British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oneandtwohalfs

Leicester V Workington Pl 18/05/13 7.30pm

Can't see any sour grapes in Tayorj's post, "Congrats", "the better team won". I see a Leicester fan saying he's going back to Sheffield though. I read this forum ( better than the crap on tv) and know that the fans haven't been happy since you you started again. I've said it before but starting from scratch the promoters should have known Scunthorpe and Somerset tracks were highly rated and made Leicesters similar, it's not rocket science.

Oh dear!!!!!!! disgruntled Comets fans expecting to give us an absolute tonking and went home with nothing for their troubles. If you'd have won I would have taken you comments onboard about the racingand the evening but it just sounds like sour grapes at the mo :-)

I've been to Derwent park by the way!!!!!!. I do like to watch Richard Lawson ride so that was a bonus. Hope Howarth is ok after his smash. :-)

No sour grapes, I congratulated Leicester :rolleyes: , there was no racing that's just it !!! I seem to think that nightshift and volty are Lions fans who are none too happy with the track, its shocking and that's all there is to say , get yourself to Scunny, Somerset then you will see what racing is. You keep spending your hard earned money , thank god I'm not , easily pleased you must be

. If you'd have won I would have taken you comments onboard about the racingand the evening but it just sounds like sour grapes at the mo

Do you not watch the racing Tina? Honest question.

Tony Jackson had me thinking 'catchphrase' in the after meeting interview when he was going around the houses about saying how hopeless the track was. Say what you see Tony, say what you see.

Edited by volty

The match last week had plenty of passing, so what was the difference in track condition? Why wasn't it prepared the same? Without starting again is there really anything that can now be done? The rest of the place is built pretty tightly around the track. We took our track inwards 5 meters around both turns and 1 and half inwards on both straights, and it's definitely made plenty of difference to the possibility of making passes.

Edited by Baldyman

The match last week had plenty of passing, so what was the difference in track condition? Why wasn't it prepared the same? Without starting again is there really anything that can now be done? The rest of the place is built pretty tightly around the track. We took our track inwards 5 meters around both turns and 1 and half inwards on both straights, and it's definitely made plenty of difference to the possibility of making passes.

The difference between this week and last week was about 3 seconds a race and a track that was almost waterlogged last week that was damp this. That's how it seemed to me. The track was similar for the duration of the meeting this week to what it was like for the last 3 or 4 races last week. Maybe it's the much vaunted drainage that's the problem? maybe we struggle to get it wet enough. no idea. In normal weather conditions, either super slick or with a bit more dirt, the track is clearly wrong in some way. Some major way.

Maybe they could try putting plenty of water on it and keeping it damp through out the meeting, although I doubt the home riders would like that as they may not earn as much money that way.

• Like 1

Oh dear!!!!!!! disgruntled Comets fans expecting to give us an absolute tonking and went home with nothing for their troubles. If you'd have won I would have taken you comments onboard about the racingand the evening but it just sounds like sour grapes at the mo :-)

I've been to Derwent park by the way!!!!!!. I do like to watch Richard Lawson ride so that was a bonus. Hope Howarth is ok after his smash. :-)

Can you get your head any more in the sand?

I went to Leicester last year as a neutral to enjoy a night of PL racing. I will not go again, your track is awful and produces speedway of the dullest kind. I could allow it as a one off, but 3 years worth of posts on here make it clear to me it's not a one off.

Edited by Kester
  • Like 4

The track gets defended to the hilt each and every week by the same old few. It's about time the stood up to be counted. At least Tina admits the racing is not the be all and end all of her night out (good job i'd say!). I just dont get how all these people constantly defend the indefensible of a track. On here and the facebook site we have a whole bunch of people who should know better. Maybe it's because their job at the speedway is more important to them than the requirement of us lowly speedway fans. Maybe they like the importance they feel from getting a shout out from the centre green, but whatever the reason they know who they are. The problem is whether there are 1500 fans or 300 fans at Leicester Speedway then i fear as long as they feel as important as they currently do i think we'll still get the same defences from these same people.

The trouble is, and i could almost guarantee this, it will be too late by the time David Hemsley realises no-one outside of the cliques and hangers on are interested in what's on offer any more.

Edited by volty

No sour grapes, I congratulated Leicester :rolleyes: , there was no racing that's just it !!! I seem to think that nightshift and volty are Lions fans who are none too happy with the track, its shocking and that's all there is to say , get yourself to Scunny, Somerset then you will see what racing is. You keep spending your hard earned money , thank god I'm not , easily pleased you must be

the thing is, in today's climate do the promoters not think that fans talk to each other?? On here and via twitter etc..... Word is quickly getting round that the racing is terrible so many away fans won't even consider going, added to the fact that the home fans are disgruntled then Leicester seem to be shooting themselves in the foot with a slow motion bullet.... Everyone can't be wrong?? And it takes a bigger bloke to admit failings and put things right for the paying customer, who after all keep the sport going..... Is mr Helmsley a bigger bloke??.... It don't sound like it from reading most Leicester threads.... Pity.
  • Like 3

the thing is, in today's climate do the promoters not think that fans talk to each other?? On here and via twitter etc..... Word is quickly getting round that the racing is terrible so many away fans won't even consider going, added to the fact that the home fans are disgruntled then Leicester seem to be shooting themselves in the foot with a slow motion bullet.... Everyone can't be wrong?? And it takes a bigger bloke to admit failings and put things right for the paying customer, who after all keep the sport going..... Is mr Helmsley a bigger bloke??.... It don't sound like it from reading most Leicester threads.... Pity.

Did you go last night???

There are in excess of 1500 fans and all you hear from is the same old same old, all tracks have them. Who think they can do a better I agree the tractor made too many appearance and the meeting seem to be quite drawn out by the breaks between heats

It has been proven after last night that low attendances have been due to poor weather forecast as the sun came out and so did the fans. I did worry at one point that the Lions would lose after the tactical, in front of such a large crowd. but there was no need to as the team dug deep and really pleased that Branford was able to make his mark in the later stages of the meeting. I expected more from Howarth but maybe his recent dropping from Poole has affected is performance.

and yes I do watch the racing but I am not anal about it trying to pint point heats that don't have any to come on here the next day and whistle. Workington thought they were going to be the team to come to BP and do what everyone else has been unable to but the Lions had other ideas possibly due to the atmosphere round the stadium..

Oh i'm sorry you didn't mention Somerset or Scunny in your post your insinuation was that Derwent Park was the place to be. Well I went last year and it was a dustbowl I had to move twice I kept getting dust in my drink. You may rememeber it it was the night kenny Ingalls came a cropper because MPT didn't see him till he was on top of him because of the dust not much racing that night I can tell you!!!!!!!!!

I went to Leicester last year as a neutral to enjoy a night of PL racing. I will not go again, your track is awful and produces speedway of the dullest kind. I could allow it as a one off, but 3 years worth of posts on here make it clear to me it's not a one off.

So you gave it one go blimey I hope every other track hits the target and provides great passing racing etc etc when you visit or they can kiss bye bye to your 15 quid. I'm sure they will be glad of the warning

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

Did you go last night???

There are in excess of 1500 fans and all you hear from is the same old same old, all tracks have them. Who think they can do a better I agree the tractor made too many appearance and the meeting seem to be quite drawn out by the breaks between heats

It has been proven after last night that low attendances have been due to poor weather forecast as the sun came out and so did the fans. I did worry at one point that the Lions would lose after the tactical, in front of such a large crowd. but there was no need to as the team dug deep and really pleased that Branford was able to make his mark in the later stages of the meeting. I expected more from Howarth but maybe his recent dropping from Poole has affected is performance.

and yes I do watch the racing but I am not anal about it trying to pint point heats that don't have any to come on here the next day and whistle. Workington thought they were going to be the team to come to BP and do what everyone else has been unable to but the Lions had other ideas possibly due to the atmosphere round the stadium..

Oh i'm sorry you didn't mention Somerset or Scunny in your post your insinuation was that Derwent Park was the place to be. Well I went last year and it was a dustbowl I had to move twice I kept getting dust in my drink. You may rememeber it it was the night kenny Ingalls came a cropper because MPT didn't see him till he was on top of him because of the dust not much racing that night I can tell you!!!!!!!!!

So you gave it one go blimey I hope every other track hits the target and provides great passing racing etc etc when you go or they can kiss bye bye to your 15 quid

people go to speedway to be entertained, not just the result... No I wasn't there and I wouldn't waste time and money to travel half way down the country to watch gate and go, that's my point. In your opinion is it great entertainment?? That's all I'm asking?? An honest answer and not just what the brown nosed rose tinted lot want you to say. :)

people go to speedway to be entertained, not just the result... No I wasn't there and I wouldn't waste time and money to travel half way down the country to watch gate and go, that's my point. In your opinion is it great entertainment?? That's all I'm asking?? An honest answer and not just what the brown nosed rose tinted lot want you to say. :)

I certainly don't think everything in the garden is Rosie I don't like the fact that Nielsen was dropped and didn't like the fact that Lambert was dropped and if you actually knew me you would know I don't brown nose anybody.!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly don't think everything in the garden is Rosie I don't like the fact that Nielsen was dropped and didn't like the fact that Lambert was dropped and if you actually knew me you would know I don't brown nose anybody.!!!!!!!!!!

so is it great racing? That's all us visiting fans want to know??.... If we pay good money to travel, enter your stadium, but your prog, eat your food..... Is it value for money???

Did you go last night???

There are in excess of 1500 fans and all you hear from is the same old same old, all tracks have them.

I'd disagree with you there. I'd say good crowds this year are nearer 700-1200. Last year I would say crowds were 1200-1800. the year before 1500-2000. I think it will be too late before you acknowledge it's how it is. To say previous poor crowds this year is solely down to the weather is crackers. If so why is it only this year that crowds have suddenly become the norm on those kind of nights. Trouble is most people who have issues just stop going.

How on earth has dropping Nielsen and Lambert got anything to do with whether speedway at Leicester is entertaining? I'm afraid you're losing me. What are you talking about?

Edited by volty
  • Like 2