British Speedway Forum

Because he was second to Tai, simple as..

No he wasn't, Bomber was, look at the scores. Tai 15, Bomber 12 and Scott only 11.

you would..... But second top scorer hasn't meant a thing for many a year and surely, not even you can argue that bomber has had his day and umpteen chances. Or......are.........

You just attention seeking as per?? :)

No, I'm pointing out that people are being selective. You can't chose to use last years rule of 2nd place get the GP place while ignoring old rules that 2nd highest scorer finishes 2nd.

Using you your, "second top scorer hasn't meant a thing for many a year" theory, finishing 2nd place doesn't mean you qualify for the GP any more.

Bomber has had chances, he's not even riding that well this year but honestly, who do you think will do a better job at Cardiff? Because Scott won't, he's riding worse than Bomber. Cook? Well he couldn't beat an under performing, off form Chris Harris and Scott Nicholls.

Now that Woffinden has finally won on his home track hopefully the event will be moved now to a more neutral track. Or a series of 3 meetings at say Berwick, Ipswich and Somerset would be good.

Whichever EL track you hold it on, it will be an adavantage to someone, and I can't see it being held on a PL track.

It is a technical track and there is a home advantage,most passes generally are on the inside.All i said it is a hard track for non gaters to race on if Wolves are the only track to want the event so be it but i have my doubts on that if so it should be shared around.

You clearly don't see much action from or at Wolves if you think it is a gaters track. :rofl:

That can't be true as Wolves are classic "curse of Sky" sufferers whereby every match is great until Sky show up.

Given how long SKY have been showing live matches there have been more good meetings from Monmore than not.

Certainly generally speaking most will agree that it is usually a good meeting watching racing at Wolves.

Even i will say that i have watched some meetings where races are long drawn out.

It happens at all tracks.

• Like 3

Whichever EL track you hold it on, it will be an adavantage to someone, and I can't see it being held on a PL track.

EOES wouldn't favor anyone IMO, as such a neutral race track for the majority. But with CVS in charge, will always be at Wolves.

• Like 1

No he wasn't, Bomber was, look at the scores. Tai 15, Bomber 12 and Scott only 11.

No, I'm pointing out that people are being selective. You can't chose to use last years rule of 2nd place get the GP place while ignoring old rules that 2nd highest scorer finishes 2nd.

Using you your, "second top scorer hasn't meant a thing for many a year" theory, finishing 2nd place doesn't mean you qualify for the GP any more.

Bomber has had chances, he's not even riding that well this year but honestly, who do you think will do a better job at Cardiff? Because Scott won't, he's riding worse than Bomber. Cook? Well he couldn't beat an under performing, off form Chris Harris and Scott Nicholls.

Scotty 19 yrs, Bomber 16 yrs, riding experience. Cooky just stated his 5th yr riding speedway.

Edited by Mad Potter 2

but that's not the point, we all know they changed because the were sh!t scared Kennett won it or came 2nd to Tai. It wasn't for speedway reasons IMO.

Scotty 18 yrs, Bomber 15 yrs, riding experience. Cooky just stated his 4th yr riding speedway.

And? Ive got about 3 days riding experience and can, sometimes, slide a bike (look to the left of this post). Does that mean based on my potential I should get the British GP wildcard?

EOES wouldn't favor anyone IMO, as such a neutral race track for the majority. But with CVS in charge, will always be at Wolves.

CVS is one of 5 on the management comitte and is not the chairman, so I fail to see how that puts him in charge.

Scott scored more than Bomber last year at Cardiff, has for the last 3 seasons at least finished higher on the rostrum than Harris? For you to dismiss Nicholls "SCB" is little unfair. How would you have the GP set up work then if somebody scrapes through a GP on 9 points yet ends up winning the final?? Are they not the winner??

Harris's victory in 2007 will be his greatest moment and nobody can take that away from him, it has in a way though been his nemesis !! If Harris fails to perform at Cardiff does Nicholls as second placed British finalist deserve the GP challenge wildcard?? I'd personally give it to the highest averaging British rider eligible.

• Like 1

but that's not the point, we all know they changed because the were sh!t scared Kennett won it or came 2nd to Tai. It wasn't for speedway reasons IMO.

Seems fair to me, who actually wants to see Kennett at Cardiff?

Funny thing is that last year people were moaning that Scott got the wildcard and it should have been Tai, now people are moaning that it should not have been picked but should have been the GB final rider. No other country suing it's Nation Champion, so why do we have to? No way is perfect but IMO, this way is better, if Kennett or King had fluked it then that would have been a waste of a wildcard spot IMO.

And? Ive got about 3 days riding experience and can, sometimes, slide a bike (look to the left of this post). Does that mean based on my potential I should get the British GP wildcard?

if your sliding the bike after 3 days then yes!!
  • Like 1

But Scott was second inthe final, and thats, where it counts...

'd personally give it to the highest averaging British rider eligible.

So that would be Harris at this point in time.

And you're right, I was probably harsh on Scott. But as I said elsewhere, Scott and Bomber have nothing between them but Bomber will always get thee edge as his GP win is more marketable.

And for the last 3 years, Bomber has outscored Scott twice.But both their records are mediocre. Bomber has 6 6 6 and Scott 4 5 7.

But Scott was second inthe final, and thats, where it counts...

Well you should tell BSI then because they're claiming Bomber is the wildcard and not Scott. Edited by SCB

Keep practising and you might in xxx yrs. As regards riding a speedway bike, been there, done that & got the T-shirt but was not good enough.

Keep practising and you might in xxx yrs. As regards riding a speedway bike, been there, done that & got the T-shirt but was not good enough.

So if Craig Cook keeps practicing he might be reading. But at the moment he's not. Bomber and Scott are better than him.