British Speedway Forum

I`m damn sure the riders will still be going all out to be British Champion, after all that is the big prize. You can`t tell me they have thought in past years that they only cared about Cardiff.

As for remembering Lee, `kin right we should. It would be bang out of order to hold this meeting on the first anniversary of his passing without doing so.

Fingers crossed for Edward to win this.

@nigelpearson: A year after loss of Lee Richardson, a minute applause planned at #britishFinal & tribute in prog from Rob Mear & @speedwaystarmag #RICO

• Like 1

Why as Garrity not replace one of the riders. He's young and on top form. He would easily mix it to. He would make great viewing. BSPA ain't got a clue

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

Why as Garrity not replace one of the riders. He's young and on top form. He would easily mix it to. He would make great viewing. BSPA ain't got a clue

Because they qualified and he didnt. Stead has pulled out of a meeting injured tonight so there every chance Jason will get a chance anyway, even if only as reserve. And is Richard Hall fit? Edited by SCB

Because they qualified and he didnt. Stead has pulled out of a meeting injured tonight so there every chance Jason will get a chance anyway, even if only as reserve. And is Richard Hall fit?

There out. Haines and howarth riding.

I thought Garrity got a reserve spot. I don't know though. I'll have to check

Yes Garrity got the reserve spot so why is he not riding. Maybe he's refused or as he been bypassed. Would be interesting to know

There out. Haines and howarth riding.

I thought Garrity got a reserve spot. I don't know though. I'll have to check

Yes Garrity got the reserve spot so why is he not riding. Maybe he's refused or as he been bypassed. Would be interesting to know

No he didn't, he lost the run off.

Howarth only got 4 at his

I can only assume that Grieves, Sneddon and Wright all turned the meeting down.

As it's a year to the day I agree with both Starman and Gavan - a one minutes silence would show that people still care one year on.

As for the British Final, it's become a little bit insignificant now.

Good Luck to all in the British Final, but who really gives 'a toss now'.. :sad:

I agree, and i do hope they have a minutes silence..

Edited by Starman2006

Is there ever a 'major' meeting on the calendar that is subject to so many late withdrawals as the British Final is? Granted riders being injured isn't the fault of the organizers and riders themselves, but it does seem lightly jinxed.

Anyone know who the two new reserves will be and which rider replaces which? The BSPA don't say in their press release, hopefully we don't have to wait until the tv broadcast starts up to know lol.

Hope there is a minutes silence or something done to mark the first anniversary of Rico's death. Fans are being asked on twitter to make Wolves white with their Rico tops.

I wonder if it's the fans on here and the Twitter campaign that 'alerted' the BSPA to the actual date, got to admit i didn't realize.

is this likely to be available to view on internet for those of us outside the UK?

I don't use streams myself but just had a glance at the two major streaming sites and both have it listed, obviously no actual streaming sources are listed until about an hour before the meeting.

Howarth scored 6 in his semi.

I can only assume that Grieves, Sneddon and Wright all turned the meeting down.

Howarth finished above Sneddon and C.Wright. Grieves possibly didn't want the meeting due to family bereavement.