British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wandersome

Leicester Vs Ipswich Pl 12/5/13 6pm

Only the supporters who were there can answer that with confidence but I'll have a stab even though I wasn't. With two falls and two exclusions in heat 2, and then a fall from a Leicester rider in a 2 rider heat against no opposition, I guess you could say the track was at best, tricky?

There was certainly plenty of dirt on it to start with (perhaps a tad too much for some), the middle heats were excellent until all the dirt ended up by the fence. With amount of moisture in it, the track was the best it has been this season IMO.

Edited by Elmo

Well could not see why there was a problem with Ipswich about the track the lions had no problem riding it and is home advatage just heard Simon Nielson has been replaced

Obviously the Leicester fans will complain about the track being graded so much, when the Witches came back at them to take a point that never looked possible on a dangerous track. Paramount to everything is the riders safety and it was not safe early on so therefore the extra grading, shame it had not been done before the meeting started, perhaps their track man heeds to take some hints off our Bob Ellis here at Ipswich :lol:

Dangerous it certainly was not. It had dirt on it and therefore needed riding with a different technique. Not the rubbish or bust style shown by Ipswich in the first two heats. The track man is fine but just looked a bit peed off seeing all his good work go to waste.

Edited by Great Central

So, what did we learn from Sunday?

1, the track is not as crap as some would like us to believe.

2. What a massive blow loosing Adam Roynon was. If he was fit, I think away results would have been better and the conference of the whole team would be better. And we would still have the same 1-7 riders.

3. The crowd level was down due to the weather not anything else.

4. We have a greater toilet capacity in the gents. Lol.

5. After a very entertaining meeting with bags of overtaking, some still moan.

Come on you Lions fans, lets get behind the lads and turn this situation around.

• Like 1

2. What a massive blow loosing Adam Roynon was. If he was fit, I think away results would have been better and the conference of the whole team would be better. And we would still have the same 1-7 riders.

Come on you Lions fans, lets get behind the lads and turn this situation around.

A positive, intelligent post from a Leicester fan. Quick, have it stuffed, these are very rare.

A positive, intelligent post from a Leicester fan. Quick, have it stuffed, these are very rare.

First time I've been called intelligent.

Dangerous it certainly was not. It had dirt on it and therefore needed riding with a different technique. Not the rubbish or bust style shown by Ipswich in the first two heats. The track man is fine but just looked a bit peed off seeing all his good work go to waste.

The amount of falls in the opening heats suggests the work wasn't what you'd call "good"

• Like 1

I agree, the intellegent posts from people with positive views of Leicester have, up to this week, been very rare for good reason. Up until this week there has been nothing positive to talk intellingently about.

1. It would seem not, lets hope it stays that way!

2. Absolutely

3. I don't agree, only this year has poor weather resulted in such poor crowds. The lack of entertainment on view is surely a factor when choices are made with meetings in poor weather.

4. Still not tried it. I appear to be having a second coming with regards to bladder control!

5. Who's moaning?

Mick.

Edited by volty

The amount of falls in the opening heats suggests the work wasn't what you'd call "good"

Riders fall for various reasons and not all attributable to the track. Settting up a bike for what was a track with dirt on it is an art that seems to being lost these days. It is easier now just to grade it, take the dirt off and ride on a main road.

The falls by the Ipswich riders in heat 2 were in my opinion because they were trying things that weren't possible so early on that sort of track.

Edited by Great Central
  • Like 1

Riders fall for various reasons and not all attributable to the track. Settting up a bike for what was a track with dirt on it is an art that seems to being lost these days. It is easier now just to grade it, take the dirt off and ride on a main road.

The falls by the Ipswich riders in heat 2 were in my opinion because they were trying things that weren't possible so early on that sort of track.

A track should be (safely) ride-able by all straight out of the box, yes there is such a thing as home track advantage but this is mainly down to knowledge of the best lines to ride and such, not by having a track surface prepared so one team can stay upright and the visitors can't.

That is what would be considered dangerous and it's no surprise the track work was ordered before somebody got hurt.

Safety has to come first.

• Like 1

Having dirt on is ok if evenly put on but this track was patchy which especially with rain falling on and off WAS dangerous!!! Im just glad no riders were injured because they could easily have been. If the track man had done his job in the first place and it was a well prepared track, the Witches would undoubtedly have won! By your comment of "track mans good work going to waste" I take it he wanted the Witches riders to fall off and for the Leicester riders who know the track much better to have an avalanche of a win!!! Lets face it, when the track was fair to both teams, the Witches came storming back and you and your fellow supporters (including the gob almighty ones) did not like it and could not take the fact that the Witches really were the better team, given fair circumstances :approve:

• Like 1

if they were the better team like you say jackal then your beloved witches would of won simples,as it was they didn't so what does that tell you? don't come back at me with "when the track was fair for both teams" dont forget its a gate and go track its just you had the better gates later on in the meeting which allowed you to pull it back.

if they were the better team like you say jackal then your beloved witches would of won simples,as it was they didn't so what does that tell you? don't come back at me with "when the track was fair for both teams" dont forget its a gate and go track its just you had the better gates later on in the meeting which allowed you to pull it back.

You more or less answered your own question neb!!! "When the track was fair to both teams" Witches won by the country mile, so they WERE the better team :approve: