British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Scott Nicholls Pulls Out Of The World Cup

Who's to say he would have been selected on current form any way? He's probably just getting his retaliation in first for when he was dropped. This will probably be the year when we drop down to the qualifiers

Found some good form lately. I will miss watching him in the gp. Still dont think there are enough strong british riders for us to do much anyway

Is Scott getting at the BSPA or BSI? It's not a BSPA comp after all, no skin of their nose if Scott doesn't race, just devalues the WTC!

Is Scott getting at the BSPA or BSI? It's not a BSPA comp after all, no skin of their nose if Scott doesn't race, just devalues the WTC!

I guess the BSPA earn money from sponsorship of TeamGB, so if top riders are missing and/or the team doesn't progress, then this reduces the value of that.

BSI probably don't care either way, as GB are fifth or sixth on the rankings, so are unlikely to make the final.

On the other hand, King's Lynn have presumably paid BSI for the right to host one of the qualification rounds, so Nicholls missing may reduce the crowd and therefore reduce KL's profit?

I guess the BSPA earn money from sponsorship of TeamGB, so if top riders are missing and/or the team doesn't progress, then this reduces the value of that.

BSI probably don't care either way, as GB are fifth or sixth on the rankings, so are unlikely to make the final.

On the other hand, King's Lynn have presumably paid BSI for the right to host one of the qualification rounds, so Nicholls missing may reduce the crowd and therefore reduce KL's profit?

I haven't a clue which way it works re the WTC, do Lynn pay them or vice versa?

I haven't a clue which way it works re the WTC, do Lynn pay them or vice versa?

You would assume that the track are paid for the rental of the venue - If the track had to pay I'd imagine promoters with deeper pockets would lump the fee.

You would assume that the track are paid for the rental of the venue - If the track had to pay I'd imagine promoters with deeper pockets would lump the fee.

Why would you assume that. The SWC may operate in the same was as the SGP

Why would you assume that. The SWC may operate in the same was as the SGP

I'm just thinking in terms of common sense, but then again that doesn't generally apply with speedway so I'm probably wrong