British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wandersome

Leicester Vs Ipswich Pl 12/5/13 6pm

After a two week break it's back to home track (lack of) action when the Ipswich Witches visit on Sunday. I think it may be close. I think Ben Barker will probably overtake a Leicester second string rider / struggling heat leader and offer certain posters a chance to justify why proposed track changes weren't made as proof that clearly riders can overtake if they actually try. My big prediction for this week is there will be a large contingent of Leicester supporters who made the visit to Somerset and witnessed what speedway should be like who may not be as impressed with this level of excitement as they may previously have been.

We've got James Seargent riding in place Robert Branford. James has looked pretty decent as a NL guest around BP before although i'm not sure he's scored anything. Another NL rider who could probably step up with regular PL action.

I'm going for 47-43 to the Lions with Lasse Bjerre pissing off a large contingent of Lions fans by top scoring.

Anyways if the rain comes and the fans don't at least this post has delivered this weeks alternative excuse to the promotion.

Mick.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

I havent made a trip to Leicester and cant again this time.

If all what I read is true the Witches will need their gating gloves on.

It would interesting to hear the thoughts of the Lions fans that came to Ipswich as to how the racing compared to a typical Leicester meeting.

The Lions were actually 2 up at Foxhall at heat 7 so must start as favourites at home.

I think the Witches will get something from this one but difficult to decide if it will be 1 2 or 3 points so I'll go down the middle for a draw.

Why should a top score by Bjerre piss of a lot of Lions fans? I can understand him upsetting certain lions fans if he overtakes ipswich riders :lol:

I think it will be a close match with The Witches nicking a point.

Impossible to predict this Witches team this year. We've been both very good and bloody awful at times so far this season so the result here is anyone's guess!

Went to watch Ipswich last season and I think we won, won't be wasting my money this season,

Why should a top score by Bjerre piss of a lot of Lions fans? I can understand him upsetting certain lions fans if he overtakes ipswich riders :lol:

I think it will be a close match with The Witches nicking a point.

It appears quite a few Lions fans are currently questioning Bjerre's dedication to the cause but it's always hard to stay annoyed if he's scoring well. It wouldn't upset me to see some overtaking at all, in fact i will be willing myself to look the fool on here just as i do every home meeting. I'd love to see Bjerre overtake some witches riders, it's just the odds on it happening are not that great (though better than some!). On the evidence of the just over two seasons they are practically nil around bend 1 & 2, though luckily for us excitement merchants you have replaced the one rider (Jari Makinen according to Long Eye) who has achieved the feat with the other (Ritchie Hawkins according to my ropey memory).

looking forward to seeing some more of the same.

Will be close, hopefully the Witches can nick a point. A lot depends on how fit Tungate is after last nights off and whether Ellis will be riding (is in the Under 21 atLonigo on saturday).

It would be great if the Witches gated to victory here, as thats whats needed on this gaters paradise of a track to shut up many big mouth Leicester fans :oops: like we did at foxhall Monday afternoon after heat 8 :party:

But with Rohans injury from riding for Poole and Adam's perhaps non-arrival from Italy, it will leave a mountain to climb for the other riders. But never say never perhaps just perhaps we can nick a point or 2 :party:

Adam will be there. Lonigo should finish around midnight and its a long overnight drive back . One bike needs to be straightened out after a big off here in France last night. ( if you follow him in twitter check out his wrecked crash helmet) front end bent, wheel wrecked, one new silencer trashed and a very sore Adam.

Adam will be there. Lonigo should finish around midnight and its a long overnight drive back . One bike needs to be straightened out after a big off here in France last night. ( if you follow him in twitter check out his wrecked crash helmet) front end bent, wheel wrecked, one new silencer trashed and a very sore Adam.

Saw the condition of helmet, glad my head wasn't in it. Hope the boy suffers no ill effects from that and he has a safe trip back from Italy. Tell him not to forget his gating gloves, will need them on Sunday as well as Saturday night.

Edited by Roland

Heh. I know what you mean about Italy. I had Simon cross call me today and say that it always has been a gaters paradise

Sorry to hear Adam had a big expensive off in France, I hope he has no ill effects. We will need Adam with his best gating skills Sunday along with Saturday. And good luck to the lad in Italy hope he grabs his opportunity with both hands.

Is Bjerre back for this one?

Yes. But no Robert Branford, James Seargent guests for him.

Yes. But no Robert Branford, James Seargent guests for him.

is that the best we could do james seargent 3 x 0 last night at redcar.