British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Gp Qualifying Semi-final Wednesday 7th August Holsted

Eeeek Scott!

Great stream and big bank holiday crowd

If i remember rightly i think that they let kids under 16 in for free.

Heat 4 a big surprise. Loktaev wins! Smolinski 3rd! (that quietened the crowd they ain't singing anymore sort of thing lol) and Zagar last!

I wonder if the announcer at Berwick (and Poole) will be speaking in more than one language as our German friend here is?

Heat 6 oh well at least Scotty beat Henry van der Steen! ummm applause???

Edited by manchesterpaul

Why has the re-run of Heat 7 been stopped? Didn't see anything wrong at the start. Must add that it's a great stream now I've got it open in its own window.

Edited by JamieE

Why has the re-run of Heat 7 been stopped? Didn't see anything wrong at the start.

Starting gate problems

Heat 8 Nice determined win by Smoli in that one.

Heat 9 Ouch! argy bargy between Smolinski and Nicholls the former muscled his way through

Edited by manchesterpaul

Heat 9 Ouch! argy bargy between Smolinski and Nicholls the former muscled his way through

Bet Scott's not happy with that move, Smolinski looked out of control on the bend.

Looks like Dryml's coming alive in the qualifiers once again!

Edited by JamieE

Bet Scott's not happy with that move, Smolinski looked out of control on the bend.

100 % should have been excluded !
  • Like 1

A home favourite, he's ever so popular here you know lol.

Agreed. Think it's save to say that Smolinski dealt with Nicholls there!

Loktaev is flying. (almost literally down the back straight there)

Edited by Welwyn

OMG! it's the body painted ladies going around the track :)

Very nice battle back from Pawlicki, i think Andersson thought he had that locked up.

All four back - Loktaev took it very easy in the first bend of the re-run there....guilty conscience? lol

Scott NIcholls (now 5pts) kept at it around that first bend in Heat 16 and that leaves him in 10th and last qualifying place with one round of races to come. He's got Loktaev (10pts) and Dryml (9pts) in his last race (and Conda 3pts)

Edited by manchesterpaul

Looks like Ljung could be a surprise non-qualifier this afternoon, fingers crossed for Nicholls in his final race.

Zagar clearly got his act together after his poor first race. That race was the first i can remember being quite so strung out. In heat 18 Andersson (4pts), Dilger (5pts) and Lahti (6pts) all hovering around Nicholls but they do come up against Smolinski.

Smolinski having a rough race there, first being squeezed out and later falling did Nicholls no favours.

Heat 19 Nicholls got the outside gate which has been scoring well.

Looks like if in the last heat Woodward (6pts) and Kroner (6pts) fill the top two positions Nicholls won't qualify. That's presuming i filled in my scorecard correctly so far lol. Nicholls (7pts) needs to hope Pawlicki (11pts) grabs the win. I've not checked the countback if one of the first two mentioned finish on the same as Nicholls. Off hand i can't remember if there is automatically a run-off or if it is on countback.

Nice to see Pawlicki get up after that nasty fall, Scott needs him in the re-run too! UH NO PAWLICKI IN THE RE-RUN.

Alas, curtains for Scott. Good job i was here and not the Sky commentators they wouldn't have had a clue who was going through, or what was at stake for each rider in that last race lol lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Ouchy for Pawlicki.

Looks like Pawlicki not fit enough for the first place run-off, he had beaten Zagar in the heats too. So that leaves a run off for third place between Dryml, Smolinski and Lokataev.

Edited by manchesterpaul

What an awful meeting from a spectators viewpoint - virually no overtaking. Shame that falls and the roll of the dice played against Nicholls who was always going to struggle on a gate and go track. Does he go forward as a reserve for the next rounds? Tobi Kroner through - only in Germany!!!

Ok i make it;

1. Matej ZAGAR 11pts

2. Przemyslaw PAWLICKI 11pts

3. Ales DRYML 10pts (+3)

4. Martin SMOLINSKI 10pts (+2)

5. Aleksandr LOKTAEV 10pts (+1)

6. Tobias KRONER 9pts

7. Maciej JANOWSKI 9pts

8. Cameron WOODWARD 8pts

9. Max DILGER 8pts

10. Timo LAHTI 8pts

11. Scott NICHOLLS 7pts

12. Aleksander CONDA 6pts

13. Dennis ANDERSSON 5pts

14. Andrei KARPOV 4pts

15. Peter LJUNG 4pts

16. Henry van der STEEN 0pts

What an awful meeting from a spectators viewpoint - virually no overtaking. Shame that falls and the roll of the dice played against Nicholls who was always going to struggle on a gate and go track. Does he go forward as a reserve for the next rounds? Tobi Kroner through - only in Germany!!!

? There was a fair bit of passing. I certainly enjoyed it.

Bear in mind that the ultimate goal of entering these rounds is to become a Grand Prix series rider, should Nicholls really have put himself into a position where in a meeting in which 10 out of 16 riders qualify a fall or a roll of a dice is enough to put him out? Wouldn't bode well if he had gone on to qualify for the series. Don't forget this was the weak end of the competition with semi-finals and a Challenge final of stiffer competition ahead.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Don't want to kick someone when they are down, but on that form Scott will not be a big miss at the SWC. Caught the back end of the meeting on the excellent streaming site and was a bit shocked by how much water they put down on the track. For the first of each block of four heats the surface was like an ice rink.