British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shadders

Redcar V Rye House (pl)... 9th May

Don't get the heat 10 abandonment, especially when home heat leaders had more rides; and why no Dilger? he rode for Germany over the weekend - surely makes the Bears stronger?

Don't get the heat 10 abandonment, especially when home heat leaders had more rides; and why no Dilger? he rode for Germany over the weekend - surely makes the Bears stronger?

Heat 10 abandonment was down to torrential rain, we can't control Mother Nature.

The Dilger issue is down to Mitch Davey being a 28 day replacement.

Hope this helps

Annoying to see this was stopped short, regardless of the amount of heats raced. Think we would have taken a point from this one in the end.

Lambert would have scored more than Sarj, no disrespect to the kid coz he has a decent future ahead of him but we really should have made an interim signing to replace Simon.

• Like 1

and man united would not have won the premiership if it wasnt for FERGIE (extra) time.. and QPR would not be relegated IF they had scored more foals.. thats life

• Like 1

QPR would not be relegated IF they had scored more foals.. thats life

What a load of old pony

• Like 2

Heat 10 abandonment was down to torrential rain, we can't control Mother Nature.

Don't think the poster meant the abandonment - he was probably referring to the pathetic decision by the BSPA to introduce a rule that enables the result to be declared at such an early unbalanced point in the meeting.

Pointing out that another European league already declares after 10 heats so it would appear that others have already beaten the BSPA in making "a laughing stock of the sport".

Maybe the Poles/Swedes enjoy cheap rhubarb emanating from Suffolk :P

Sorry, I must have missed the irony of your comment - I assumed you meant that because Poland do it, it's OK. I hope you don't think like that.

Impressed with Garrity and Nelson last night, both looked very quick and really attacked the track.

GReat to see the Kus of old returning. Have to admit thought he had rode his last meeting for us but turn round has been superb. Dyer again looked excellent. Not sure i agree with the heat 10 declaration either, although i never thought we were in danger of losing the meeting. Seemed a bit strange to call it when they did. Rain had pretty much stopped and whilst the track was far from perfect there did not appear to be any serious issues. Then again, i was not on the track rider safety has to be priority.

Would also like to add my thanks to Mitchell Davey. Was a bit underwhelmed with his signing, but he impressed me once he got going. Picked up some decent points and always looked on the pace with decent kit. Hope he gets picked up by someone.

• Like 2

:lol: very quick shads, for this time of the morning!

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise... Two out of three ain't bad!

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise... Two out of three ain't bad!

you not well mate?

:P

:D

you not well mate?

:P

:D

No, I'm a Postie, hence not being wealthy!

yet again the track was in a terrible state with the so called motor cross track curator.

something is drastically wrong with how the club is run at the moment as you constantly hear the unrest from other fans on the terraces, fair play though we have a half decent team this year but the track preperation really leaves a lot to be desired and personally i think if the track hadnt been preped so badly we may have seen a bit more racing as our track generally drains pretty well.

going back to when we were on sky against edinburgh a few years since we had torrential rain and only last season we had far more rain and the meetings went ahead.

Anyone there last night knows we could have seen more races, indeed the big track grade after heat 8 - delayed matters when it was clear rain was on the way. The track actually rode well, plenty of lines with a number of overtakes.

Rye House were going well when meeting was called off - but lets not kids ourselves about getting something - Rye were a two-man team - albeit a decent one in the shape of Tyson and Garrity - but with Summers, Kus and Dyer all going well, I still dont think they would have got anything and I think they knew that.

Rye House were going well when meeting was called off - but lets not kids ourselves about getting something - Rye were a two-man team - albeit a decent one in the shape of Tyson and Garrity - but with Summers, Kus and Dyer all going well, I still dont think they would have got anything and I think they knew that.

Olly Allen withdrew after dropping a point in his two races?

Dyer wasn't going so well in the heat where he fell. You can think all you like. We'll never know, but its fun to speculate

To be fair to dyer he fell on first bend after being forced very wide, classic first bend bunching but for whatever reason ref allowed it to continue.

• Like 1