it. Be interesting to see how many "Rough Park" comments there are next time they visit Newcastle

• Like 2

That just about sums him up, but you can't really evaluate him after only seeing him race twice

I have seen Olly Allen more than that, albeit only time in Rye colours.

Oh, right. I can't comment, cos I haven't been, but the Redcar fans seem pretty annoyed by it. Be interesting to see how many "Rough Park" comments there are next time they visit Newcastle

ah that won't stop, but it's anything but rough these days :)
  • Like 1

Carl Wilinson seemed really unhappy last night at redcar anyone know why he is an unhappy guy if indeed at all he is?

I have seen Olly Allen more than that, albeit only time in Rye colours.

He's not the most exciting to watch, but if he gates, he doesn't usually lose. Typical solid Rye number one in the Chris Neath mould. Every team should have a Mr Reliable. There are enough thrills and spills with Nelson, Garrity and Lyke. I don't think my old ticker could take too much more excitement.

Edited by Shadders

To be fair to dyer he fell on first bend after being forced very wide, classic first bend bunching but for whatever reason ref allowed it to continue.

Garrity give him a big thump on the first bend. The ref was weak as, all night, on several incidents. Should have been all 4 back.

To be fair to the rule-makers, any arbitrary point in the match could provide problems, but you have to balance that against the chance of a match making it further when the forecast is very poor.

Remember, the decision to change it to the tenth heat was taken after last year's debacle, when many meetings fell foul of the weather, but quite a few others got started and then abandoned when conditions deteriorated - I'd be interested to know how many made it to ten heats, but didn't get far enough to get a result. That I'll leave to someone with more time on their hands! Sitting at home after a rain-off, perhaps!

Interestingly, last nights two EL matches would have had different results had they been called off after ten races; Peterborough would've picked up a point at Lakeside, whilst Eastbourne would actually have won theirs at Coventry, picking up three points instead of the eventual zero. You cannot run a match on until the result is beyond doubt, you have to stop at the point where it becomes unraceable.

Interestingly, last nights two EL matches would have had different results had they been called off after ten races; Peterborough would've picked up a point at Lakeside, whilst Eastbourne would actually have won theirs at Coventry, picking up three points instead of the eventual zero. You cannot run a match on until the result is beyond doubt, you have to stop at the point where it becomes unraceable.

The only sensible way to decide the points if the meeting is rained off with the match score still in doubt is to share the points, 2 each. I should add to that, if one side is say 9+ points ahead they should get 2 points and the side behind 1 point.

Edited by Shadders

The only sensible way to decide the points if the meeting is rained off with the match score still in doubt is to share the points, 2 each. I should add to that, if one side is say 9+ points ahead they should get 2 points and the side behind 1 point.

Commonsense has no place on tbis forum in regard to the rules of tbe sport

Allen was great at Coventry last night and battled really hard